Is a little pixel life on a private server impossible?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
OluxZarjaNebesnogo

Is a little pixel life on a private server impossible?

#1 Post by OluxZarjaNebesnogo » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:47 am

Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie to this forum and I dream of playing with bots in a quiet environment on a private server

Game version 6.5.2 but the client sees like this:
version.png
version.png (38.41 KiB) Viewed 762 times

*Start the client with NoCheckVersion

I downloaded micromacro и rom-bot and faced a similar situation as here: viewtopic.php?t=7373

Realized my mistake and downloaded micromacro.1.05.207.zip then micromacro.1.04.174.beta.zip

Then moved here: viewtopic.php?t=6162

Here only rev787 for game version 6.4.0.2749 and there are no further posts in this forum thread. Were there revisions after 787?

Then I read here: viewtopic.php?t=6392&start=20

Installed TortoiseSVN and exported different revisions:

Before rev787 - Unable to find 'actionBarPtr' in module.
787.png

After rev787 (if they were) - You need to run rom from first!
789.png

I realized that the Administrator is angry with the bot-users from private servers... but really want to play :idea:

I used RomBot before and I was absolutely delighted!

Can you please tell me what else can be done?

Thanks and sorry for my english! :D
Sorry for my English!

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Is a little pixel life on a private server impossible?

#2 Post by Administrator » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:11 am

realized that the Administrator is angry with the bot-users from private servers... but really want to play :idea:
Not sure where you got that idea. I'm not angry. I also just can't create specialized versions for every private server, nor do I have the time to provide support for them.

Since this question has been asked dozens of times before, the answer is t he same as always: You have to try checking out different versions from the repository.
https://github.com/SolarStrike-Software ... its/master
https://github.com/SolarStrike-Software ... t/releases

Exactly which commit you'll need to checkout at is anybody's guess.

OluxZarjaNebesnogo

#3 Post by OluxZarjaNebesnogo » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:58 pm

Thanks! I just don't know how to work in github, and I don't understand how exactly to find references to earlier versions.

I guess I need to look for a date close to updating to the version in use on a private server (v6.5.2 is december 2015).

I’ll try to figure it out.
Sorry for my English!

OluxZarjaNebesnogo

#4 Post by OluxZarjaNebesnogo » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:30 am

Administrator wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:11 am Exactly which commit you'll need to checkout at is anybody's guess.
The client version issue was resolved but did not affect the resolution of the bot issue.

I tried different options from the repository, which seemed logical to me, unfortunately I get the same errors under the same conditions. I have also read several forum threads about finding addresses with the Cheat Engine, including your tutorials. It seemed to me that I could deal with the "actionBarPtr" error after some time and a little practice. But the Cheat Engine is behaving strangely. And it's even weirder when I try to do the same in the current gameforge client. From your words, I understood that this is protection against cheats, etc.

Too bad, I wanted to get some Lua experience and maybe more by playing games with a bot :D I'll try to do something else, in extreme cases there is another option for tests.

I would like to help you with the bot, but it will take a long time before I get enough knowledge, but I will try!

Thanks for help! I don't say goodbye
Sorry for my English!