Botting on pvp server any tips? (=

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
silentdecay01

Botting on pvp server any tips? (=

#1 Post by silentdecay01 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:29 pm

I hope this is the right section to post this, But my character recently hit lvl 15 and I guesss thats when people can pk u now (correct me if wrong) and had few deaths prob due to players. So are there any major spots in the game I should avoid botting on a pvp server? and any tips on creating waypoints where not alot of people pass? (=

MiesterMan

Re: Botting on pvp server any tips? (=

#2 Post by MiesterMan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:02 am

silentdecay01 wrote:I hope this is the right section to post this, But my character recently hit lvl 15 and I guesss thats when people can pk u now (correct me if wrong) and had few deaths prob due to players. So are there any major spots in the game I should avoid botting on a pvp server? and any tips on creating waypoints where not alot of people pass? (=
The simple solution is to just reduce the number of allowed deaths, though in the end due to recent changes in PvP you highly unlikely to be worth killing. If they do kill you, they won't be able to do it repeatedly because you reduced the number of deaths allowed.

In the past, people only really pk'ed you to get your botted loot (i.e. stacks of dailies you've been farming) or to chase you away from their farm spot. It's become extremely unattractive to do that since you don't have a chance of dropping and they lose rep, risking going into drop range, for every time they kill you.

In the end though, I seriously doubt this is gonna be an issue for you. Pre-40ish it never was for me even when pking botters was profitable.

Blyad

Re: Botting on pvp server any tips? (=

#3 Post by Blyad » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:21 pm

ive been botting on the US PvP server grimdal for a couple years now. currently bots are only killed by other farmers who are sick of you hogging farming areas. i solve that by simply overgearing the characters for that zone.

for example im exclusively using Scout/Rogues for dogmeat farming bots as they can range pull with wind arrow and then spam ShadowStab at close range.

people are going to figure out it's a bot, before they choose to kill it, however if you reduce the number of deaths allowed while botting, people figure that out and camp the bot simply to kick it offline and resume farming.

i prefer to set the max deaths well into the 100's the sooner people realize the bot is here to stay, the less likely they are to waste there time fighting a machine.

with the blue level 70 accessories dropping in the new zone. and being put in the AH at reasonable prices. you can dirty stat a bot to 12k hp for a very reasonable price. running a golden egg bot for a week will fully gear a bot on a pvp server.

as for the MAC address question: i can verify that they exclusively MAC address ban on the software level, i use a peice of freeware called AnonyMac to change my MAC address as my previous MAC address was perma banned however im not using a proxy of any kind. so they are not handing out I.P. ban's on the US servers.

this of course can vary from server to server.