Noobbotter's World Traveler Userfunction

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
noobbotter

Re: Noobbotter's World Traveler Userfunction

#41 Post by noobbotter » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:12 am

I'm not sure why it's not transporting from that point. In heffner, the game refers to Varanas as "Silverspring" so if you're using the English client, you can change Line 982 from

Code: Select all

NPCTeleport(cur_Npc_ID, TEXT("Varanas"));
to be this:

NPCTeleport(cur_Npc_ID, "Silverspring");
and it will work. This will not fix all language versions though.

Rock5, I don't understand why this doesn't work from here unless the game actually uses a different zone name for it from Heffner. Could you find that zone name for me and I'll add a line in the "optionstrings" for it.

rock5

#42 Post by rock5 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:46 am

I went to Heffner to check it out and it does say "Silverspring". I tried a few different languages and TEXT("ZONE_SILVERSPRING") matched the name in the dialog in all cases. So we probably just made an initial mistake of using "Varanas" at Heffner. Just go ahead and change it to

NPCTeleport(cur_Npc_ID, "Silverspring");
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

noobbotter

#43 Post by noobbotter » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:02 am

I see the problem. I had Hefner using

NPCTeleport(cur_Npc_ID, TEXT("Varanas"));

But there is an option text for

NPCTeleport(cur_Npc_ID, TEXT("Silverspring"));

I'll make that change in the next revision.

noobbotter

#44 Post by noobbotter » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:00 pm

I updated the World Traveler Userfunction on the first post of this topic. Version 1.2 fixes the transport from Heffner to Varanas as well as an endless loop that was occurring when trying to go from Obsidian Stronghold to Silverfall.

Next update I'll see about adding support to/from Chrysalia.

- Noobbotter

noobbotter

#45 Post by noobbotter » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:36 pm

I found a new problem. Today I attempted to go to Limo Desert from Varanas and when it got to Dalanis, my character started running toward DOD instead of toward Snoop. I'll try to get this fixed tomorrow.

rock5

#46 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:45 am

You know, I've always considered the way you search for the npc too complicated. I can't see why you can't just find the nearest npc in your table then search for it with a findNearestNameOrId.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

dx876234

#47 Post by dx876234 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:06 am

Damn nice function, the only thing I'm missing is that it should not go into error but return a true/false value, i.e. leave error handling to the calling script.

-dx

kenzu38

#48 Post by kenzu38 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:29 am

Hi noobbotter, I was wondering if you'll be updating this userfunction as the transport portal options have been changed in the recent patch.

rock5

#49 Post by rock5 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:49 am

How is he supposed to update it if you don't tell him which have changed?

kenzu38

#50 Post by kenzu38 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:30 am

Lol didn't realize he might be running a different version.

Anyway, in 5.0.6, CoO and Xaviera portals are now all interlinked. You can now be transported between any 2 transport points in CoO and Xaviera.

Btw, you also have the GoToPortal function, right? You might have to update it as well.

rock5

#51 Post by rock5 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:30 am

I wasn't implying that he used another version just how is he supposed to know which changed? Go around to every single teleport npc and check each? That would be very time consuming, although I guess it would be mentioned in the patch notes.

Anyway this is very cool. Now it's just that much easier to do dailies in any part of this continent.

I wonder if noobbotter should add some sort of backward compatibility for people still playing older clients. Maybe, for example, just say you want to go to Frontline from Heffner. If it fails to go directly to Frontside then it should go to Lyonsyde. At Lyonsyde it will again attempt to go to Frontside. If it fails then it goes to Desert Investigation Post, etc. And because NPCTeleport returns true or false then it wouldn't be hard. You could just do

if NPCTeleport(npc,"Frontline") ~= true then
    NPCTeleport(npc,"Lyonsyde Tribe")
end

kenzu38

#52 Post by kenzu38 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:53 am

Lol well I just asked that question thoughtlessly, I guess subconsciously I was assuming he'd find out about it right away since everyone goes there for dailies anyway.

But I just noticed now that he hasn't posted in this thread for quite some time. So there's a high chance he's not interested in updating.

Anyway, it sure is a cool update. It's much easier and cheaper to level secondary classes with dailies now.

lolita

#53 Post by lolita » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:30 am

Here it is, edited version of Noobbotter's World Traveler Userfunction
(hope NoobBotter wont mind :D )

** Edited Heffner/Xaviera teleports for 5.0.6 patch
** Added transport to/from Chrysalia. Keyword "Chrysalia"
** Added direct transport to/from Goblin Mines. Keyword "GoblinMines"
** Fixed Ayren caravan teleport node
** Fixed DalanisObsidianEnvoy node, you should now go to SJF, NJF... as intended, instead of runing to DoD

report any bugs :)
Attachments
userfunction_worldtraveler.lua
v1.3 for 5.0.6 game version
(68.9 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Last edited by lolita on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a journey, not destination :D

kenzu38

#54 Post by kenzu38 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:14 am

Hi lolita! First of all, Merry Christmas!

Thanks for sharing your file.

Although, the original file was having issues with memory address, I think that's what it's called? This happens when I'm in Ayren Caravan going to lyk. The MM window reports an error. So unless you changed the address in your file, it will also probably error in Ayren. So can you please look into that?

Other than that, great share. I'll test the CoO and Xaviera teleports sometime today. Again, thanks for sharing.

lolita

#55 Post by lolita » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:11 am

I'll look what's wrong with Ayren caravan teleport, and add transport to Chrysalia and to Gobline Mines.
I'll post code tomorow, after all it's Christmas Time.

Merry Christmas to all :)

** EDIT
i edited post above, have fun

Buster99

#56 Post by Buster99 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:08 pm

Ayren to Silverfall is broken. Just goes back and forth from Ayren to Obsidian in continuous loop. OP fixed this but then somehow your update hasn't carried it forward.

Thanks much for your work on this...very helpful.

lolita

#57 Post by lolita » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:10 pm

i think i found error, ill test it tomorow.
today was 5.0.7 patch on oficial server, added new zone "Merdhin Tundra" ,
so i wait for nexon server to be patched, so i can add new zone to function and fix this bug.

lolita

#58 Post by lolita » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:17 am

Here it is 1.4 version
** Added transport to/from Merdhin Tundra. Keyword "Tundra"
** Fixed Ayren <-> Obisian infinite loop
Attachments
userfunction_worldtraveler.lua
v1.4
(69.83 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Last edited by lolita on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noobbotter

#59 Post by noobbotter » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 am

Lolita, thank you for helping out with this userfunction. No, I don't mind at all. I've just been really busy and haven't had much time to work with this. hopefully I'll have time this week to download your latest version and see if there is anything I can help with. If you have any questions about any of the coding feel free to ask me. Thanks again for helping out.

rock5

#60 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:48 am

You set up the option for Merdhin Tundra correctly using "ZONE_Z24_MERDHIN_TUNDRA" so TEXT("Tundra") should work. Actually you spelt it wrong. It should be "ZONE_Z24_MERDIN_TUNDRA".