Bot does not work with new created chars

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Shogun

Bot does not work with new created chars

#1 Post by Shogun » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:48 am

Hi,

should be simple: create a mage, duplicate the default profile, drag an empty macro to VK_0, start the bot and all is fine.
But, the bot window reports:
Loading profile: MyNewChar.xml
MACRO Test: ok
... and then the client crashes.

I already experienced this behaviour some weeks before. The bot works fine with already used chars.
How can I fix that?

rock5

Re: Bot does not work with new created chars

#2 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:54 am

You shouldn't be creating blank macros anymore. In fact if you do, it will ignore it and still create it's own. That's not related to you problem though as that wouldn't cause your client to crash.

I've created a few new characters recently and botted them so it's not an issue with new characters. It must be something else.

Is there anything that the new characters have in common that the old ones don't?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Shogun

#3 Post by Shogun » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:59 am

I just wanted to remove the macro, accidently clicked it and the client crashed. Here is the content:

Code: Select all

/script R='' a={xxxx; ChatFrame1:AddMessage("MACRO test: successful");} for i=1,#a do R=R..tostring(a[i])..'	' end EditMacro(2,'RB',7,R)

Shogun

#4 Post by Shogun » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:04 am

OK, macro is removed now. Bot reports "Loading profile". Nothing more happens, bot hangs.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:06 am

Have you updated the bot recently? What version are you using? Are there any conflicting files (yellow or red icons next to the files in Explorer)?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Shogun

#6 Post by Shogun » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:12 am

Version is 640. No conflicts, but several modifications in the code.

OK, must be something in my modifications. I reverted to 640 and the bot works.

Shogun

#7 Post by Shogun » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:37 am

Got it. About a year ago, after a client update, I preset the macro key as the findActionKey() was not working.

function setupMacroHotkey()
	-- Find the action key that points to the command macro.
	local actionKey, hotkey = findActionKeyForMacro(commandMacro)
	actionKey = 10; hotkey = key.VK_0; -- <<-removed that
Thanks rock, your comments were helpful. The bot is a masterpiece!

grande

#8 Post by grande » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:30 pm

This sounds really close to a problem I'm having but I can't understand what you did to fix it. did you remove "actionKey = 10; hotkey = key.VK_0;"? Because when I remove that and leave in the "local actionKey..." part it doesn't work at all. My problem now is similar to what you described above where it says "loading profile" and then it just sits there doing nothing. I can see the macro key "0" flashing with the macro icon loaded to it but nothing hapens and it just sits there at the "loading profile" text.

I'm on version 644

My only conclusion so far is that it's corrupted files or something because the symptoms vary from account to account. some accounts work fine, some accounts work okay as long as I manually load the bot for each character and worse yet, some accounts hang up at the "loading profile" text requiring me to completely relog the character so that I can only manually load the bot to the next character. So basically, autologin is a crapshoot at this stage. I suspect it's because of corrupted or "in use" files but that's just a guess.
Shogun wrote:Got it. About a year ago, after a client update, I preset the macro key as the findActionKey() was not working.

function setupMacroHotkey()
	-- Find the action key that points to the command macro.
	local actionKey, hotkey = findActionKeyForMacro(commandMacro)
	actionKey = 10; hotkey = key.VK_0; -- <<-removed that
Thanks rock, your comments were helpful. The bot is a masterpiece!

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:59 pm

What Shogun had done was add "actionKey = 10; hotkey = key.VK_0;" previously and it eventually caused his problems. When he removed that, it fixed his problem.

You said you also tried removing that but that shouldn't be in your code as it's not part of the originl code. Unless you had also previously added it your self.

Anyway if your files aren't all original then I suggest trying to do a "Revert" on it. Just right click the "rom" folder and select "TortoiseSVN/Revert" and revert any edited files listed.

yoyodoggg

#10 Post by yoyodoggg » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:48 am

hey again =), been messing around with the 1-10pioneer scripts.

Problems im having is:
After a new account with all new level 1 characters on it. My bot doesnt make macro hotkeys when it loads the next character,
so it end up just spaming an empty 0 macro and doing nothing.

here is my code.
l1tstart.xml =

<waypoints >
	<!-- # 3 --><waypoint x="-3779" z="-8480"></waypoint>
	<!-- # 4 --><waypoint x="-3654" z="-8639">player:update()</waypoint>
	<!-- # 5 --><waypoint x="-3519" z="-8670"></waypoint>
	<!-- # 6 --><waypoint x="-3399" z="-8700"></waypoint>
	<!-- # 8 --><waypoint x="-3034" z="-9034">loadPaths("1-10Pioneers/l2-3_wolf");</waypoint>
</waypoints>
l10tpostbox.xml =

<!-- #  5 --><waypoint x="-610" z="-5827" y="24">
		printf("Switching characters now");
	  sendMacro("}LoginNextToon=true;a={");
      sendMacro("Logout();");
      waitForLoadingScreen(); yrest(5000);
	  loadPaths("1-10Pioneers/l1t_start");
	</waypoint>
</waypoints>
bot will go thru levels 1-10 and works fine, logs out and logs in next character, but next character doesnt make any Macro hotkeys, and just idleing spaming empty hotkey 0.
If i make any empty hotkey manuely while its buggin out like this, the bot will then make its bot macro and start working properly.

any ideas?

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:47 am

Can I ask you, are the characters all the same class?

yoyodoggg

#12 Post by yoyodoggg » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:39 pm

most are rogues but happened when it switched to the warrior as well.

Trulevale

#13 Post by Trulevale » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:11 pm

I have the same problem. After switching character bot simply clicks on an empty 0 and freezes. That freezes, because the bot does not respond to pressing the key "delete" (if the slip function of player:sleep()).

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Trulevale wrote:I have the same problem. After switching character bot simply clicks on an empty 0 and freezes. That freezes, because the bot does not respond to pressing the key "delete" (if the slip function of player:sleep()).
Can I see the code you use to change character and any code that follows it.

Also I'll ask you too, was the next character the same class as the previous character?

Trulevale

#15 Post by Trulevale » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:15 am

rock5 wrote:
Trulevale wrote:I have the same problem. After switching character bot simply clicks on an empty 0 and freezes. That freezes, because the bot does not respond to pressing the key "delete" (if the slip function of player:sleep()).
Can I see the code you use to change character and any code that follows it.

Also I'll ask you too, was the next character the same class as the previous character?
I use this code:
print(player.Name.." is logging out");
RoMScript("Logout();");
yrest(30000);
repeat yrest(5000);loggedin = RoMScript("UnitName('player');"); until loggedin;
waitForLoadingScreen();
player:update();
player.Death_counter = 0;
After it:
loadPaths("Human_Ka4/Chk_pers_lvl");
The next char have the same class as the previous character.

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:13 am

You basically have 3 different code to wait for it to reload.

You have

yrest(30000)
which will work as long as it never takes more than 30 seconds to reload. And if it takes less, it will still wait.

You have

Which wouldn't work because if it tried to execute a 'RoMScript' while still reloading it would probably crash. If it hasn't crashed it's probably because it's always taken less than 30 seconds to reload.

And you have

waitForLoadingScreen()
This waits for the loading screen to appear then disappear before giving back control to your code. This is the safest thing to use because even if it took 45 seconds to reload this will wait until it finishes reloading.

Unfortunately you are running it after the loading screen has come and gone. All you have to do to have it work as intended is to remove these 2 lines

yrest(30000);

Trulevale

#17 Post by Trulevale » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:29 am

Thank you very much. I try it.