Help with an addon!

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
L33t_Of_Lag

Help with an addon!

#1 Post by L33t_Of_Lag » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:29 pm

Hey guys, I need some help with what is now an unsupported addon.

It is called UseAll, it will open all the selected unknown resources obtained from your guild castle.

It only opens one, and doesn't open any more. Just wondering if anyone can take a look at it as to why it is not working correctly. You can't download it anymore, so I have uploaded it to my website for you. Found Below.

DOWNLOAD HERE .

If not, Is there something within rombot I can do to open all unknown resource things?

rock5

Re: Help with an addon!

#2 Post by rock5 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:22 pm

You can still download it if you know how to search for it. To search for an abandoned addon use google and search for useall curseforge.
http://rom.curseforge.com/addons/useall/

The code doesn't look well written and I can't figure out why it has a blinking frame, but anyway...

Do you get an error message? If you didn't know, errors appear as flashing red icons in the minimap area.

A lot of older addons stoped working because they need time related functions that were removed from the game. Do you have d303fix or similar addon installed?

If you wanted to bot it it should be fairly simple. It just depends on how you want it to work.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

L33t_Of_Lag

#3 Post by L33t_Of_Lag » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:05 pm

Says "string 53 attempt to compare number with nil" in errors.

Yes I have that addon (the fix one)

I get some alts farming guild resources, then every few days, I open them all. I wish for it to simply open all unknown resources in my backpack.

Are you able to fix it? Because it looks to be a very easy addon to use. If not, I don't know much about rombot and wouldn't know where to start with getting rombot to auto open all ore, wood and herb unknown resources.

Cheers.

PS, as I said, it will open ONE resource, then do nothing.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:34 pm

Easy to use? I don't think it's easy to use. Why would you need to have to choose the type of resource and level? Wouldn't it be better to just have 1 button that opens everything?

BTW, I just tried it. I didn't get the error message (but it did only do it once like you) so maybe your error is from something else.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

L33t_Of_Lag

#5 Post by L33t_Of_Lag » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:42 am

Probably. And yes, single click to open everything would be VERY good!

Are you able to knock something up?

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:17 am

I'll see how easy it would be to get an addon working like that. Otherwise I can whip up a bot script that could do it too. I'll get back to you.

L33t_Of_Lag

#7 Post by L33t_Of_Lag » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:04 am

Thanks very much, either an addon or using rombot, either is fine.

TBH rombot would probably be better. But up to you, and thanks very much for your time.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:07 am

I started doing the addon but realised it would take more work than I realized so I did a rombot script instead. I actually did a separate script. Put it in your rom folder and run it using

Code: Select all

rom/useall
In case you need a particular resource you can specify it on the commandline, eg.

Code: Select all

rom/useall Herb Wood
If you want to, for real ease of use, you can also set up a bat file. Check out the existing bat files in the rom folder if you want to do that.

ps. If you specify the resource type on the commandline it needs to be in the language you run the game.
Attachments
UseAll.lua
v0.1
(2.4 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

L33t_Of_Lag

#9 Post by L33t_Of_Lag » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:20 pm

Thanks very much.

I will test it tonight!

Thanks again, always a great help

L33t_Of_Lag

#10 Post by L33t_Of_Lag » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:51 pm

Thought I'd log on now and test it.

Works not only perfectly, but soooo quick! I only opened one type of resource, so yet to test if I have all 3 resources to open.

Made a bat that looks like, @echo off
START ../../micromacro.exe "%~dp0/UseAll.lua"

Thanks again.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:59 am

I'm glad. :D