Lots of questions

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
laughmaster

Lots of questions

#1 Post by laughmaster » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:14 am

OK this does not have anything to do with botting or anything like that....for the most part I think. My wife and I have been playing ROM for a bit over a year I think but since the only guild we are in is our own guild with the two of us, we do not really know anyone in the game. (The reason we are not in another guild is we do not like what a lot of guilds expect such as you have to be on so much every week and need to be around for siege and whatever. We are just a lot more easy going then a lot of people we have talked to. So we greated our own guild that sooner or latter we will invite lie minded people into. Plus now we have a guild vault for more storage. Oh and even with just the 2 of us we are lvl 11. :) ) So we have lots of questions and I always seem to have problems logging into the rom forums and this place seems friendlier to me. I will just list what comes to my mind at the moment.

Tiering your gear- You need 3 tier stones of the same lvl to raise the tier of your item right? And at what lvl should you work at tiering your gear. I am assuming it would not help much to make a tier 10 item when your character is lvl 10 or whatever.

Pets gathering- I have not even been able to get a straight answer on this while in the game.....Pets gathering lvl is capped at lvl 61 right? Such as my pet is lvl 61 in herb gathering...there is nothing I can do to raise that right?

Ghetto chat- I just recently learned about ghetto chat or the "/join world" for people like me that do not have any megas or the diamonds to just keep on buying them. Is there other common chat channels that people use?

Any other tips you would give a newbie? I did not even know about that NPC you could buy 3 diamonds a day from until about 2 months before they removed him. Boy did that piss me off!

I recently read about creating a daily bot. Well not really a bot but to create a new character and get home to lvl 10 so he can do dailes and save up the tokens for tings like fusion stones and so forth. I was wondering if any of you have done this and what is the quicks daily at that lvl to do. Also what if there is a bot for this that someone might be able to point me to.

Oh and one more question at the moment about addons. I am talking about the addons at curseforge or whatever it is called. What are the addons you just could not live without? I have a few but want to know if I am missing out on anything. The most recent one I downloaded was wowmaps. But oddly enough my maps see to look the same.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Please forget anything that somehow did not make any sense.......I am beyond tired. So off to bed I go.

rock5

Re: Lots of questions

#2 Post by rock5 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:52 am

laughmaster wrote:You need 3 tier stones of the same lvl to raise the tier of your item right?
I haven't done it in a while but you need 3 Mana Stones of the same level to increase the Tier of a piece of equipment snd you make Mana Stones by merging Fusion Stones with disposable equipment. Merging 3 Mana Stones makes 1 Mana stone of a higher tier level. Hope that helps but you really need to do some reading to learn all the aspects of it especially what happens with stats if you are interested in keeping some of the stats.
laughmaster wrote:And at what lvl should you work at tiering your gear. I am assuming it would not help much to make a tier 10 item when your character is lvl 10 or whatever.
It would depend on personal preferences and how much you have to spend but, no, you would not normally start stating or tiering items at level 10. The main reason you stat or tier equipment is when leveling really slows down and mobs become too difficult to kill with currently available equipment at your level. At level 10 everything should still be easy. What I would do, if it's my first character, is to stick with drops and quest rewards, with the occasional AH purchase (I usually like to buy weapons as good weapons are hard to come buy), up to about level 20/20. At that level you can get to Heffner where the experience per quest is much higher. Of course if you know anyone in game that can teleport you to Heffner earlier then that would be even better. If you do all the quests in this zone you will end up with a lot of blue item quest rewards which should be adequate until higher levels. At higher levels, (50, 55, 60, 65), there are even NPCs that give free full sets of gear with weapons. http://board.eu.runesofmagic.com/board4 ... ost3816148.

If I have an existing high level character on the server I might make some stated gear for new characters I'm playing, eg. I might make get a clean low level non-bound belt and load it with spare high level stats. Then I can pass it around to whatever new character I play and it will make a huge difference in survivability. I might make 2 or 3 such pieces of armor.

I have to say though, if you have been playing for a year and are still at level 10, then you should forget about planning ahead because it will take you years and years before you get to a level where you would need stated and tiered equipment. :shock:
laughmaster wrote:I recently read about creating a daily bot. Well not really a bot but to create a new character and get home to lvl 10 so he can do dailes and save up the tokens for tings like fusion stones and so forth. I was wondering if any of you have done this and what is the quicks daily at that lvl to do. Also what if there is a bot for this that someone might be able to point me to.
I haven't done them for a while but the '1-10Pioneers' or '1-10PioneersQuests' waypoint files will get a new character to level 10 in about 1 to 2 hours. After that, just remember that this is a quest based game so you need to do quests at about your level to level up. Just killing stuff wont work.
laughmaster wrote:What are the addons you just could not live without?
Here are some of what I consider the more important ones and ones I actually use. I haven't played for a while so I don't know if they still work or if there aren't better options.

d303Fix - VITAL!. Restores os.time functions needed for some addons and some bot functions.
AddonManager - One interface to access most of your addons.
AdvancedAuctionHouse - Adds more search control.
AdvancedMagicBox - shows 10 magicbox slots instead of 5.
AdvQuestBook - Shows the location of quest goals and npcs.
AutoTrade - Quickly trade an item to an alt.
DailyNotes - Interface to auto accept/complete quests and useful for finding which daily to do.
Fusion - Automate fusing.
Lootomatic - Loot filter. Auto loot what you want or loot all and drop what you don't want.
pbinfo - Lots of UI improvements. Too many to list but mainly tooltip improvements.
Streamline - A few useful tools such as auto open store and auto switch class, etc.
UltimateMailMod - For better mail functionality. I've posted a modified version on this site to work with my bot mailing userfunctions but it's been pointed out to me that my userfunction works with official version too, now.
wowmap - Allows you to right click to view larger map and navigation icons on the map to change zones and view instances.
zBag - show your whole bag in one interface.

Can't really comment on anything else.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kenzu38

Re: Lots of questions

#3 Post by kenzu38 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:19 am

laughmaster wrote:Tiering your gear- You need 3 tier stones of the same lvl to raise the tier of your item right? And at what lvl should you work at tiering your gear. I am assuming it would not help much to make a tier 10 item when your character is lvl 10 or whatever.

First of all, yes, you will need 3 manastones of the same tier for that.

Regarding what level to start pimping out your gear, I think it depends directly on what content you like to run. If you like to run instances like Dungeon of Dalanis at level 55, then it's necessary to stat your armor and tier your weapon at level 55. Otherwise, you won't survive DoD even in Easy mode.

But if you are just planning to quest until you reach the level cap, then I think you'll only have to start pimping out when you start having a hard time killing the normal mobs in the area you're questing.

Anyway, IMO, what's important is to tier your weapon, not the armors. You can still do well with complete set of t5 armors, what's more important are the stats you put into them.

For weapons, tiering will be more important especially if you are a caster.
laughmaster wrote:Ghetto chat- I just recently learned about ghetto chat or the "/join world" for people like me that do not have any megas or the diamonds to just keep on buying them. Is there other common chat channels that people use?
The trade channels on my server are pretty populated and people chat there too, not just look for items so you can try /join trade and /join Trade. Case-sensitive so the two are different channels.