rom4u private server

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
kuripot

Re: rom4u private server

#21 Post by kuripot » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:45 pm

same lisa..

lisa

#22 Post by lisa » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:49 am

well I hit 72 and I just use daily to get my xp, I don't bother to quest anymore.
have around 15 lvl 50+ chars doing mems and minigames.

Funny story today.

I am doing my butterfly dailies and stop mid way to listen to a conversation in /say between 2 people where the dog's are. Character "A" is telling character "B" that he has proof of "B" botting and is going to contact GM's and have him banned. So they exchange words for a bit and "B" ends up leaving.
Several hours later I do some dailies on another character and guess what "A" is botting dogmeat, talk about #$%#$$. Tells "B" he will get him banned for botting and then bots there himself.
Within a couple of hours GM posts in world chat "A" has been banned for botting and won't be back lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#23 Post by rock5 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Strange the gm posted it in world chat.

I'm 58 after 2 days. There have been a few things I haven't been enjoying about the rom4u server.

1. Seems that most people talk jibberish in chat. I don't talk jibberish. :)
2. Even though I was 22/22 by the time I got to Heffner, I couldn't skip the quests there and go straight to Lyonside because I was struggling to kill stuff with my crap gear. So I had to go back to Heffner to do all the quests to get all those nice blue gears.
3. I couldn't buy anything off AH. There was NO low level stated gear and any items that might have helped were being sold for diamonds. The few diamonds I had were locked so couldn't even buy 1 dia items.

Today I got to Lanthrofea. Because I went back for the blue stuff I was handling it ok but was still taking 4-6 attacks before killing stuff. I'm talking about mobs that are 10 levels below me!

To finish off I went and got 26mil xp at the butterlies and went to get my lvl 55 package. That made a HUGE difference. I'm looking forward to seeing how I do tomorrow.

Edit: Couldn't wait. Went and had a quick test. YAY! I can 1 hit mobs 10 levels below me. :D I could even one hit the mobs in the garden after I finished leveling up the skills the last few levels. Tried the copper gardner too. Easy. Didn't know the 55 package is all you needed for him.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#24 Post by lisa » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:10 pm

yeah 55 package helps a lot, it really does make that much of a differrence.
I was buying the weapons from vendors as I leveled the first char, that helped as it's all about weapon damage as to how fast you kill.

Once you hit 55 and get first package it's easy street, don't vendor the ones you don't use from package, they get T4 stones =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#25 Post by rock5 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:50 pm

I actually got the level 50 package first for comparison. The 55 items are like 2 to 5 times better. And the items, I'm pretty sure, have more defense and do more damage than the level and quality would imply.

What time is the dailies reset BTW? I asked a couple of times in game but no one answered me. And also the freebies, do they have a reset time?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#26 Post by lisa » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:13 pm

6am server which is 3pm QLD time, so in 1h 50 mins from this post.

rock5

#27 Post by rock5 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:39 am

lisa wrote:6am server which is 3pm QLD time, so in 1h 50 mins from this post.
Thx. Do you know what time zone the server is, so I can keep track of daylight saving?

lisa

#28 Post by lisa » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:02 am

Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +1 hour
is also called
CET – Central European Time
I am guessing Zurich or Paris, either way they will probably have DLS time at the same time as they are the same time zone =)
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... u/cet.html

DLS is due to change Sunday, 25 March at 2:00 AM

rock5

#29 Post by rock5 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:17 am

Thanks. I already have CET on my clock because of eu server.

lisa

#30 Post by lisa » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:23 am

rock5 wrote:I actually got the level 50 package first for comparison.
Hmm I don't remember a lvl 50 package, where is that?
My plan was to get my chars to 55 and get the 55 package then they can all do survival aswell and actually kill stuff in butterflies instead of leaching, I hate leaching =(
Most are 52-53 so should hit lvl 55 today or tomorrow anyway, just means I have to get them all to TH to get the 55 package is all.

rock5

#31 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:49 am

lisa wrote:Hmm I don't remember a lvl 50 package, where is that?
https://forum.runesofmagic.com/showthre ... ost3816148
That's the information I've been able to gather about the packages.

lisa

#32 Post by lisa » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:05 am

Ahh only 80 dura, that explains the big difference right there.
Yeah I won't bother with getting that package, 2-3 days of butterflies gets 50-55 anyway.

lisa

#33 Post by lisa » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:25 am

Stupid addons.
Ok so I got the adv auction house that is modified to work with dias on AH.
I put up some items for 350-380 dias each, they sell within 15 minutes and I think hmm must have been to cheap then.
I get to mail box and there in my mailbox is 358 Gold, WTF
stupid god damn addon put the items up for gold instead of dias.

Needless to say someone got a bargain......

rock5

#34 Post by rock5 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Ah, you forgot to click the dias button?

lisa

#35 Post by lisa » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:31 pm

rock5 wrote:Ah, you forgot to click the dias button?
Shhhh, it sounds better when I say it was the addons fault lol

lisa

#36 Post by lisa » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:33 am

Added a Wp to first post, elf char only and does 1-16 and ends at varanas with arcane transmuter unlocked.
It will then either go to heffner or continue leveling in silverspring depending if you have heffner unlocked yet, those WP are still work in progress though.

rock5

#37 Post by rock5 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 am

It's a bit unrelated to the topic. Why didn't you start a new thread?

lisa

#38 Post by lisa » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:54 am

it's only for the 10 X xp, you couldn't use it on a normal server as you wouldn't have the level required for the next set of quests.
So yeah I will just keep it to the topic about the server I guess, wouldn't want someone trying it on a normal server and then getting posts saying it doesn't work lol

bobdole

#39 Post by bobdole » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:57 pm

How do you get rombot to work on this server?

lisa

#40 Post by lisa » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:41 pm

update to revision 696

Works same as any other server.