[Experimental] New RoM Bot updater tool

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Administrator
Site Admin

[Experimental] New RoM Bot updater tool

#1 Post by Administrator » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:40 pm

In order to simplify the update process for you guys, I've whipped together a new tool. This is considered experimental, so you've been warned. Always backup your files first!

How to use it:
Download the attachment. Extract it and copy rombot_updater.exe into your RoM bot folder.
Screenshot 2021-07-23 171750.jpg
Simply double-clicking rombot_updater.exe will download and install the absolute latest version of the scripts into the same folder; this may include non-release versions, and this will overwrite any changes to the files you've made.

Advanced options:

Code: Select all

rombot_updater.exe check
Prints out a list of recent release tags. You can use one of these tags to install any version you would like!

rombot_updater.exe update
Without a tag, this will grab the very latest version of the scripts and is the exact same as if you had double-clicked the file.

rombot_updater.exe update {tag}
Calling update and specifying a tag will let you install that version. For example, if you use rombot_updater.exe update 7.4.0.2940, it will install the version of the RoM bot scripts compatible with the game version at 7.4.0.2940.
Keep in mind that this requires there to be a release version of the RoM bot files created for that version, so refer to the release page if you're unsure if your version is supported.

Additionally, you may use the tag latest, but it functions exactly the same as not specifying any tag at all (see above).

advanced.png

Download:
rombot_updater.zip
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 468 times

Alcorne

Re: [Experimental] New RoM Bot updater tool

#2 Post by Alcorne » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:25 am

This fixed all my problems and the bot runs now. The only problem I have is when I try to run a scout character I get the error:

2021-09-14 11:18:39 - ERROR: 'MAGE_ELEMENTAL_CATALYST' is not defined in the database!

I get the message even when I have no mage class on the character. When I check the skills file it list
"<skill name="MAGE_ELEMENTAL_CATALYSIS" . If I change CATALYSIS to CATALYST it does not fix the problem. It may happen on other classes as well but I have only seen it when running a scout

Any help appreciated.

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:54 pm

That's definitely an odd issue. I think that may be caused by some other non-standard scripts you may have installed.

I did a search for the string "MAGE_ELEMENTAL_CATALYST" against my files and turned up no results. I would recommend you do the same.

You can use tools like Notepad++ or Atom to search a directory for a string like that ("Find in all files"). If you're familiar with working off the command-line (ie. you know what you're doing) you could try grep (assuming you've got the Linux subsystem installed on your machine):

grep -rni "MAGE_ELEMENTAL_CATALYST" *
Or going the purely Windows route, findstr can accomplish about the same thing:

findstr /s MAGE_ELEMENTAL_CATALYST .\*

Alcorne

#4 Post by Alcorne » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:10 am

Exactly. I did run that search and got the same results as you (it didn't find Catalyst). The bot files says "Catalysis" and the skill name is "Catalyst". But just for fun I removed everything (profiles, waypoints, etc.) except the standard bot files after running the updater. I get the same results.

Check under the /database/skills file and find that skill, you will see what I'm talking about. Its near the top so won't take long. If I change it it just goes back to "Catalysis"

Alcorne

#5 Post by Alcorne » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:43 pm

I fixed it by just commenting out the skill in the userdefault profile