Devilian, avoid it with passion

For any other game that doesn't have its own section.
lisa

Devilian, avoid it with passion

#1 Post by lisa » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Ok so I downloaded a game called Devilian, it was in the list of my Glyph account where you log in to Archage and such.
I played it for a while and then got kicked with an "unusual error" I didn't think much of it really and played another game for a while. Well then I go to log in to play it again and I get a message saying my account is banned and now I can't even log in to play other games such as Archage.

So I actually didn't do anything dodgy in this game, I purely played it as anyone would play the game, I did notice 4-5 chars which were obviously bots, very high lvl for area and just spaming same skill over and over on a quest mob, I did mention this in general chat so maybe that got me banned?
So I have been doing some reading and searching on the net about the game and apparently it is a big issue with the game, people get banned for no reason and losing all their games with trion because of it.

So long story short don't ever play Devilian as there is a good chance you will lose access to all your Glyph games, such as Archage, for no reason at all.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Devilian, avoid it with passion

#2 Post by Administrator » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:33 pm

Well that surely seems odd. I've heard of bugs in games causing people to be banned, but if this has been going on for awhile and isn't even been acknowledge by Trion... well, actually that would be pretty much typical for that company. They do tend to not care so much about negatively affecting huge portions of their userbase.

lisa

Re: Devilian, avoid it with passion

#3 Post by lisa » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:19 pm

One post I read was they know of an issue if you use Windows 10 and on an older machine the game engine speeds up and it's like having a speed hack going and they ban anyone who has that issue.
So yes they know of issues which are out of the control of players but perma ban anyone who has that.
I got an email response from them but it was a pure template and said case closed you are banned and that is the end of the story. No reasoning or anything, just you are banned good bye.
So yeah completely lost my Archage account as well which sux, I mean banning a game that after this I would never bother to play again is nothing but banning all Trion Games for not actually doing anything wrong is sooooo bad.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual