Killing monsters.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Littlejacky

Killing monsters.

#1 Post by Littlejacky » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi!

Now I have used RoMbot some time for KS, and I must said I have been happy about it!

- But now I want to move on, and try to make a little WP.

I will try to make my bot run in Silverspring killing Kobolds + Kipos with honour party. So far I have made the waypoints, but I don't know how to make my bot kill the monsters, and invite my ALT for honour party. I have searched forum + looking through the WP for KS, but it really don't make any sense for me.

Thanks in advance

rock5

Re: Killing monsters.

#2 Post by rock5 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:08 pm

Why don't you just create the party first then start your waypoint file? You don't need the waypoint to leave and re-join the party like you do with ks, right?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Littlejacky

#3 Post by Littlejacky » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:15 am

But when the honour party runs out after the 3 hours, doesn't I have to remake party + use the honour certificate again?

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:48 am

Ah yeah, there is that. :D

I don't have much experience with the correct party code. If I do use a party I use my own custom addon so you couldn't do what I would do anyway. Maybe someone who already uses code you could use, could copy and paste it here instead of me trying to figure it out from scratch.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Littlejacky

#5 Post by Littlejacky » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:54 am

Okay.
But I figured out how the attacking works. But is there a way to make a waypoint, which example kills Wood-Beaker Jillap - kill, loot, stand still, and kill again when he respawns? I tried, but my bot just run around the 1 waypoint I made (****ing up the screen).

ZZZZZ

#6 Post by ZZZZZ » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:38 am

For just killing a mob or a few mobs within a certain radius, try the file below. Just set the "MAX_TARGET_DIST" that you want at the top of the file.
zcommander.xml
(943 Bytes) Downloaded 153 times
You could also add that mob (Wood-Beaker Jillap) to the mob target list if you only want it to target that. Adding changeOptionFriendMob("mob", GetIdName(104729), "Add") to it would allow you to do that within the waypoint, rather than changing your profile. (Change the ID - 104729, to the ID of the Mob you want to target.

Not sure if you figured out the honor party or not, but most the waypoints regarding KS have the lines in it to deal with that.

Code: Select all

if not player:hasBuff("May Establish Honor Party") then
		inventory:useItem(202879); -- Honor Certificate
		yrest(2000)
		SlashCommand("ILG inv")
	else
		SlashCommand("ILG inv")
	end
Of course doing it the above way requires you to have the addon invite last group, though you can do all the inviting/leaving party solely within RoMBot using RoMScripts as well.

That's just a hint as to what you could do, seeing as you do not nead to leave the party, you can just have a check at a specific waypoint for the honor party buff, and if it does not exist, breaks party, uses another honor certificate and then invites them back again.
Last edited by ZZZZZ on Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Littlejacky

#7 Post by Littlejacky » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:59 pm

Where do I have to put this

if not player:hasBuff("May Establish Honor Party") then
inventory:useItem(202879); -- Honor Certificate
yrest(2000)
SlashCommand("ILG inv")
else
SlashCommand("ILG inv")
end

I only got this so far in my WP

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
<!-- # 1 --><waypoint x="111" z="1252" y="82"> </waypoint>
<!-- # 2 --><waypoint x="-59" z="1298" y="39"> </waypoint>
<!-- # 3 --><waypoint x="-169" z="1170" y="30"> </waypoint>
<!-- # 4 --><waypoint x="-362" z="1149" y="42"> </waypoint>
<!-- # 5 --><waypoint x="-748" z="1816" y="16"> </waypoint>
<!-- # 6 --><waypoint x="-927" z="1892" y="33"> </waypoint>
</waypoints>

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:59 pm

Just put it in to one of the waypoints. Then when it reaches that waypoint it will do the code. To put code "in" a waypoint put it between a waypoint open tag and waypoint close tag. This is a waypoint open tag

<waypoint x="111" z="1252" y="82">
and this is a waypoint close tag

</waypoint>

Littlejacky

#9 Post by Littlejacky » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:31 am

Thanks for the help, all!