Adding support for dwarfs and new classes

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Adding support for dwarfs and new classes

#1 Post by rock5 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:39 pm

Been tinkering today leveling up a warlock and champion so that I can add support for them in the bot.

I think I got all the basics set up but I'm not big on thorough testing of new classes so I'd like some feedback from some any of you more intense players on some of the conclusions I've come to.

First problem was whether to make Champions default to melee or ranged. In the end I settled for melee. Heres my reasoning. Champions have a few ranged attacks but they nearly all need rage, I think only 1 doesn't Rune Pulse, 2 if you include Rune Draw. Rune Pulse has a 6s cooldown and Rune Draw just pulls the mob to you which is cool. So even if you start a fight with some rage, after using few ranged attacks, you could end up with Rune Pulse on cooldown and waiting for rage to generate, which I don't know if it can at a distance. Therefore I think it's best to leave Champions as melee and use COMBAT_RANGED_PULL option to start fight from distance if you want to.

Next is the sequence of skills to add to the default profile. I'm just adding the skills available at level 10. This is what I'm thinking for Champions.

Code: Select all

<skill name="CHAMPION_FORGE" 		  		hotkey="MACRO" priority="110" />
		<skill name="CHAMPION_RUNE_PULSE"   		hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" pullonly="true" />
		<skill name="CHAMPION_RUNE_DRAW" 	  		hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" pullonly="true" />
		<skill name="CHAMPION_ELECTROCUTION"   		hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" />
		<skill name="CHAMPION_ENERGY_INFLUX_STRIKE" hotkey="MACRO" priority="70" />
		<skill name="CHAMPION_HEAVY_BASH"   		hotkey="MACRO" priority="60" />
Only problem is it tends to skip Energy Influx Strike because it needs more rage than Heavy Bash. Otherwise works good. LoL, that's actually all the skills available at level 10.

Warlock is a bit easier.

Code: Select all

<skill name="WARLOCK_PERCEPTION_EXTRACTION"   	hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" />
		<skill name="WARLOCK_WARP_CHARGE"   			hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" />
		<skill name="WARLOCK_PSYCHIC_ARROWS"   			hotkey="MACRO" priority="70" />
I avoided Weakening Weave Curse because the description says it's am aoe skill. Don't want that in default profile.

I'm not sure what to do with the Willpower stuff. The one time I got it up to 6 points then used one of the options, I didn't see anything happen. The descriptions are not really clear either. I think I'll just leave them out until someone has completely figured it out and fully understands how to use it and explains it to us. It would probably need the bot to be able to get the psi level anyway.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Andy

Re: Adding support for dwarfs and new classes

#2 Post by Andy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:35 pm

But am I right that at that moment it won't work as database isn't updated?

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Andy wrote:But am I right that at that moment it won't work as database isn't updated?
At the moment, no. Not only hasn't the database been updated but the bot doesn't recognise the 2 new classes so you get an error message saying something like "unrecognised class". Anyway that's what I'm doing now. I just started this thread for a bit of feedback about if the above sounds right. I'll probably commit something tomorrow.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:53 pm

I updated RoM today and I'll play around with them and see what I can see for you.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:37 pm

not overly fond of the warlock resource system at this stage, only been killing with it for like 10 mins though. Build up resource to 6 so you can use a skill to increase damage, except as soon as you leave combat the resource goes down very quickly.
2 second cast time on skill that builds the resource, so basically if you kill a mob in less than 12 seconds you won't get the damage boost unless you constantly stay in agro. Buff then lasts for 15 seconds and you then need to build it up again.

Also they use a resource like rogue in order to be able to cast the spells, so if you stay constantly in combat you will run low on it and won't be able to cast spells anyway.

Early days though.

Can't teleport to heffner yet even though I have a few lvl 60's on the account, I guess you need to get to 20/20 on a dwarf first? who knows.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:33 pm

So I am guessing the new stuff isn't fully implemented yet?

lvl 12 warlock, can't go to any other maps, one instance and normal mobs until a boss which 1 shot me.

I think that's enough for me lol

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:53 pm

lisa wrote:not overly fond of the warlock resource system at this stage, only been killing with it for like 10 mins though. Build up resource to 6 so you can use a skill to increase damage, except as soon as you leave combat the resource goes down very quickly.
2 second cast time on skill that builds the resource, so basically if you kill a mob in less than 12 seconds you won't get the damage boost unless you constantly stay in agro. Buff then lasts for 15 seconds and you then need to build it up again.
With everything happening at once (trying to raise psi level, see what happens and before the mob dies on you), I found it hard to follow what was happening. Reading the descriptions it says you need a level of 6 to do the initial skill then 3 psi to use one of the other skills, but you only get a psi level of 6. Looks like it will be annoying to use. Maybe they will all but turf it like they did Nature Points. Otherwise at level 10 I prefered the warlock using the 3 skills listed above.
lisa wrote:Also they use a resource like rogue in order to be able to cast the spells, so if you stay constantly in combat you will run low on it and won't be able to cast spells anyway.
Similar to the Scout actually. They both use 'Focus', or 'Concentrations' in bot speak. Why did we ever call it Concentration? Actually with Perceprion Extraction up it hardly ever runs out. Same with champions, Forge seems to help get rage up and stay up.
lisa wrote:Can't teleport to heffner yet even though I have a few lvl 60's on the account, I guess you need to get to 20/20 on a dwarf first? who knows.
That's really annoying, especially as the only other way I can see to leave the zone is to get a second class to get the Logar and Reifort teleports. It doesn't make sense, it should be like starting in the elf zone. So maybe it's temporary, just to help players get engrosed in the new zone. Otherwise many players with create dwarfs and immediately teleport out, missing all the new content.

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:11 am

rock5 wrote:Otherwise many players with create dwarfs and immediately teleport out, missing all the new content.
Exactly what I was going to do, teleport to heffner, port char to KS via a lvl 70, then Honor party it up to 40/30, hit heffner and be 50/30 by the end of the day.

I saw someone who got second class and changed to be 1/1 but no idea where the class trainers were or housemaid. I was mainly trying to lvl and get out of the new map.

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:52 am

Yeah I got to level 13 before I ran out of quests and went to find the class npcs to get my second class. When I got my second class I decided to hang around a bit more to try the new class but I was naked and nowhere to get level 1 gear. Went to kill level 1 mobs anyway, naked and weaponless, to level 1 or 2 levels so I could buy gear from the vendor. Slowly leveled up, found a couple of missed quests, did some dailies and got it to level 10 or 11. So I was able to check out the skills to level 10 on each side. I forgot how long it takes to level on official servers. :(

The class npcs are in the middle of Morfantas City under the lava falls.
Class NPCs.jpg
The House maid is opposite near the Auction house.
House Maid.jpg

bruenor9

#10 Post by bruenor9 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Anyway to get the dwarf working for non combat waypoints? Like COT and At?

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:38 am

Sorry, I've been meaning to commit what I've done to fix this. I'll finish it up and commit as soon as possible.

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:46 am

Ok, support for the dwarf race and new classes added to rev 721. I also added the initial skills up to level 10. Please feel free to post post more skills to be added to the bot. Preferably you should add them to the skills database and test them in your profiles first. Then when it's working as expected, copy and paste the skills.xml entry here.

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:52 am

Soory I forgot to copy the new skills from my userdefault profile to the default profile.

Default profile is now updated in revision 722.

Beni

#14 Post by Beni » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:55 am

How can add CHAMPION_KINETIC_BURN

rock5

#15 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:59 am

Try to do it yourself. Open up 'skills.xml' in the 'database folder'. It is a AOE spell similar to Purgatory Flame so have a look at that skill to see how to add it. Purg doesn't have a cooldown so you will have to add that as well. The id of the skill is 498481. Once you've done that you can use it in your profile.

Let us know how you go.

Beni

#16 Post by Beni » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:05 am

<skill name="CHAMPION_KINETIC_BURN" id="498481" concentration="30" range="30" cooldown="60" type="damage" target="enemy" aoecenter="player"/>

<skill name="CHAMPION_KINETIC_BURN" hotkey="MACRO" priority="..." />

Beni

#17 Post by Beni » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:24 am

<skill name="CHAMPION_RUNE_GROWTH" hotkey="MACRO" priority="..." inbattle="true" hpper="..." />
<skill name="CHAMPION_DETERMINATION_RUNE" hotkey="MACRO" priority="..." inbattle="true" hpper="..." />

Beni

#18 Post by Beni » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:24 am

how can i put autobuff WARLOCK_MIND_RUNE and WARLOCK_SUBLIMATION_WAVE_CURSE ? I think i need id but idk how.

rock5

#19 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:46 am

You can get the skill id from www.runesdatabase.com. When you have found the skill the id will be in the address of the URL.

The buff, don't worry about it. Add it as the actual name of the buff and when you have it working right, we can change it to the id when we add it to the bot.

Beni

#20 Post by Beni » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:25 am

idk how to write in database...i need cooldown or...
<skill name="WARLOCK_MIND_RUNE" id="498665" type="buff" target="self" />
<skill name="WARLOCK_SUBLIMATION_WAVE_CURSE" id="498914" type="buff" target="self" />