GM detection and banning chance reduction

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
gloover

Re: GM detection and banning chance reduction

#121 Post by gloover » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Since ver. 1.02 of micromacro the bot has a problem loading the wav file

Code: Select all

[WARN]: ...scripts/rom/userfunctions/userfunction_gmmonitor.lua:16
Failed to load sound file 'alarm.wav'
have the file in rom/userfunctions directory (same directory like userfunction_gmmonitor.lua). Anyone the same problem?

Administrator
Site Admin

#122 Post by Administrator » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Have you tried installing OpenAL?

gloover

#123 Post by gloover » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Administrator wrote:Have you tried installing OpenAL?
Oh, thx admin, nice to know it. I thought its already implemented, because of OpenAL32.dll in main dir of micromacro.

Lisa, could you make an advice (link) in your first post!

OneofMany

#124 Post by OneofMany » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:46 am

yoyodoggg wrote:sorry lisa i thought that question was pretty clear =/

Atm i use the profile options and function and file from the frontpage etc.. i should be set.

i am getting spamed with

Cannot get log event for montior 'GMdetect'. No such monitor name exists.

What is this?? I have no idea, everything else in the previous post was a question .. =)
why sometimes my 2nd or 3rd bot will start spaming this on my rom client window?
sometimes it goes away, sometimes it goes on for awhile

script seems to work fine, but sometimes it Spams rom client with
Cannot get log event for montior 'GMdetect'. No such monitor name exists.

i dont know what this is or how to fix, halp.

Since today i noticed the same spamming going on... is it a wrong setting? i got a logfile, and that logfile says:

Time: 10/19/11 18:08:51 Char name: Newbie Pet Message: Congratulations! You are now |offff5c5clevel 6|r. Don't forget to open your newbie package and raise your skill levels! The following monsters are suitable targets for your level:

|offffff00Whistle Lake Oil Frog|r

|offffff00Whistle Lake Crab|r
Char details: Search failed, target does not exist or is offline.
Its not about cheating. Its about being smarter than the game...

lisa

#125 Post by lisa » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:12 pm

I'll do some testing with multi clients, it was never an issue for me previously.

As for the newbie pet, lol I forgot it whispers you when you level, I can add in a check for it's name and then ignore it.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

lisa

#126 Post by lisa » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:23 pm

Just had 3 clients running and whispering each other like mad, I didn't get that error
OneofMany wrote:Cannot get log event for montior 'GMdetect'. No such monitor name exists.
Maybe just make sure you have the latest version of the userfunction and of course bot and ingamefunctions is also up to date.

I added in check for newbie pet name, ill test it now ona new char so it can lvl and make sure it works properly before uploading it.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#127 Post by lisa » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:38 pm

V 2.2 added to first post, checks for newbie pet name and ignores any whispers from it.

FireWire

#128 Post by FireWire » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:39 am

Okay so I need some help from 1 of my fav 3 ppl here :-p I've been using the gm detect for a while now, it logs out when gm nearby and does all it's supposed to do... except that darn sound file I am getting the same error that it cant find the file, I have it in the userfunctions folder, i've copy/pasted it in every other folder that has to do with rom lmao still nothing. Just installed openAL restarted my whole computer... same error. :(

Now I was wondering if I cant get this to work right is there a way to use the beep from rocks catchcavy script? Because I just got that working and that beep scared the hell outta me lol.

rock5

#129 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:13 am

I noticed today, when the bot is pausing for those 300s, the bot can't be paused or stop, just resumed by pressing the resume key. I had a look at the code and it looks like there are no yields anywhere in the whole loop. Might be an idea to put one in there even if it's a small one like 'yrest(1)'. Hm... just tested it. If there is a yrest it continues with the bot while still printing that message every 10s. Maybe check for the pause script and end script key as well?

And while making requests, can we have an option to make a sound when whispered. So the bot stops, makes a sound, and if I'm nearby I can answer the whisper, then continue the bot.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Administrator
Site Admin

#130 Post by Administrator » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:10 am

FireWire wrote:Okay so I need some help from 1 of my fav 3 ppl here :-p I've been using the gm detect for a while now, it logs out when gm nearby and does all it's supposed to do... except that darn sound file I am getting the same error that it cant find the file, I have it in the userfunctions folder, i've copy/pasted it in every other folder that has to do with rom lmao still nothing. Just installed openAL restarted my whole computer... same error. :(

Now I was wondering if I cant get this to work right is there a way to use the beep from rocks catchcavy script? Because I just got that working and that beep scared the hell outta me lol.
Make sure you fully updated your copy of MicroMacro. You need to update all files, not just micromacro.exe. You are probably missing some of the DLLs required for sound.

lisa

#131 Post by lisa » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:24 am

rock5 wrote:I noticed today, when the bot is pausing for those 300s, the bot can't be paused or stop, just resumed by pressing the resume key. I had a look at the code and it looks like there are no yields anywhere in the whole loop. Might be an idea to put one in there even if it's a small one like 'yrest(1)'. Hm... just tested it. If there is a yrest it continues with the bot while still printing that message every 10s. Maybe check for the pause script and end script key as well?

And while making requests, can we have an option to make a sound when whispered. So the bot stops, makes a sound, and if I'm nearby I can answer the whisper, then continue the bot.
pressing delete just exits the loop before time is up, once out of the loop controls are as per usual. So hit del and then hit end to pause mm.
I didn't see a need to pause MM while in the loop as the timer would still continue to tick down without the prints to MM, since it compares current time to time when loop started.

Yeah I have been thinking of sound, I was tempted to use the ingame function to run a mp3 file inside the game but I still couldn't decide which way to go. Since people have issues getting the sound to work with MM.
Trouble with playing sound in game is you need a static address, so would probably just add a mp3 file to the ingamefunctions folder or maybe just the interface/addons folder.

rock5

#132 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:29 am

You're already using sound. Just use it when pausing too. I just copied the code to play the sound, into the beginning of the wait loop and it works fine.

I don't know about in game sound. I always have sound disabled in the game.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#133 Post by lisa » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:49 am

rock5 wrote:I always have sound disabled in the game.
All sound?
I turn off the music and ambient sounds but I have the other sounds going so I can hear if I get attacked while bot is paused and I'm playing with some code, saved me from dieing sooooo many times lol
I don't think playing an mp3 goes by music volume, not sure it is affected by any of the volume controls. I'll have to test it.

I should probably test playing the alarm sound file aswell. I don't remember hearing it the other day when I got whispered.

rock5

#134 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:51 am

Yeh, all sound. I often do things like watch a movie download and don't want to here the bot going in the background. Also I just like quiet. Seeing as I don't need sound to play, I don't even have sound when playing manually.

lisa

#135 Post by lisa » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:25 pm

The in game function for playing sound uses interface as it's volume control.

I might look at doing a folder of blank sounds. That way you could have ingame sound play as an "alarm" and not hear any of the usual little noises like selling items, or looting.

lisa

#136 Post by lisa » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:46 pm

I thought I'd test a simpler solution lol

master volume at 20, interface at 100. Just to give an idea of volume setting.

I made a folder called music.
runes of magic/music
and while in game type

/script PlaySoundByPath("music/alarm.wav")
I can barely hear the interface but alarm comes through nice and load.
Obviously this would only be ok for people who don't like in game sounds.
Attachments
alarm high volume.zip
same sound as in userfunctions but with increased volume.
(9.05 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

rock5

#137 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:25 pm

It's not enough that you can hear it clearly and barely hear the interface. It needs to be properly loud so that if I'm doing something else that makes noise like watching tv or playing another game, it doesn't get drowned out.

lisa

#138 Post by lisa » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:33 pm

At master 20 and interface 100 you should hear it, if not then alter it to 40/100 lol

Issue is everyone has different needs for volume and it will change depending on what you are doing at the time. Whole reason changing volume was invented 100 years ago lol

one person likes interface volume so they can hear clicks and such, next person doesn't want to hear them at all.
Most people will agree to wanting a sound for different things though (alarm).
So how to create an audible sound that can keep everyone happy?

rock5

#139 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:53 pm

I like the idea you had in the other post. Change the volume loud, play the sound, then return it to it's original settings.

lisa

#140 Post by lisa » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:24 am

It was simple enough to do, just need to add in a wait before returning volume to the previous volume. Looks like this

function playsound()
	local interfacevolume = InterfaceSFXVolumeSlider_GetValue()
	local mastervolume = MasterVolumeSlider_GetValue() 
	if mastervolume > 90 and 100 >= mastervolume then
		InterfaceSFXVolumeSlider_SetValue(30)
	end
	if mastervolume > 80 and 90 >= mastervolume then
		InterfaceSFXVolumeSlider_SetValue(35)
	end
	if mastervolume > 70 and 80 >= mastervolume then
		InterfaceSFXVolumeSlider_SetValue(40)
	end
	if mastervolume > 60 and 70 >= mastervolume then
		InterfaceSFXVolumeSlider_SetValue(50)
	end
	if mastervolume > 50 and 60 >= mastervolume then
		InterfaceSFXVolumeSlider_SetValue(60)
	end
	if mastervolume > 40 and 50 >= mastervolume then
		InterfaceSFXVolumeSlider_SetValue(70)
	end
	if mastervolume > 30 and 40 >= mastervolume then
		InterfaceSFXVolumeSlider_SetValue(80)
	end
	if mastervolume > 20 and 30 >= mastervolume then
		InterfaceSFXVolumeSlider_SetValue(90)
	end
	if 20 >= mastervolume then
		MasterVolumeSlider_SetValue(20)
		InterfaceSFXVolumeSlider_SetValue(100)
	end
	PlaySoundByPath("Interface/AddOns/declineInvite/Sound/alarm.wav")
	InterfaceSFXVolumeSlider_SetValue(interfacevolume)
	MasterVolumeSlider_SetValue(mastervolume)
end

Not complicated at all, could do it from within bot easy enough I guess, just need to add in RoMScript for the functions and then can use a yrest(2000) before changing volume back.