Question about botting with melee characters

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Retyh

Question about botting with melee characters

#1 Post by Retyh » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Botting with ranged works fine, the characters take on mobs with almost no downtime (except when looting is on) but if i try to bot with melees i get a lot of downtime. For example he will after every mob takedown stand still for like 4-5 seconds "waiting for aggressive enemies" (something my ranged characters never do). Is there any setting I have missed for melees?

rock5

Re: Question about botting with melee characters

#2 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Not really enough information. It shouldn't do that. Maybe there is something in your profile. Try posting a copy.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Alkaiser

#3 Post by Alkaiser » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:54 pm

Make sure ranged pull is set to false.

Code: Select all

<option name="COMBAT_RANGED_PULL"	value="false" />

mayainverse

#4 Post by mayainverse » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:59 pm

i get this problem sometimes. it cant be setting related as it was working fine in and some time in the middle of the bot running (cant change settings without turning it off and on again ) it allof a sudden started going the wait thing. it makes it look way more botty and sometimes agros more mobs because it has no awareness

mayainverse

#5 Post by mayainverse » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:12 pm

yea this super frustraiting. it also passes up tons of mobs too because they might not agro if their back is turned. really no idea what makes this happen. like bot was running smooth 1 mob next mob its busted. tried restarting game/mob no luck still doing it

i think the part of the bot that targets just breaks somehow it just simply waits for the game to target mobs itself witch makes real pain. if i manualy target stuff still works fine.

Administrator
Site Admin

#6 Post by Administrator » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:28 pm

I think this is because a ranged character can kill its target before being hit by it (which is when the "in combat" flag is triggered). The delay shouldn't be that big, though. Does this happen all the time, or is it completely random?

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:18 am

I run a pure melee char and I didn't change any of the default settings except skills and it runs smoothly. Kills, loots and runs to next and keeps going.

After they did last patch I know the bot had issues with detecting hp of mobs and would just stand there even after it was dead. Have you updated your rombot and also micromaro versions???
I'd also suguest redoing your profile, use the current default and just change the skills.

On the off chance your character is a rogue set up Throw in the skills and it pulls with it and then continues fight with melee, I find this helps a great deal for obstacles when you make the mobs come to you.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual