Runing 2 bots

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Nathanoo

Runing 2 bots

#1 Post by Nathanoo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:21 am

dont know if this has been asked. i looked for it did not see it.

ok when i try to run 2 bots the 2ed crash's is there a way to run 2 at one time

rock5

Re: Runing 2 bots

#2 Post by rock5 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:28 am

You can run 2 at the same time. Maybe your system can't handle it?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Nathanoo

#3 Post by Nathanoo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:08 am

ok i got it to work was something i did or did not do

f1ashreap6r

#4 Post by f1ashreap6r » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:58 pm

How did you manage to run 2 bots? Can you please give a detailed instruction..

wizzyslo

#5 Post by wizzyslo » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:26 pm

I'm using copy of runes of magic game on that way i don't get crash (i'm using win xp). Win 7 have option that you can run 2+ games from same folder (right click...) and need to run 2x micromacro. I tested 3 games on my computer (single CPU 2,2GHz, 1500GB ram) but little to much freezing. Dual core need to handle 3 games easy or more.

droppen

#6 Post by droppen » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:16 pm

wizzyslo wrote:I'm using copy of runes of magic game on that way i don't get crash (i'm using win xp). Win 7 have option that you can run 2+ games from same folder (right click...) and need to run 2x micromacro. I tested 3 games on my computer (single CPU 2,2GHz, 1500GB ram) but little to much freezing. Dual core need to handle 3 games easy or more.
try changing you settings in client.config.ini

i have my settings at

Code: Select all

[display]
windowed width=100
windowed height=100
fullscreen width=1024
fullscreen height=768
windowed mode=1
quality=1

[ui]
ui scale mode=1
ui scale=1.000000

[visual detail]
view distance=100.000000
terrain detail class=0
texture detail=0
shadow detail=0
splat detail=0
terrain shader detail=0
sky detail=0
rtlightmap enable=0
rtlightmap size=256
camera distance=10.763565

[character detail]
paperdoll detail=0

[visual effects]
bloom=0
water reflection=0
water refraction=0
distort fx=0
specular highlight=0
and the game takes under 100 mb of memory like that.

i've played 8 bots at the same time.

btw, i made a new pather with javascript http://88.115.222.52/minimapper.html

MiesterMan

#7 Post by MiesterMan » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:40 am

Those settings are awsome :D !!

Tyvm, my game is still running at 400mb but that's a hell of a lot better than what it was. Now if I can just get it to stop overfilling my pagefile...

Starrider

#8 Post by Starrider » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:50 am

MiesterMan wrote:Those settings are awsome :D !!

Tyvm, my game is still running at 400mb but that's a hell of a lot better than what it was. Now if I can just get it to stop overfilling my pagefile...
for this you need a tool like TuneUpUtilities 2010, there you can set very easy, that the kernel.dll doesn not put data in the pagefile Cache. But this means more RAM will be used respectively reserved for kernel datas. Also it will be possible to disable pagefile for kernel manually but never tried.

I have 4 GB of RAM but Win7 or the game has some problems with the memory managment. In this case after I reached my 7/8th Char by autologin the game increase from 450MB memory usage to 1,2GB memory per Client. Then the last 1,5GB are reserved for the kernel data, but still unused.
I have two bots running. If your RAM becomes to full, and i think its to late, the memorymenegment begins to unload old data.

My only problem is that I have an realy old CPU (new will come soon XD) an AMD64X2 3800+ with 2x2000GHz, work sometimes on the limit.

Also i have seen that many Addons are very CPU intensive. Delete unused Addons, but one problem of the addons is that gerneral settings are saved in one Savevariables file in the Profile root.
that means if you like me have two client directories one for booting an one for normal playing, if you delete an addon from the botclients folders and you close the client, the settings in the Savevariables file are deletet because the client cleans old setting data if the Addon is not installed.
So that means if you want then to play with your normal client which still has the addon in the folder, this addon is resetted to default settings.

Conclusion is in this case you still must have Addons with many settings in bot client folders to guarantee that the Client dont delete settings for not detected Addons and that you not need to setup it again.
Or make a Savevariables file backup.

MiesterMan

#9 Post by MiesterMan » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:33 am

actually I've been watching it, I've been running 2 bots continously and my page file hasn't gone over 260mb usage. This is an epic adjustment :lol: .

Edit: Also, I haven't been using more than 2.2 gig of my physical memory. I've got windows 7, 5 IE windows, a telnet session, np++ and resource monitor running along with the 2 clients and 2 bot sessions. Just awsome.

Edit: Forgot to update this, still crashes after a time. Isn't related to the pagefile, just random I guess. That's the RoM client for ya!

salient

#10 Post by salient » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:41 am

Mine are still running at 500mb memory usage, which is pretty similar to what they were doing at 800x600 on low details.

no 8 bots for me I guess.