possible to host your own private server?

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
xplar

possible to host your own private server?

#1 Post by xplar » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Title says it all, I've seen more private servers popping up and was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to host your own. I have searched around a bunch for info but haven't found anything yet. It would be a pretty big help since you can refine your scripts without worrying about getting banned because you got stuck in a tree for 4 hours while afk :P

lisa

Re: possible to host your own private server?

#2 Post by lisa » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:22 am

I did some searching and i couldn't come up with anything, only recent clain to being a private server was XorRom and apparently that went the way of the dodo a few months back.

For me though I would only go a private server if you could do it without buying diamonds, most of the Private servers that have been and gone all did the same as legit servers, you still needed to buy diamonds to progress, so kinda pointless.

As for your own private little server to test stuff you would need the game source code, good luck with that.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

kanta

#3 Post by kanta » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Interesting thought, but I just found this info on another site:
The recommended setup consists of 8x machines, totaling 96gb ram for 4k CCU. If a private server was done properly for this game, 4k CCU would be reached very quickly.
I'm guessing CCU = Concurrently Connected Users

So that's like 12 gig needed per 1000 users or 1.2 gig per 100 users.
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:23 pm

Where did you get that information? That seems awfully high to me. I know RoM is horribly inefficient, but I really find it hard to believe that they would allow the servers to be that inefficient.

kanta

#5 Post by kanta » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:03 pm

The info could be wrong, but then again it would explain a lot of the lag issues.

Here's the site I found it on:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f111/runes-ma ... -a-706478/
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

xplar

#6 Post by xplar » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:01 pm

i wasn't planning on running it for anyone but myself to do testing on. i used to run a WoW server when i played to develop glider/pather scripts. all i know is there are actual private servers out there that you can play on and they have to be getting it from somewhere, but since i can't find any info on it and as lisa said, they charge for dias, they may be buying it from from frogster or something, nobody would be able to charge for dias if private servers were possible to set up on your own.

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:28 pm

I think the issue you will have is you want to test things, and no doubt test on the latest patch. So even if you did manage to get yourself the files to run a server on your PC you would want the latest files after a patch and not some files from chapter 3.

I wish you luck but I doubt you will get what you are after unless you pay frogster for it.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

OneofMany

#8 Post by OneofMany » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:59 am

www.kryptodev.com had such installers. but for some reason they are gone :)

used to have a private fiesta server from them
Its not about cheating. Its about being smarter than the game...