Valheim static addresses?

For any other game that doesn't have its own section.
ZZZZZ

Valheim static addresses?

#1 Post by ZZZZZ » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:26 am

Does anyone here play Valheim (recently released, very popular game) and know how to retrieve static addresses? I have found plenty of addresses (skills, items, HP etc) and adjust values but stuffed if I know how to find the static address for them lol.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Valheim static addresses?

#2 Post by Administrator » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:36 pm

Are you using Cheat Engine? The easiest solution would be to just use CE's pointer scan. Including a few links to examples on how to use it, though to be honest I'm not super thrilled with either of them.

https://youtu.be/Yt-sF09H3zs?t=180

You can do this kind of thing manually by using the debugger to trace the assembly code, but trust me in that it is very time consuming, plus you absolutely need to know what you're doing -- that means having a great understanding of assembly, know exactly how binaries and libraries work under the given kernel, and are already an expert programmer. Any modern computer should be able to make use of CE's pointer scan to brute force the results fairly quickly.

There are some odd exceptions (like the memory database stuff in Runes of Magic) where there isn't ever going to be a real static pointer to a specific object. That is, there would be some object in memory (which you could get a static pointer to) which then contains data that is loaded into dynamic locations (for example, a hash map). CE's pointer scan can not help much in this situation and would require a bunch of time investigating the game's code to understand how it works.

ZZZZZ

#3 Post by ZZZZZ » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:53 pm

That video was very helpful, thank you!
I was previously trying to find them by stepping back through the pointer offsets and kept falling short after 1 or 2 steps; Now I have the static pointer for the currently equipped arrows :)
Time to spend my entire Sunday generating pointer maps I guess lmao

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:07 pm

Please post what you come up with! I'd be interested to see if you come up with some unique stuff.