Finally, a regional event timer userfunction!

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Finally, a regional event timer userfunction!

#1 Post by rock5 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:38 pm

I think it's about time I bring together everything I've learnt about checking the regional event from helping people into a userfunction for peoples convenience. It shouldn't be too difficult but, not having botted the events myself, I I'm not sure what is needed. Seems obvious we need a wait_till_event_starts function but I seem to remember some users had wait till event ends functions. Is there a need for that too?

I'm thinking about 3 functions, the wait till start and end, and a IsInEvent function that just returns true or false so you can use it in 'if' statements and such.

How does that sound?

I'm thinking of using getLastWarning bot function as is used in many examples in this forum but when the game is first started no messages have come out yet so it wont know if it's in an event. I think in that case it will just return true to be on the safe side. As most events start every 20m I could also check the minutes to 'guess' whether you are in an event.

If anyone has what they think is good code feel free to post it here so I can refer to it to save me some time. Such as getLastWarning examples and time based examples. I think we can forget about using the PE dialog as it's just too unpredictable.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro