Noobbotter's World Traveler Userfunction

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
lolita

Re: Noobbotter's World Traveler Userfunction

#61 Post by lolita » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:11 pm

well i couldn't get zone name from game, so i asumed it is ZONE_Z24_MERDHIN_TUNDRA, cose that's ingame name for zone.
Anyway, i fixed that and tested. i changed file in post above,
so 4 ppl who already downladed, redownolad it :D
noobbotter wrote:Lolita, thank you for helping out with this userfunction.
no problem noobboter
you can add to silverspring node, if you going to to dalanis or above (sjf, njf, tg)
option to check if teleport to rorazan is available, it's shoreter way varanas => rorazan=>dalanis, if not then
varanas=>obsidian=>MercSquere=>dalanisenvoy=>dalanis snoop
Life is a journey, not destination :D

Cindy

#62 Post by Cindy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:10 pm

I tried in a command line window takemeto("Rorazan");

Nothing happened.... should have this worked in a command line window?

noobbotter

#63 Post by noobbotter » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:26 am

yes, that should have worked. Did you download the latest version? I'll update the first post of this topic with the latest version to ensure people get the latest.

raider4ever

#64 Post by raider4ever » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm

I beilive this no longer works with the new version of Micromacro because before i updated it worked after i updated i get this error in micromacro
Attachments
Untitled.png

rock5

#65 Post by rock5 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:50 am

string.gfind is one of the functions that is no longer supported by lua 5.2, which is what MM 1.03 uses now.

string.gfind just needs to be replaced by string.gmatch.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

dr-nuker

#66 Post by dr-nuker » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:36 pm

Lately i have problems when porting a lot with the bot.

So i had that already at christmas event when porting to dalanis, now it happens when going to ancient kingdom.

The bot uses all snoops and reaches the corrct zone, but says teleport failed then mm hangs up and can not restart since it can not resolve the character.
I can still manually play the char but mm does not find him. Reloging does not help, reloadUI() also no help. Only thing i can do is restart the rom-client and rerun my waypoint file.

Any idea? is it because i load many zones before?
I do:
Chickens, gobos, get honor certificates, do both malatinas, do ancient trasure and sometimes some more porting to get some shells out of my pockets or stuff sold.
After this i port from sascilia to varanas, to ancient kingdom...

I already added reloadUI() some times and also reload of profile but nothing helps...

br

Cindy

#67 Post by Cindy » Wed May 29, 2013 7:05 am

"Example 2: If you want to go from Class Hall in Varanas to Tergothen Bay, you would use takemeto("TergothenBay"); and the bot would take Class Hall -> Varanas Gates -> walk to Snoop at Varanas -> Obsidian Stronghold Snoop -> walk to Battle Square NPC -> Mercenary Square -> walk to Dalanis Envoy -> Dalanis -> walk to Dalanis Snoop -> Southern Janost -> Northern Janost -> Limo Desert -> Land of Malevolence -> Tergothen Bay. "

Wouldn't it be easier to replace

Code: Select all

walk to Snoop at Varanas -> Obsidian Stronghold Snoop -> walk to Battle Square NPC -> Mercenary Square -> walk to Dalanis Envoy -> Dalanis -> walk to Dalanis Snoop
with

walk to Snoop at Varanas -> Rorazan -> Dalanis Snoop
?

takemeto("Dalanis") does not actually appear to take you to Dalanis snoop, but rather to the Housemaids, this is messing with the current event script. This code actually goes to Rorazan, then back to Varanas to get to Dalanis, very odd. (Seems the original version was using plain old snoop)

<!-- #  1 --><waypoint x="2297" z="1153" y="0">	
       --	player:target_NPC("Snoop the Stubborn");
       takemeto("Rorazan")
	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  2 --><waypoint x="-20732" z="-22756" y="565">
  		 -- player:target_NPC("Snoop the Stubborn");
        takemeto("Dalanis")
	</waypoint>

Ego95

#68 Post by Ego95 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:47 pm

The basics of this userfunction were scripted when there wasn't a teleport between varanas and rorazan and between rorazan and dalanis. This was implented later. Since the user that made this userfunction doesn't work on it anymore it is not really up to date. But yes, like you said, the second option would be easier.

AlterEgo95

kenzu38

#69 Post by kenzu38 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:23 am

Hey noobbotter, if you ever get back into this forum, hope you can update this userfunction, plenty of changes were made with the new patch.

rock5

#70 Post by rock5 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:03 am

I've been looking into getting indicators from memory for if you have activated a teleporter or not so it could find the correct path depending on which teleports have been activated.

I found an area where they are stored as bits starting at 0x9DFCFC (client 5.0.10) but I can't, for the life of me, find a connection between the location and the corresponding bit. I could go around finding individual bits for every location and adding them all to a table but it would be too much work. But really all we really need is to know if certain nodes are active or not, eg. Varanas, Heffner, Rorazan, Obsidian Stronghold. Can you guys think of any more nodes?

These are the ones I have been able to get by starting a new character.
  • Varanas Address 0x9DFCFC bit 3
    Heffner Address 0x9DFEC6 bit 5
    Obsidian Stronghold 0x9DFCFC bit 6
I'm not able to do Rorazan at the moment. Maybe someone could help me get that pointer. It's really easy. Install this userfunction file. When you get to the new portal you have never clicked before, stop before you click it. Start the commandline. Type

readPorts()
That will read the part memory we are interested in. Then open a dialog with the teleporter. Then type the following in MM

comparePorts()
That will compare the memory with the previously saved memory and find the difference and print it out. It will look something like this

Base address is 0x9DFCFC
	Address: 0x9DFD0B, Bit: 4
Copy it and paste it here and I'll add it to my list.

Thanks.
Attachments
userfunction_ports.lua
(738 Bytes) Downloaded 139 times
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

kenzu38

#71 Post by kenzu38 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:26 am

rock5 wrote:Can you guys think of any more nodes?
Hmm. Dalanis?

Anyway, I'll see what I can do a bit later when I'm done with my daily quests. I'll do Dalanis if it's also a node and then Rorazan.

Wouldn't be too much work if I use trasport portals.

lisa

#72 Post by lisa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:56 am

kenzu38 wrote:Anyway, I'll see what I can do a bit later when I'm done with my daily quests. I'll do Dalanis if it's also a node and then Rorazan.
I'd say the address changed after patch.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#73 Post by rock5 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:49 am

lisa wrote:I'd say the address changed after patch.
That's ok. I made it an offset of an existing address so, assuming it updates correctly, it should still work.

BTW, kenzu38, Lisa ported me to Rorazan so as soon as I check the bot and addresses are ok, I'll be able to get the port pointer myself.

rock5

#74 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:46 am

I just want to be sure about something, if someone can confirm it for me please.

Varanas and Obsidian now links to all snoops on the continent. Same with Dalanis, it has links to all snoops on that continent.

The question is, that just changed in patch 6.0.0, right? Although I seem to remember Heffner doing this before 6.0.0.

kenzu38

#75 Post by kenzu38 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:24 am

rock5 wrote:I just want to be sure about something, if someone can confirm it for me please.

Varanas and Obsidian now links to all snoops on the continent. Same with Dalanis, it has links to all snoops on that continent.

The question is, that just changed in patch 6.0.0, right? Although I seem to remember Heffner doing this before 6.0.0.
Yep, it only changed with patch 6.0.0. There's already Varanas to Rorazan though before this patch.

rock5

#76 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:46 am

kenzu38 wrote:There's already Varanas to Rorazan though before this patch.
That's good to know because in the changes I'm planning I intend to have support for 6.0.0 and pre 6.0.0 for people still using old clients.

Were there any other links missing for pre 6.0.0 that you know?

kenzu38

#77 Post by kenzu38 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Hmm... Let's see, Dalanis -> Rorazan, Rorazan -> Dalanis were already available pre-6.0.0.

rock5

#78 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:50 pm

kenzu38 wrote:Hmm... Let's see, Dalanis -> Rorazan, Rorazan -> Dalanis were already available pre-6.0.0.
Thanks.

Looks like they are already in the table.

rock5

#79 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:51 pm

I just noticed that rom4u, which are still using 5.0.10, have also updated the snoops. So I think I wont bother with the backward compatibility.

rock5

#80 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:09 pm

BTW can anyone get the id and coordinates for the npc in Syrbal Pass?

Oh and check what name it is called in the Tundra npc dialog. Is it called "Syrbal Pass" or something else?