Rock5's Mail Mods

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

Re: Rock5's Mail Mods

#661 Post by rock5 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:18 pm

There is a local function called "openMailbox" so you shouldn't have been able to use it unless you modified the userfunction and made it global.

You don't need to use that code anymore anyway. The userfunctions now includes a new function called "UMM_DeleteEmptyMail()" which should do what you want.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

noobbotter

#662 Post by noobbotter » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:20 am

You don't need to use that code anymore anyway. The userfunctions now includes a new function called "UMM_DeleteEmptyMail()" which should do what you want.
Perfect. That's what I was hoping for with updating the userfunctions anyway. I went in and removed my extra part that opens the mailbox and deletes empty emails and it seems to work fine now. Thanks.

rock5

#663 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:02 am

Just to be clear, you have to run the "UMM_DeleteEmptyMail()" function if you want to use it. It doesn't get run automatically.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

noobbotter

#664 Post by noobbotter » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:02 am

Ah, I'm glad you cleared that up, though I would eventually have seen that it isn't doing it automatically. But I can fix that now before it becomes an issue. Thanks.

ZZZZZ

#665 Post by ZZZZZ » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:27 am

I just added UMM_DeleteEmptyMail() into the main function that opens the mail box lol

rock5

#666 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:33 pm

Good idea. Saves you from having to edit all your files.

The reason I didn't do that in the posted version is because it might be possible that a user might be social and have friends that they exchange mails with and I didn't want them to get mistakenly automatically deleted. So I leave it up to the user to use the function.

noobbotter

#667 Post by noobbotter » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:58 pm

Is there a way to have a bot send a mail with specified text in the body of the mail? I searched but was unable to find anything.

rock5

#668 Post by rock5 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Why do you need to bot a message?

The mail userfunction only uses the third tab for sending items so there is no control there for adding a message. To send a message it would have to use the second tab. This could be done if there is a real need but I can't see a practical way of botting the receiving of the messages. Did you want to bot the receiving of the messages too or do you just want your bots to send messages to a character that you will use to read the messages manually?

noobbotter

#669 Post by noobbotter » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:42 am

I was looking at the latter... to have the bot send me a message to one of my characters that I use normally. Then again, I can always just throw the info into a log file and just check the log file regularly. That might be better than clogging up my mailbox with spam from my bots. So, nevermind my question. Thanks.

cibervagos

#670 Post by cibervagos » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi all! I never solve my problem with UMM. I think is a ping problem becouse I play with 380 - 850 ms of ping. (And I play in PVP server :cry: ) But now I can take my mails if I open the mailbox first with openMailbox(). (I made it global). So I open the mail and I give a few second before call UMM_TakeMail(). I still have the same problem, with the same error. But the bot dont stop (almost) :mrgreen: . Well, that is all. Just comment how I "solved" the problem.

rock5

#671 Post by rock5 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:21 pm

Finally posted version 1.85 of the userfunction that supports Hortek mailbox and other exceptions.

Desmond

#672 Post by Desmond » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:15 am

how to do to send to the personages?
Islan Marti Kyne

rock5

#673 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:33 am

Do you mean how do you send to multiple players? Try

Code: Select all

local names ={"Islan", "Marti", "Kyne"}
for k, recipient in pairs(names) do
    UMM_SendFunction(recipient, . . .)
end
Of course you need to use the correct function name and correct arguments.

Desmond

#674 Post by Desmond » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:41 am

player:update()             
local names ={"Dawurk", "Strashen", "Kyne"}
for k, recipient in pairs(names) do
    UMM_SendFunction(name, .228966.2.)
end
               RoMScript("UMMFrame:Hide()")
               ChangeChar()
               loadPaths(__WPL.FileName)
	</waypoint>
</waypoints>
not working

rock5

#675 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:11 am

You were too fast. As soon as I posted I noticed I made a mistake and then edited my post. You must have copied the post before I edited it.

UMM_SendFunction(name, ...)
should have been

UMM_SendFunction(recipient, ...)
Desmond wrote:UMM_SendFunction(name, .228966.2.)
This is not a valid function and the arguments are entered wrong. I assume you want to send 2 items with id 228966 to each recipient. The function you want is UMM_SendByNameOrId

UMM_SendByNameOrId(recipient, 228966, 2)
The rest of it look ok.

Desmond

#676 Post by Desmond » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:01 pm

whether there is a function of the user to buy a belt or stones?

rock5

#677 Post by rock5 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:43 pm

To buy belts or stones just use the store functions.

player:openStore("npc name")
store:buyItem(nameIdOrIndex, quantity)

Desmond

#678 Post by Desmond » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:44 am

Thanks, how do I check if a backpack full of rocks then

rock5

#679 Post by rock5 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:55 am

Do you mean how do you fill up your bag with Fusion Stones?

local empty = inventory:itemTotalCount(0)
store:buyItem(nameIdOrIndex, empty)

Desmond

#680 Post by Desmond » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:58 am

rock5 wrote:Do you mean how do you fill up your bag with Fusion Stones?

local empty = inventory:itemTotalCount(0)
store:buyItem(nameIdOrIndex, empty)
if backpack full then need a bot went to the mail