Bot not prperly fighting - problem with bot or my installation?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Rintintin

Bot not prperly fighting - problem with bot or my installation?

#1 Post by Rintintin » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:22 am

Is it true that the bot is currently not dealing with mobs properly? I mean my bot only performs the simple attack.
I just want to ensure it is not a problem with my profile or installation at all.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Bot not prperly fighting - problem with bot or my installation?

#2 Post by Administrator » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:56 am

I do see that there was an update for the game, but everything seems to be working fine for me. No address changes or anything. I would first recommend that you update the scripts to make sure you've got the latest stuff.

If you're running the latest scripts and still have problems, please run

Code: Select all

rom-bot/addrtest
which will run a test against various addresses that the bot uses. Does it look OK, or is everything entirely wrong?

Rintintin

#3 Post by Rintintin » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:58 am

Well this looks quite fine. But I get a lot of messages like this, when I start the bot:

Wrong value returned in update of CItem id: 14567
stack traceback:
        D:/rombot/scripts/rom/classes/item.lua:86: in function 'update'
        D:/rombot/scripts/rom/classes/bankitem.lua:26: in function 'update'
        D:/rombot/scripts/rom/classes/bankitem.lua:11: in function 'constructor'
        D:/rombot/lib/mods/classes.lua:54: in function 'CBankItem'
        D:/rombot/scripts/rom/classes/bank.lua:16: in function 'constructor'
        D:/rombot/lib/mods/classes.lua:56: in function 'CBank'
        scripts\rom/addrtest.lua:205: in main chunk
Wrong value returned in update of CItem id: 1626021132
stack traceback:
Wrong value returned in update of CItem id: 3062465
stack traceback:
Wrong value returned in update of CItem id: 202572
stack traceback:
Wrong value returned in update of CItem id: 65535
stack traceback:
(result has been shortened)

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:40 am

Those ones can probably be safely ignored. It seems like that only happens when the game client isn't aware of what your bank contains (and hence, the bot can't read your bank details either), but typically works itself out over time or if you visit the bank in-game.

However, you can try updating your scripts, then run the rom-bot/addrtest script to verify everything looks OK. It also will output to addrtest-debug.txt which you can upload here.

Rintintin

#5 Post by Rintintin » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:51 am

after perfoming an update (I still had that ancient rombot logo at startup) things got better. Still need some tweaking in the profiles,though.
For exampe the warden casts WARDEN_BRIAR_SHIELD over and over and somehow doesn't notice, this self buff is already active.

I checked the file database\skills.xml the the id of the buff is different in my client. Instead of 503958 it should be 623126. Or it varies due to the class combination I am using.

Administrator
Site Admin

#6 Post by Administrator » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:01 am

Very interesting. Thanks for the info, Rintintin.
I'm guessing that skill is modified in some way based on which subclass you have, and the way the game tracks which version is in effect relies on different IDs instead of modifiers.

Are you able to list some of the IDs that that buff can have for you? The more the better. I'll look into making the bot support an array of IDs.

EDIT: You can put multiple buffs into skills.xml's buffname. Just separate them with a comma. For example:

<skill name="PRIEST_ICE_FOG" 						id="490274" range="200" type="damage"		casttime="1"	cooldown="15"	target="enemy"		buffname="500485,500846,500847" /> <!-- Buffs Verified -->
Priest's Ice Fog skill supports 3 different buff IDs.

OluxZarjaNebesnogo

#7 Post by OluxZarjaNebesnogo » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:11 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem now. The IDs of some skills are different. But the buff IDs of these skills have not changed. I updated the bot. Then I tried creating new lines in the skills.xml file but nothing worked. I have several characters and I need all the options.

I attached screenshots with IDs. These are all the differences that I have noticed so far, there may be others, I don't know :?
Attachments
Rogue/Scout. In skills.xml file: &lt;skill name=&quot;ROGUE_SHADOWSTAB&quot; id=&quot;490306&quot; /&gt;
Rogue/Scout. In skills.xml file: <skill name="ROGUE_SHADOWSTAB" id="490306" />
Rogue/Warrior. In skills.xml file: &lt;skill name=&quot;ROGUE_SHADOWSTAB&quot; id=&quot;490306&quot; /&gt;
Rogue/Warrior. In skills.xml file: <skill name="ROGUE_SHADOWSTAB" id="490306" />
Warrior/Rogue. In skills.xml file: &lt;skill name=&quot;ROGUE_SHADOWSTAB&quot; id=&quot;490306&quot; /&gt;
Warrior/Rogue. In skills.xml file: <skill name="ROGUE_SHADOWSTAB" id="490306" />
Warrior/Rogue. In skills.xml file: &lt;skill name=&quot;WARRIOR_PROBING_ATTACK&quot; id=&quot;491133&quot; /&gt;
Warrior/Rogue. In skills.xml file: <skill name="WARRIOR_PROBING_ATTACK" id="491133" />
Sorry for my English!

Administrator
Site Admin

#8 Post by Administrator » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:41 am

So it would seem that each subclass has a variant for some skills. That's a pain in the butt.

There's two ways I can see to get around this. First, is an easy solution: add a new skill line for each variant. Like so:

<skill name="ROGUE_SCOUT_SHADOWSTAB" 						id="492329" range="50"	type="damage"		casttime="0"	cooldown="0"	target="enemy" 	nobuffname="620313" nobufftarget="target"/>
Then of course, add the skill to your profile.

The other idea I have is a bit more complicated and is going to take time, but essentially would allow you to set an array of valid IDs for a skill, and the bot will automatically choose the right one based on which is available to your character. I'll see what I can do when I get time.

OluxZarjaNebesnogo

#9 Post by OluxZarjaNebesnogo » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:06 pm

I tried adding new skill lines with the necessary IDs in skills.xml file, also changing IDs, even replacing buff IDs with buff names, but nothing changed. Of course I changed the profile file too. The bot does not apply skills in sequence. Applies one or two or three skills from the rotation and then only uses Attack :(

Could the problem be something else? But I only found this forum post and the IDs array idea seemed great! Because later I found skills with different IDs in other class combinations for other characters, it seems to be everywhere :?

It will be great if you find a solution to this problem, thank you!
Sorry for my English!

OluxZarjaNebesnogo

#10 Post by OluxZarjaNebesnogo » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:49 am

Can I double post? It seems to me that the problem is not only with IDs, because adding new lines doesn't solve it...

When I start the bot it uses the first rotation skill in the profile and then only uses Attack. If I myself "help" the bot using the hotkeys assigned to the skills on the keyboard, then in the next battle the bot uses a full rotation of skills once and after that the bot again uses only Attack.

For my other character, the bot returns some skills with the message "Failed to use skill" even if all options for using the skill are met. This almost always happens with those skills that have changed due to the specifics of the second class.

So for all high level characters with learned elite skills and, as a result, changed IDs of some skills that I can use in battle, the bot works the same :(

I don’t really understand how this specifically works, but it seems to me that this is what you already called working with addresses, maybe I’m wrong.
Sorry for my English!

Administrator
Site Admin

#11 Post by Administrator » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:40 am

As it turns out, we might not necessarily need to do anything fancy with the IDs; the bot generally doesn't care about them too much. I've done some debugging and changed the skill ID for Rogue Shadowstab to one of the other variants, and the bot continued to use Shadowstab for me. It checks if you have the skill by its name, not ID, as long as you have the hotkey set to "MACRO", like this:

<skill name="ROGUE_SHADOWSTAB"    		hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" />
And, I suppose, if you did hard-code a hotkey, it wouldn't care about the ID either, as it would just hit the hotkey you told it to.

I have an idea though: it might be that different variants of the skill use different buff/debuff IDs, and that could be causing issues. That's the most likely case, since each of the descriptions of those skills is different.

Do you have the TooltipIds addon installed? If not, you can find a copy of it in the
devtools
folder included with the bot; please install it. Once installed, whenever you hover over a buff/debuff icon, you should get the skill ID printed out for you (either in chat, or on the tooltip itself). Please record and report those IDs, and I believe we can fix this up easy.

OluxZarjaNebesnogo

#12 Post by OluxZarjaNebesnogo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:19 am

Yes, I use the TooltipIds addon, from the devtools folder. Only it works unusually for me. I'll write about this later. No, the buff IDs were the same everywhere, only the debuff "Bleed" from the "WARRIOR_SLASH" skill IDs in one of the combinations with a warrior changed. I'm already confused, I need to check everything again.

About skill IDs. Example for the warlock/priest class: "PRIEST_RISING_TIDE" has an elite skill that removes casting time and now this skill has new IDs in the warlock/priest class combination. The bot continues to use the skill, but the console displays:

Use MACRO: PRIEST_RISING_TIDE  =>  * Failed to cast *

Just now figured it out. It's not a problem, but I was confused because I couldn't understand my other character's problem. When nothing seems to work, you know :roll:

About the character. The main problem with the warrior class.The bot does not use a any skill, as in combination with any of the available second classes (rogue or scout), and even with only the main warrior class. I created a new profile. I tried to make only simple basic combinations of 3-5 skills without additional options, only with priority. I tried both options for setting hotkeys "MACRO" and "VK_#" it did not change anything. Bot just uses Attack.

The combination of classes for this character, rogue/warrior, works fine, rogue/scout too. I have not tested combinations of ranged combat with a scout as a main class on this character. So the problem is only in the main warrior class. But I created a new warrior character, not a high level and without elite skills, and for the new character the basic skill combinations work fine!

I just don't know what to assume. For the warrior class, many skills are changed by elite skills, and they change IDs. I tried changing everything in the skills.xml file that relates to warrior skills. Bot just uses Attack anyway! Of course, I didn’t change anything in the game client and use a minimum of any addons. The only thing is that I recently removed several macros for the problem character from the window with macros, including the macros that rom-bot creates in the first two slots. But the bot created these macros again when launched... What else could I have done wrong?

Sorry for such a long message, I hope I explained clearly :)
Sorry for my English!

Administrator
Site Admin

#13 Post by Administrator » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:09 pm

OluxZarjaNebesnogo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:19 am About skill IDs. Example for the warlock/priest class: "PRIEST_RISING_TIDE" has an elite skill that removes casting time and now this skill has new IDs in the warlock/priest class combination. The bot continues to use the skill, but the console displays:

Use MACRO: PRIEST_RISING_TIDE  =>  * Failed to cast *
All good; that's almost certainly because the bot is expecting it to have a cast time so it is waiting for casting to begin/end, but it is instant. That shouldn't be problematic and you can just ignore it. Do report back if it is causing more harm than just displaying that warning.
I just don't know what to assume. For the warrior class, many skills are changed by elite skills, and they change IDs. I tried changing everything in the skills.xml file that relates to warrior skills. Bot just uses Attack anyway! Of course, I didn’t change anything in the game client and use a minimum of any addons. The only thing is that I recently removed several macros for the problem character from the window with macros, including the macros that rom-bot creates in the first two slots. But the bot created these macros again when launched... What else could I have done wrong?
Unfortunately, really hard to say. Has the name of the skill(s) changed at all, in any way? Has the requirements for the skill(s) changed?

I do not have any characters that I can reproduce this problem with. If someone has a character they wouldn't mind sharing with me temporarily, I'm sure I could debug it pretty quickly.
For now, try enabling the DEBUG_SKILLUSE option in your profile:

<option name="DEBUG_SKILLUSE" value="true" />
Then leave the bot running in a combat area and it should begin to give some hints as to which usability check is failing. If nothing, it's likely because the skill isn't considered as available (not being found in the character's skillbook, or some other issue).

OluxZarjaNebesnogo

#14 Post by OluxZarjaNebesnogo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:11 pm

I checked and wrote down the skill and buff IDs according to the skill settings in the profile for some class combinations as you said in the previous post. But the reason is still not obvious :?

<skill name="WARRIOR_SURPRISE_ATTACK"   hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" pullonly="true" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_SLASH"          	hotkey="MACRO" priority="95" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_PROBING_ATTACK" 	hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_OPEN_FLANK"      	hotkey="MACRO" priority="85" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_THUNDER"      	hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" />
This is a skill rotation for the warrior class only. There are no changes here, all IDs of skills and buffs correspond to skills.xml and the bot does not work for a high-level character.
But it works for a level 15+ character.

<skill name="WARRIOR_SURPRISE_ATTACK"   hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" pullonly="true" />
<skill name="ROGUE_SHADOWSTAB"		hotkey="MACRO" priority="105" nobuffname="501866" nobufftarget="target" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_SLASH"          	hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" nobuffname="500081" nobufftarget="target" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_PROBING_ATTACK" 	hotkey="MACRO" priority="95" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_KEEN_ATTACK" 	hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" cooldown="7" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_BLOOD_DANCE"	hotkey="MACRO" priority="75" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_OPEN_FLANK"       	hotkey="MACRO" priority="85" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_SPLITTING_CHOP" 	hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" />
This is a rotation of skills for the warrior/rogue class combination.
Here the skill and buff ID
"ROGUE_SHADOWSTAB" id="491459" buffname="501866"
and skill ID
"WARRIOR_PROBING_ATTACK" id="493283" buffname="501502"
change and the bot does not work.

<skill name="WARRIOR_AIM_FOR_THE_WOUND"		hotkey="MACRO" priority="120" cooldown="25" />
<skill name="SCOUT_VAMPIRE_ARROWS"		hotkey="MACRO" priority="110" nobuffname="501690" nobufftarget="target" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_SURPRISE_ATTACK"   	hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" maxuse="1" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_SLASH"          		hotkey="MACRO" priority="95" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_TACTICAL_ATTACK"  		hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" reqbuffname="500081" reqbufftarget="target" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_THE_FINAL_BATTLE"		hotkey="MACRO" priority="85" targethpper="30"/>
<skill name="WARRIOR_SKULL_BREAKER"  		hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_SWORD_BREATH"  		hotkey="MACRO" priority="75" />
This is a rotation of skills for the warrior/scout class combination.
Nothing changes here and all IDs of skills and buffs correspond to skills.xml, and the bot does not work.

<skill name="ROGUE_POISON" 			hotkey="MACRO" priority="105" /> 
<skill name="ROGUE_PREMEDITATION" 		hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" maxuse="1" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_SLASH"          		hotkey="MACRO" priority="95" nobuffname="500081" nobufftarget="target" />
<skill name="ROGUE_SHADOWSTAB"    		hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" nobuffname="500654" nobufftarget="target" />
<skill name="ROGUE_WOUND_ATTACK"    		hotkey="MACRO" priority="85" reqbuffname="620314" reqbufftarget="target" />
<skill name="ROGUE_LOW_BLOW"      		hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" reqbuffname="500654" reqbufftarget="target" />
<skill name="ROGUE_DEATHS_TOUCH"		hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" nobuffname="506222" nobufftarget="player" />
<skill name="ROGUE_POISONOUS_INFECTION"		hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" nobuffname="502894" nobufftarget="target" />
<skill name="ROGUE_DECAY"			hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" reqbuffname="502894" reqbufftarget="target" />
This is a rotation of skills for the rogue/warrior class combination.
Here the ID of the skill and buff
"ROGUE_SHADOWSTAB" id="493295" buffname="500654"
is changed, and the bot works :!:

This is all in one profile for the same character. I can assume that the problem is not in the profile settings. If it's not an IDs issue, then the problem is with my game client. I'm at a dead end.
Sorry for my English!

Administrator
Site Admin

#15 Post by Administrator » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:00 pm

Following up on this, OluxZarjaNebesnogo and I had worked out a solution in PM. The fix has been released; use the updater to get the fix.

OluxZarjaNebesnogo

#16 Post by OluxZarjaNebesnogo » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:47 pm

Sorry, but I had difficulties again, this time with my low-level (20-55 lvl) characters :oops:

Firstly, the bot does not use skills with the "reqbuffname" and "reqbufftarget" parameters specified in the profile. If these parameters are not specified in the profile, then the bot uses skills in order of priority.

Secondly, the bot displays messages in the console when it tries to use a skill that imposes some kind of buff..?

Exit early      5.5371159
Exit early      5.9999951
Sometimes it's a few lines, sometimes more than 10...

For my level 55 druid/warden, the skill "WARDEN_BRIAR_SHIELD", which gives a buff for 15 minutes, is constantly applied by the bot, although in the skills.xml file for these skills target="self" buffname="503958,623126" is set.

Thirdly, I get a lot of errors in the client itself if I move the "ingamefunctions" folder to the ..\interface\addons folder, as required by the bot setup. There were mistakes before, but now there are a lot of them! The client logs an error every time I hover over a skill in the skill book, items in my bag, etc.

Fourth, TooltipIds is now not working for me. I wrote earlier that the addon works strangely. So, previously I moved all the contents from the devtools folder to ..\interface\addons, then deleted the TooltipIds and the TooltipIds worked :shock: I also have duplicate messages for sending and receiving mail from the UMM addon, as if I had two addons.

*Without "ingamefunctions" folder, the TooltipIds in ..\interface\addons works fine, I didn’t check it right away.

But my high-level characters seem to work well, just a lot of messages "Exit early" :)

*And one moment. When saving a waypoint file, sometimes I get an error:

2024-01-26 17:05:37 - scripts\rom-bot/createpath.lua:332: bad argument #3 to 'sprintf' (got nil)
Entries at this stage can be different: NPC dialogue or just a waypoint.
Sorry for my English!

Administrator
Site Admin

#17 Post by Administrator » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:00 am

The "Exit early" thing was a debug statement I accidentally left in. It's harmless and you can ignore that.

For the other issues, I'll need to find some time to investigate those. Been pretty busy lately, so can't commit to anything at the moment. Can you confirm if you're playing on the Gameforge client, or using Steam, or something else?

OluxZarjaNebesnogo

#18 Post by OluxZarjaNebesnogo » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:44 am

Sometimes there are a lot of these messages per unit of time, it’s difficult to navigate from the log in the console whether the bot is doing everything correctly :shock:

I use Gameforge client.
Sorry for my English!

Administrator
Site Admin

#19 Post by Administrator » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:26 pm

I'm not able to reproduce the Warden Briar Shield issue; mind if I borrow your character again? Since I assume you changed your password (and you should have!), I'll need you to change it again and send me the new password.

The "Exit early" thing is an easy fix and I'll take care of that with my next commit.

As for the addons -- no idea what's going on with that. Really hard to say. I don't maintain the addons as those are all 3rd party (and they also have stopped playing years ago, so they have become defunct). As long as you've got things working -- that's fine. You don't need to install the TooltipIds.

Administrator
Site Admin

#20 Post by Administrator » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:22 pm

Following up on this again -- the issue OluxZarjaNebesnogo was having has been resolved and the fix is in the most recent script update.