Disable self buffing

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
romaniac

Disable self buffing

#1 Post by romaniac » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Is it possible to disable the self-buffing feature (except disabling all single skills)?

Sometimes it's a dead giveaway, only a bot will stop to cast useless combat and defense buffs in the middle of a minigame or event game that does not involve any combat.

Ego95

Re: Disable self buffing

#2 Post by Ego95 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:23 pm

Yes it's possible. Open your profile and add after each skill which shouldn't be casted an

Code: Select all

autouse="false"
Then the bot shouldn't cast it.

AlterEgo95

romaniac

#3 Post by romaniac » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:18 pm

That's what I mean with "disabling single skills"

The idea would be to turn self buffs off with one line only in the minigame script and leave the profile untouched.

The bot already has such a mode when you're riding on a mount, but I don't know whether/how to trigger it manually.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Put in the WP onload

for k,v in pairs(settings.profile.skills) do
	      v.AutoUse = false
	end
that would make all of your skills autouse false, so wouldn't cast any skills, this is good for minigames where all skills are disabled like AT.

If you just want to disable buffs then add in a check for buff skills.
Something like

if v.type == "buff" then
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

CanceR

#5 Post by CanceR » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:00 pm

and how to reenable autouse to true, because when a waypoint are loaded from previous this settings are still applied, and in next WP there is a need to use skills to defend itself

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:11 pm

CanceR wrote:and how to reenable autouse to true, because when a waypoint are loaded from previous this settings are still applied, and in next WP there is a need to use skills to defend itself
reload the profile will set them back to the way they are in the profile itself.

settings.loadProfile(load_profile_name);
pretty sure rock has a function for it somewhere.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Yes, it's called "loadProfile". It's part of the bot. It's benefits are;
  • 1. You don't have to specify a profile name. If you don't, it will load the profile with the same name as the character or, if that doesn't exist, it will load 'userdefault' if that exists. Just like when you start the bot without specifying a profile.
    2. It converts the name to ascii like when you start the bot.
    3. It refreshes the 'player' variable (which is not needed in this case because you aren't changing character).
    4. And it runs the profile onload (which again is not needed in this case because you aren't changing character).
Most of the differences are geared toward when you change character so I would definitely use 'loadProfile()' when changing character but maybe in this case it will be enough to just use the command Lisa said. But then you have the problem of picking which profile to use. If you want to use the characters profile you could use.

settings.loadProfile(player.Name)
But then if a particular character doesn't have it's own profile then that wont work. You could use a generic profile eg.

settings.loadProfile("userdefault")
But then you miss out on the benefits of using the characters own optimized profiles. In the end it might just be easier to just do this.

loadProfile()
Which is what I usually do and have done for some of the minigames I've done.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

CanceR

#8 Post by CanceR » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:36 pm

thank you very much for detailed explanation, you Rock :)