Spring Event

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
dr-nuker

Spring Event

#1 Post by dr-nuker » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:01 am

Hello Folks!

So now the event is actually running a while i made a WP for it.
It's not flawless and still needs a lot of tuning but well. Here it goes!

Maybe some words before you use it:

You need flyhack, teleport hack and noobbotter's worldtraverler function.
I dont remeber the topics, but as you are all more professional botters than i am, i think you have these essential functions anyway.

So please watch out: the waypoint is not very good configured, so the bot teleports more often than necessary to Logar. It also uses a waterproof mount if you dont have one shift the mount at the lake of myst back by one or two waypoints.

The waypoint will let you fly and teleport in public! I have not found any other way than this to earn things from the tree in logar!

Also a problem sometimes occures: The bot sometimes crashes at tortoise defense game. I would really love to receiver some help with that!

So any help is welcome and I hope you enjoy the waypoint!

Br,
nuker
Attachments
event_spring.xml
(28.24 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

vernberg

Re: Spring Event

#2 Post by vernberg » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:38 am

at what location does it start ? and what spring event is includen in it ?

dr-nuker

#3 Post by dr-nuker » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:51 pm

vernberg wrote:at what location does it start ? and what spring event is includen in it ?
start's at logar house and it will do:

Go to varans and follow deedee.
Then go and get flower petals,
run around and get an egg painted.
After this it will try the turtoise thing.
it moves to logar to collect eggs from mines if needed
It will also climb the tree and gather leaves.
It goes to silverspring and catches rabbits
moves to dalanis and brings rabbits home
then it goes and talks to egg delivering rabbits

ah and it will try this chicken event.

So basically that's all events but the ones that are time related...

vernberg

#4 Post by vernberg » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:18 am

okej . well after he teleport from logar to varanas and is on its way to danny its fails and - [string "...]:2: attempt to index global ' _WPL' <a nil value>

also been trying to re start it at varanas and it doesnt take quests its just talkes to them then run away and starts killing cow beetle and boars around varans or gets stuck in bridge

attackspeedzero

#5 Post by attackspeedzero » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:28 pm

vernberg wrote:okej . well after he teleport from logar to varanas and is on its way to danny its fails and - [string "...]:2: attempt to index global ' _WPL' <a nil value>

also been trying to re start it at varanas and it doesnt take quests its just talkes to them then run away and starts killing cow beetle and boars around varans or gets stuck in bridge
Should be __WPL (two underscores), looks like a simple typo.

Setting waypoint type to TRAVEL will take care of fighting random crap. You can also set something like this

Code: Select all

settings.profile.mobs = { "fake mob" }
and it won't fight anything. Add mobs that need to be fought to the table as necessary.

dr-nuker

#6 Post by dr-nuker » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:49 pm

in fact:

It is always a bit difficult to start a file at a random-like point. It will never have all the preconditions set like "TRAVEL" in this case. So if it break i'd recommend everyone to look the WP up, tag it and put a findindex for that tag in the onload-container. This will let the bot continue from an important point...

It is also to mention that the bot might braek up between two waypoints and when you restart it it is closeser to a waypoint from a different route. So in your case i'd say the bot stopped somewhere on the way to deedee and when you restart it it catches a WP as startpoint that is actually on the route from deedee to handing the quest in. So you literally missed the whole deedee-stuff.

And once again:
This is not a perfect waypoint! It is just what i wrote up for this event: Any help is welcome. Refine the waypoint and share it here :)

vernberg

#7 Post by vernberg » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:58 pm

well i have checked the __WPL in the scripts and it was 1 that was off. no the thing was with the re start of bot was were it ended. at varanas snoop right after porting from logar there it stoped so i restarted it and it went in to varans or stuck in varans bridge or killing boars or beetles :P

well im not good at making scripts just testing and telling whats happening :P

attackspeedzero

#8 Post by attackspeedzero » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Try this: replace

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><waypoints>
with

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><waypoints type="TRAVEL"> 
I'm pretty sure this defaults every waypoint to TRAVEL, no matter where you start in the file. This does mean, though, that if there are times that you're supposed to fight, you'll need to either use player:fight() or dictate those waypoints as type="NORMAL"

Don't stress, it's easy to make typos and overlook things, my work usually takes many revisions to be up to par... And I'd rather post code for you to fix and update the OP than have scattered waypoint files throughout a thread. I usually only rewrite/repost wp files when the original is months or years old and abandoned. Keep up the good work!

I know nothing about this spring event, but I could look at xml and lua files all day long :)

dr-nuker

#9 Post by dr-nuker » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:24 pm

vernberg wrote:no the thing was with the re start of bot was were it ended. at varanas snoop right after porting from logar there it stoped so i restarted it and it went in to varans or stuck in varans bridge or killing boars or beetles :P
Just to say it once more :)

The waypoints do overlap. So there are some marked at the snoop. Once when you teleport to logar, once when back, also once from and to silverfall and even to dalanis. As these points are actually all in the nearly same spot (one might say that's dirty but i like it that way :)) the bot picks the one that is closest. This might be the WP that is for a later or earlyer way to run along but the bot does not know where it broke down so that it tries to be smart and picks the closest but not correct point.