Need Help with Target NPC that moves or walks

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
Tempest

Need Help with Target NPC that moves or walks

#1 Post by Tempest » Fri May 04, 2012 6:28 pm

was wondering if someone here could help me i am trying to target a npc that moves the id is 119197

but he moves alot all over the place is there away to search for the npc in between a few way points?

rock5

Re: Need Help with Target NPC that moves or walks

#2 Post by rock5 » Sat May 05, 2012 1:35 am

Sure easy enough. Just creat waypoints at all the locations he might be and check at each spot. Probably best to make some sort of loop. Then at the spot where you should continue, to do the quest, if you don't have the quest then go round again. If you have the quest then continue. I'd probably create a mini function in the onload of the waypoint. Something like.

Code: Select all

function CheckNPCAccept()
    if  getQuestStatus("name of quest") ~= "incomplete" and player:target_NPC(119197) then
        yrest(1000)
        AcceptQuestByName("name of quest")
    end
end
Then just add

Code: Select all

CheckNPCAccept()
at each waypoint you want to check. Then creat a similar function for completing the quest. If you want to use the function for more than one quest you could add arguments to the function.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Tempest

Re: Need Help with Target NPC that moves or walks

#3 Post by Tempest » Sun May 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Thanks Rock for your help and time seems to work just got to tweak stuff around still having abit of issues