New way to level skills via RomBot *UNBROKE*

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
MiesterMan

New way to level skills via RomBot *UNBROKE*

#1 Post by MiesterMan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:40 am

Ok, so I was working on a system to upgrade my skills based on priority on levelup and here it is. I'm going to use with with my autoskill mapper when I finish it. Still trying to work out a way to read what RomBot has already decided the key bindings are from an outside the class function.

This is the new function I made to the max skill level without using that glitchy in-game function they give us to level up skills. Add this to your manual addon:

Code: Select all

function LevelSkills(_tab,_skill)
	SkillLevelUpFrame_Open(_tab,_skill);
	SkillLevelUpFrameMax_OnClick();
	SkillLevelUpFrameOkay_OnClick();
end
Under OnLoad of your profile put:

local tpSkills = {"ROGUE_WOUND_ATTACK", "ROGUE_LOW_BLOW", "ROGUE_SHADOWSTAB", "ROGUE_DAGGER_MASTERY"}
		function SendLvlSkills()
			local tpIndex = 1;
			while tpSkills[tpIndex] do
				for i,v in pairs(settings.profile.skills) do
					if( v.Name == tpSkills[tpIndex] ) then
						RoMScript("LevelSkills("..tostring(v.skilltab)..","..tostring(v.skillnum)..");");
						cprintf(cli.yellow, "Maxing %s in the order the user specified.\n", tpSkills[tpIndex]);
						yrest(1000);
					end
				end
				tpIndex = tpIndex + 1;
			end
		end
(Swap out the skills in tpSkills with the skills you want to level up - the first will have first priority and the second has second priorty and so on...)

Under OnLevelup of your profile add this:

SendLvlSkills();
If I knew how to add an extra variable to the class this could be included in the xml info for skills but all that happens when I try is it breaks (obviously I don't know how to do it right).

Edit: There is an issue with detecting levelups when character cycling so I added the levelup check toonloeave combat as follows:

player:update();
		if(player.Level > player.level_detect_levelup)  then
			player.level_detect_levelup = player.Level;
			SendLvlSkills();
		end