PvP Server Problems. Seeking solutions

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Blyad

PvP Server Problems. Seeking solutions

#1 Post by Blyad » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:44 am

recently people have been attacking my bots at dogmeats, and dragging them off there waypoints and getting them stuck behind object such as stairs,

(then ironically using MY dogmeat waypoints to farm in the spot i was previously farming ^_^ )

another thing players are doing is using the warden pet nature crystal because it constantly attacks, but does no damage, and cannot receive damage to abuse the bots agro wait timer, and simply assign the pet to attack my bot, while there bot continues farming. the same can allso be used with normal pets. just white damage attack the bot until a players pet breaks the bots agro system.

i was wondering if anyone had a snippet that would completely ignore players and pets, and if not how can i ignore everything except the copper gardener and Inferno Gaurd Dogs?

i was thinking something like

Code: Select all

if player has target and target=player or target=pet then EndFight(); else end
obviously i didnt even attempt proper synthax but i think you know where im going with this.

allso im sure rock or lisa allready thought of this and theres probly a simple function that's been there for ages im overlooking. if so. please point me in the right direction so i can facepalm in embarassment as soon as possible.

and on a semi related matter, is there a way to check if rock's ultimate mailmod mailbox frame is open and visable? im attempting to have my dogmeat bot use the hidden portable mailbox function to mail off its dailies directly to my main. i was thinking it would be something like

RomScript("/run OpenMail();"); yrest300; if FramePresent("frame name here then UMM_SendByNameOrId("Blyadd",{"Guard Dog Meat"}) else loadPaths("blyads_dogmeat_mail.xml") end
in theory, this would use the ingame macro to pop your portable mailbox, and if it finds the mailframe, will mail the dailies, and if it fails it will load the waypoints to manually walk to the nearest mailbox (which is about a 15 minute walk away for the bot)

any help is appreciated ^_^

blyadd,

lisa

Re: PvP Server Problems. Seeking solutions

#2 Post by lisa » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:16 am

Blyad wrote:i was wondering if anyone had a snippet that would completely ignore players and pets, and if not how can i ignore everything except the copper gardener and Inferno Gaurd Dogs?
Add them to mobs.

If you have a profile that only does dogmeat then add it here in your profile.

<mobs>
		<!-- names of mobs we want to attack 				-->
		<!-- if no names defined we will attack all mobs	-->
		<mob name="" />
		<mob name="" />
		<mob name="" />
	</mobs>
If you have any names in that section the bot ONLY attack those names, can't recall if it defends itself from other mobs or not.

If it does defend itself then add in a check in onpreskillcast

Can't think of the arguments and such off hand but basically you would check for target name and compare it to the names you want and if neither of those names then return cleartarget and return false, might even be able to add the mob/pet/player to an ignore list if absolutely needed.

I don't think I would try to add extra things to the bot to deal with PVP issues as people will just come up with other ways and you will be constantly adding in new things to deal with them.

So try adding to profile mobs and see how that goes first.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:22 am

1. I know nothing about pvp so can't help you there.

2. Assuming that OpenMail() open the UMM frame and not the default mail fram then the code should look something like this.

RomScript("/run OpenMail();"); yrest300; 
if RoMScript("UMMFrame:IsVisible()") then
    UMM_SendByNameOrId("Blyadd",{"Guard Dog Meat"})
else
    loadPaths("blyads_dogmeat_mail.xml")
end
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Blyad

#4 Post by Blyad » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:36 am

adding ONLY the mob i want to kill to the profile doesnt help

adding players names to the friends list doesnt help.

bot automatically defends itself no matter what.

stupid idea: if i set my waypoints to Travel Mode to ignore combat all together, is there a code i could excute at each individual waypoint to engage the nearest Inferno Guard Dog and ONLY Inferno Guard Dogs ?

Skunk50

#5 Post by Skunk50 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:56 pm

The only way i could see this working is if there was a function to turn off how the bot auto defends itself otherwise he just finds a new character.

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:20 pm

How about trying this

function KillDogs()
	local function evalOnlyDogsAndGardeners(_address)
		if evalTargetDefault(_address) == false then
			return false
		end

local pawn = CPawn(_address)
		if pawn.Id ~= 105408 and pawn.Id ~= 105294 then -- dogs and gardeners
			return false
		end

return true
	end

local targets
	repeat
		targets = player:findEnemy(nil, nil, evalOnlyDogsAndGardeners)
		if targets then
			player:target(targets)
			player:update();
			if( player:haveTarget() ) then
				player:fight();
			end
		end
	until not targets
end
Put that into your onload section, make the waypoint file "TRAVEL" and put "KillDogs()" in the waypoints where you want it to kill dogs and gardeners. It should just kill dogs and gardeners and ignore everything else.

Warning: this is untested.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

MiesterMan

#7 Post by MiesterMan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:42 pm

I could have sworn there was a profile option to not attack other players. It might have actually been driven by an ingame function so it might have gone away as targeting evolved to memory scans. But I'm sure there's something to indicate the difference between an monster and a player.

If it doesn't exist though, can't help, sorry (also, I had a similar issue, they were moving ogest to akward places so my bots would die in places where I don't check for ogest, some people are truely bastards - kill the game some more why don't you?).

theginger

#8 Post by theginger » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:01 am

That works fantastically rock5, thanks