French version issue

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
yun59

French version issue

#1 Post by yun59 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Hi, i'm playing on the french version of Rom and some npc and of course all quest haven't the same name as your version so:
i dont want the name of all quest but
if anyone can give me some code lines to prompt out the names and id for the npc, quest and item in the bag
that will be awesome.

Ps: i've already try to replace the quest name and quest choice by the french ones in the Millerfarmegg script but for now that doesn't work.

Thanks a lot.

rock5

Re: French version issue

#2 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:15 pm

yun59 wrote:if anyone can give me some code lines to prompt out the names and id for the npc, quest and item in the bag that will be awesome.
I'm not sure why you need the ids for, names should work. The easiest way to get quest and item ids is using the ItemPreview addon. Use rom/getid.lua to get the id of npcs.
yun59 wrote:Ps: i've already try to replace the quest name and quest choice by the french ones in the Millerfarmegg script but for now that doesn't work.
If you're using my egg script you shouldn't have to change anything because it should work in any language. eg. TEXT('Sys422386_name') is equal to "An Easy Lay?" on the English client but would be equal to the translated name on a different language client.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

qcalex

#3 Post by qcalex » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:18 pm

im also using the french client and if you use the last version of millers ranch script you dont even need to change anything
(jutilise la version francais aussi et si tu utilise la derniere version du script de la ferme tu ne devrai pas avoir de probleme. pour obtenir les ID des item dans le sac il te faut laddon Dailienotes apres tu fait dans le chat /dn debug apres tu pass ta souris dessus lobject dans ton bag. il y a quelque onject qui marche pas. pour le id des chose collectable fait rom/getid.lua dans micromacro apres met ta souris sur lobject et regarde dans micromacro et tu va avoir le id. pour les npc et les quetes je ne sais pas comment)
for the NPC and the quest i dont know how Rock5 got it.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:23 pm

qcalex wrote:for the NPC and the quest i dont know how Rock5 got it.
For another project I'd already figured out how to extract the clients English language file. Then I just search for the value and use the associated text string in the TEXT() command.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

yun59

#5 Post by yun59 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:54 am

Thanks i know now that i'm doing something wrong with the egg script.
i'll try to figure out what i did wrong.