Forum Search wont search.

Discuss, ask for help, share ideas, give suggestions, read tutorials, and tell us about bugs you have found with MicroMacro in here.

Do not post RoM-Bot stuff here. There is a subforum for that.
Forum rules
This is a sub-forum for things specific to MicroMacro.

This is not the place to ask questions about the RoM bot, which uses MicroMacro. There is a difference.
rock5

Forum Search wont search.

#1 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:16 am

I noticed on a few occasions that when using the search feature on this forum it will ignore common words which is to be expected. Sometime though it ignores words that aren't common. It's only been a small annoyance until now but just now I typed in 'millersrancheggs' and it ignored it. That's ridiculous. I suspect some setting somewhere for ignoring words has been set too sensitive. Please adjust it if you can.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Forum Search wont search.

#2 Post by Administrator » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:19 pm

I just tried searching for 'millersrancheggs' and it worked. Did you instead use spaces between the words or something?

The common words list go by a percentage of how often a word is used here on these forums, not just a global list of words such as "was", "it", "a", etc. So, words like "bot" are going to be considered common.

rock5

Re: Forum Search wont search.

#3 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Administrator wrote:I just tried searching for 'millersrancheggs' and it worked. Did you instead use spaces between the words or something?

The common words list go by a percentage of how often a word is used here on these forums, not just a global list of words such as "was", "it", "a", etc. So, words like "bot" are going to be considered common.
I got 2 results this time. Strange.

I think I understand how it works but sometimes it ignores words that seem like words it shouldn't be ignoring. Unfortunately I can remember them off the top of my head. Maybe I'll post here any other words I find in the future.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro