Knight's Mana Return

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Questionmark

Knight's Mana Return

#1 Post by Questionmark » Sun May 08, 2011 3:33 pm

While playing my knight, I found out that Mana Return is cast after one Holy Seal is activated. I wanted Mana Return to activate with three Holy Seals. Therefor I've edited the skills.xml. The original line looks like this.

Code: Select all

<skill name="KNIGHT_MANA_RETURN" range="100" />
I've edited the line into this (just like Threaten).

<skill name="KNIGHT_MANA_RETURN" range="100" cooldown="8" type="damage" target="enemy" reqbuffname="501773,501774,501775,501776" reqbufftarget="target" reqbuffcount="3" />

rock5

Re: Knight's Mana Return

#2 Post by rock5 » Sun May 08, 2011 8:08 pm

You're right, that skill needs updating. I'm not sure if it should default to requiring 3 seals though. The skill can work with only 1. Maybe reqbuffcount should be "1" and if the user wants 3 (or 2 seals for that matter) they can change reqbuffcount in their profile.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Sun May 08, 2011 8:18 pm

Yeah this debate has been around for some time, before we had the check for debuff's in the skills database I used to have a onpreskillcast to check how many stacks the target had.

The debate was if you wait til 3 stacks then the mob will be already dead at low levels.
At higher levels because of the cooldown of mana return it will use the skill at 1 stack and then you should have 3 stacks before it is off cooldown again, so it would only be the first mana return that gets the low amount returned.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Questionmark

#4 Post by Questionmark » Mon May 09, 2011 1:27 am

lisa wrote:The debate was if you wait til 3 stacks then the mob will be already dead at low levels.
At higher levels because of the cooldown of mana return it will use the skill at 1 stack and then you should have 3 stacks before it is off cooldown again, so it would only be the first mana return that gets the low amount returned.
True, my knight is a low level one and I gave Mana Return a high priority, because else it would be cast to late. I don't think that you really need Mana Return at a high level when you're decently statted.
rock5 wrote:You're right, that skill needs updating. I'm not sure if it should default to requiring 3 seals though. The skill can work with only 1. Maybe reqbuffcount should be "1" and if the user wants 3 (or 2 seals for that matter) they can change reqbuffcount in their profile.
Changing the number of stacked buffs in one's profile would be a good idea I guess.

Atlas123

#5 Post by Atlas123 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:05 pm

Hello,

I have looked at different threads for Mana return but no luck, therefore hoping this thread is relevant (not about buff count but it is about mana return); so here is my question:

Using RBassist or just a normal waypoint I set-up Mana return as priority 100 in the profile, such as:

<skills_knight>

<skill name="KNIGHT_MANA_RETURN"   	hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" inbattle="true" cooldown="7" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_RESOLUTION"	   	hotkey="MACRO" priority="95" hpper="40"/>
		<skill name="KNIGHT_CHARGE"		hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" />
		<skill name="PRIEST_REGENERATE"      	hotkey="MACRO" priority="80"  hpper="99" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_STRIKE"    	hotkey="MACRO" priority="60" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_SEAL"      	hotkey="MACRO" priority="50" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_WHIRLWIND_SHIELD"   hotkey="MACRO" priority="40" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_ENHANCED_ARMOR"   	hotkey="MACRO" priority="30" />
		<skill name="PRIEST_MAGIC_BARRIER" 	hotkey="MACRO" priority="20" rebuffcut="60" inbattle="true" />

</skills_knight>
Mana return will work once at the beginign of the battle but will not reactivate itself, everything else works (e.g. The whirlwind Shield will work after cooldown even with priority 40).

I have also tried without "inbattle" and "cooldown" in the Mana return line but still not luck.

btw I removed the main weapon to have battle go for longer but still no luck. Must be missing something obvious but I have tried and failed for weeks now ^^

Thank you for your help.