changing MAC address & IP

Whatever you want here. Just make sure it's off topic. Which...I guess if the topic is being off topic, then it means you should be on topic. Understand?
kx9488

changing MAC address & IP

#1 Post by kx9488 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:22 am

so i have been battling with keeping bot accounts ever since 15 of them got banned due to human error on my end.

i'm confident i will be able to go undected if i can start fresh but every account i create gets the axe within 24 hours.
(i have a small set of accounts that were unexplicably uneffected and still bot on almost 24/7)

if anyone could please explain how to spoof my MAC address in a blow for blow rundown i would greatly appreciete it. i realise that they are burned into your hardware... but i have heard of people cloning/spoofing them... obviously i havent found a good tutorial(windows XP 32-bit SP3, bigfoot killer 2100 NIC)

i am pretty sure i can figure out how to get a new IP, just make sure the settings are set to get automatically, and ipconfig/release.... then ipconfig/renew after 10-15min?

if you have knowledge of how to use a proxy to connect the client that would also be appreciated.

thank you

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: changing MAC address & IP

#2 Post by Administrator » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:30 am

Log into your router's configuration page ( typically http://192.168.1.1 - username: admin, password: admin or password are most typical with factory defaults). There's usually an option to clone or modify your MAC address in there. Mess with it.

To change your IP, just unhook your modem, then change your router's MAC address, and power the router back on. It should negotiate a new IP.

kx9488

#3 Post by kx9488 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:45 pm

thank you

but how do i re-connect to the internet with a cloned MAC address?

i logged into the router:
setup>MAC address clone
enable
"Clone your PC's MAC"
"save settings"

and cloned it, the numbers changed so i saved it and now i cant use the internet untill i log back into the router and change it back or reset the router.

i open up network connections and it says disabled, i right click and enable but it fails,
i tried unhooking the router and plugging it back in... didn't help
i don't have any AV or firewall on either

everything gets fixed after i change the MAC back to how it was

did i miss a step?

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:05 pm

You may have to contact your ISP and let them know you want to change the MAC address.

Administrator
Site Admin

#5 Post by Administrator » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:19 pm

I'm having trouble telling if you're a spambot or not...

The MAC address should not be printed on the bottom of your laptop. Instead, you'll find it in your network adapter settings & information, which entirely depends on which OS you're using so I'm sorry I can't be more specific.

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:30 pm

My guess is it's spam. 2 posts not clearly on topic although they may have some sort of word matching happening.

If they wanted help with a mac address why would they sign up and ask here? And who is ubuntu? who are they talking to? It's not an ubuntu forum and there is no one called ubuntu.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

BlubBlab

#7 Post by BlubBlab » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:40 am

I don't think it is spam but is ancient take a look on the dates.

I ended here because I seek a webbot that is so simple configurable like http://jdownloader.org/de/knowledge/wik ... t-recorder , means it has a recorder function.

With something like this I could write a batch file which ensure that my bots and man AC never cross, so it will be safe ,at past is having the game for the bots in a extra VM.(different IP, MAC, Client ID)
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:44 pm

The message we were talking about has been removed. It was by someone who just joined the forum and posted 2 similar messages on 2 different topics. The old post, you are talking about, we know is not spam because it's from a user who's been around for a while and has posted 60 messages.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro