Hotkey error..

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
ZZZZZ

Hotkey error..

#1 Post by ZZZZZ » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Reformated my comp recently, I did a backup of everything rom related and simply copied it all back once windows was reinstalled. But for some reason MM is now saying I have a an error with my hotkeys.... I have tried changing targetnearestenemy both in-game and through bindings.txt but I just cannot get it to work >.< It's probably something really obvious :/

Code: Select all

2014-08-28 12:51:22 - Error: The hotkey 'VK_' for 'TARGET' is not a valid key!
Please check your settings: Ingame -> System -> Hotkeys and in your profile

rock5

Re: Hotkey error..

#2 Post by rock5 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:33 pm

Let me see. I can trace that.

The error message only appears in the 'checkKeySettings' function.
The 'checkKeySettings' function is only used in a few places to check hotkeys in the profile and settings.xml.
I don't think there are any hotkeys called "TARGET" in profiles so I'm assuming there is a problem with settings.xml.

The error indicates that 'TARGET' is set to "VK_".

Also I wouldn't edit bindings.lua. Just go into the game and open the Hotkeys interface via the system menu (Esc). Under the Targeting section you'll find "Nearest Enemy". Make sure that's set correctly.

Lastly, some addons may interfere with the bot. If you started using some new addons they might be the cause of your problems. In particular ExtraActionBars is known to cause problems and can't be used with the bot (well for most people anyway, some users report that they can use it).
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro