Question about healing

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
adonisz

Question about healing

#1 Post by adonisz » Sat May 21, 2011 9:32 am

I'm running KS script right now and my character is a R/D. What kind of code do you have to put in to make your character fully heal himself before moving onto the next waypoint? I don't want my character to die, but he is always low health and when he casts recover, he is doing it while moving, which doesn't cast, or when he is fighting, which casts sometimes but not always.
And maybe how to heal oneself more often when in a boss fight?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Giram

Re: Question about healing

#2 Post by Giram » Sat May 21, 2011 11:18 am

This has kept me alive in ks with m/d. I trimmed that little just to leave only my healing codes.

Code: Select all

<onSkillCast>

if (not player:hasBuff("Blossoming Life") and (90 > player.HP/player.MaxHP*100)) then
			player:cast("DRUID_BLOSSOMING_LIFE");
		end

if (not player:hasBuff("Recover") and (60 > player.HP/player.MaxHP*100)) then
			player:cast("DRUID_RECOVER");
			yrest(2200);
		end

</onSkillCast>

adonisz

#3 Post by adonisz » Sat May 21, 2011 11:43 am

thanks a lot giram, i didn't know what code to write in the onskillscast, but this worked great. thanks :)

Mushroomstamp

#4 Post by Mushroomstamp » Sat May 21, 2011 1:27 pm

I'm probably missing something here, but why not just up the hpper number for the skills in the skills section? Or add an onLoad event to the waypoint file to change hpper or hprest numbers?

Giram

#5 Post by Giram » Sat May 21, 2011 2:33 pm

OnSkillCast will be checked after each skill. Skills that have been assigned with priority will be cast one by one and then it might be too late for healing. This is just my theory.

adonisz

#6 Post by adonisz » Sat May 21, 2011 2:55 pm

I'm probably missing something here, but why not just up the hpper number for the skills in the skills section? Or add an onLoad event to the waypoint file to change hpper or hprest numbers?
Well I did put my hpper to 90 before doing the oncastskills, but it was not enough heals to survive the boss. And what do you mean add an onload event to the wapoint file? I'm kind of interested because I die maybe once out of every 3 or 4 times and it'd be great if I didn't die at all :P

Giram

#7 Post by Giram » Sat May 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Got another one. This one will heal you until your hp is above 50%. Hope you can tinker from these the kind of healing system you want. I wonder why i got different healing codes for each class...

while (50 > player.HP/player.MaxHP*100) do
			player:cast("DRUID_RECOVER");
			yrest(2500);
		end

adonisz

#8 Post by adonisz » Sat May 21, 2011 3:24 pm

oh cool. so can you add 2 or 3 while's to the oncastskills section at like hp<20 or 30 or 40?
And the yrest(2500) is the code for healing? I always wondered what that was. how did you get the code?

Giram

#9 Post by Giram » Sat May 21, 2011 3:41 pm

adonisz wrote:oh cool. so can you add 2 or 3 while's to the oncastskills section at like hp<20 or 30 or 40?
And the yrest(2500) is the code for healing?
yrest() is waiting function that takes milliseconds as arguments or something.

yrest(2500) is just for waiting time for skill. 2.5 seconds as there might be lag or something to get it started or finished. Otherwise bot will start casting and then will continue to next waypoint and casting will be interrupted. And yes, you can add more than one. Can't remember for sure but i think DRUID_BLOSSOMING_LIFE was instant cast and won't need yrest.
adonisz wrote:how did you get the code?
I coded these some time ago. As these are just functions of the bot that can be found from forums or wiki.

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Sat May 21, 2011 8:28 pm

I think I added a fix not long ago so it doesn't start moving until it stops casting so you shouldn't need to yrest after casting anymore.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Mushroomstamp

#11 Post by Mushroomstamp » Mon May 23, 2011 11:50 am

Giram wrote:OnSkillCast will be checked after each skill. Skills that have been assigned with priority will be cast one by one and then it might be too late for healing. This is just my theory.
And it seems like a pretty solid theory... I figured I was missing something. =)
adonisz wrote:And what do you mean add an onload event to the wapoint file?
Before your first waypoint, put something like;

<onLoad>
changeProfileSkill("DRUID_BLOSSOMING_LIFE", "hpper", 90)
changeProfileSkill("DRUID_RECOVER", "hpper", 70)
changeProfileOption("HP_REST", 65)
</onLoad>
This will make the respective changes to your profile when the waypoint file is loaded. You probably want to change hprest to 95 or 100 at the last waypoint before a boss, then back to 65 or so at the waypoint after. And I'm sure you've got it this way, but for any noobs reading who may have not thought about it, make sure your heal skills have the highest priorities.
Giram wrote:Can't remember for sure but i think DRUID_BLOSSOMING_LIFE was instant cast and won't need yrest.
This is correct.
rock5 wrote:I think I added a fix not long ago so it doesn't start moving until it stops casting so you shouldn't need to yrest after casting anymore.
I have a rest after Recover as well. Without it, it seems to be hit or miss as to whether or not bot stays still.

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:52 pm

Mushroomstamp wrote:
rock5 wrote:I think I added a fix not long ago so it doesn't start moving until it stops casting so you shouldn't need to yrest after casting anymore.
I have a rest after Recover as well. Without it, it seems to be hit or miss as to whether or not bot stays still.
Actually, it was a very recent version, version 603. Have you upgraded to that version? Or is it "hit and miss" with an older version?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Mushroomstamp

#13 Post by Mushroomstamp » Wed May 25, 2011 11:17 am

Been at 603 since it became available, though I can't positively remember the last time I had the issue since I haven't been playing that character much. I'll remove the rest when I use him next & see what happens. *thumbup*

EDIT:
Tried it last night - no good. Still need the rest after calling the skill or bot moves before the heal is casted, unless it's in battle.