my two cents:

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
danked_247

my two cents:

#1 Post by danked_247 » Mon May 25, 2009 2:39 am

When I played WoW, I used the famous bot WoWGlider. WoWGlider had a graphical user interface that was easy to use, and after a while, got really, really good. You didn't have to edit .xml files or anything like that.

That being said, I don't play WoW anymore. I started RoM, and I love it. I stumbled across RoMbot on youtube and downloaded it. While it is pretty easy to set up, lets be honest, its not the same as Glider.

Here's some Glider features I'd love to eventually see, because I know I'll be using RoMBot for a while. From reading the forum, it sounds like the programmers are really intelligent guys, and I think they will eventually be able to make this happen:

-Not stopping at every waypoint, but running through it instead. Real players dont stop every other second.
-The RoMBot config tool made by elroy72 is a good start, but it's still a little sketchy as far as GUI's go.
-This would be way down the line, but someone over on the Glider forums figured out a way to reply to /tells via mobile text messaging. Being able to still talk while botting from anywhere, not just at your computer, has obvious benefits, the main of which being to help add to your 'realness'.
-Auto-disconnect when being followed by someone. This is excellent for those not wanting to be caught. You could customize the distance to check for followers, and the time it allowed itself to still run before it disconnected you from the game.
-Glider had a noise it played when someone sent you a /tell (you could turn it off). This might be useful if someone wanted to bot while in the other room but be aware if anyone was trying to talk to them (e.g. a GM, not sure what theyre called in RoM).
-RoMBot's movements seem slightly unrealistic, but maybe thats just an experienced botter knowing what to look for.

Thats about all I have to say about that. Other than that, this is my first post, so I'll consider this my introduction to all. Hey guys :]

-danked

3cmSailorfuku

Re: my two cents:

#2 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Tue May 26, 2009 8:54 am

-Not stopping at every waypoint, but running through it instead. Real players dont stop every other second.
I never used WoWGlider, but they seem to actually change the camera angle and direction for turning from the memory. While the Runes of Magic Bot basically just uses Q and E to turn. Also Glider doesn't use an intepretor like The Runes of Magic Bot uses to parse LUA, of course Glider is faster then.
-The RoMBot config tool made by elroy72 is a good start, but it's still a little sketchy as far as GUI's go.
I agree, it is sketchy and isn't anything you could nearly call OOP which makes it worse to actually use it due the rapid updates from the developer.
I don't think a GUI is necessary though, you don't need to change much on the configuration while Glider has tons of possible options.
The only need I would see would probably be launching it from a batch file, but that, everyone can create themself.
-This would be way down the line, but someone over on the Glider forums figured out a way to reply to /tells via mobile text messaging. Being able to still talk while botting from anywhere, not just at your computer, has obvious benefits, the main of which being to help add to your 'realness'.
We already discussed this once, although not like this but it was also my main goal to create an interface where you can operate micromacro from somewhere else by accessing a webinterface. Thing is, it's questionable if there will be ever embedded curl (or something equal) will be possible or an injected dll that makes it possible.
Of course you can use curl at the moment by using Run, but curl does output its buffer by default which you can't disable. Makes it more annoying.
If you would have a possible way to receive and send text messages from the web, it would be possible.
-Auto-disconnect when being followed by someone. This is excellent for those not wanting to be caught. You could customize the distance to check for followers, and the time it allowed itself to still run before it disconnected you from the game.
-Glider had a noise it played when someone sent you a /tell (you could turn it off). This might be useful if someone wanted to bot while in the other room but be aware if anyone was trying to talk to them (e.g. a GM, not sure what theyre called in RoM).
This is hardly possible, it is just too difficult to calculate the object adresses that are around you in rom. But using a codecave would result in using injection, it depends on the developer if he is willed to risk that.

It is possible by creating a plugin for runes of magic though.

Code: Select all

-RoMBot's movements seem slightly unrealistic, but maybe thats just an experienced botter knowing what to look for.
It looks way different if you are actually spectating your bot from another client, traffic reduction in Runes of Magic will simply erase packets if they seem useless like turning for a second. It might just look like hard lagging.

Then again, this bot isn't glider. Glider exists now since multiple years, while this one only exists since a close half a year.
Depending on the further methods being used to obtain data from a process it also might offer way more options lateron.
I also want to make a note on the side, that this bot has been created only by one person (And so it is updated).
Though Zephyr and I think Zero? helped a bit on advancing the code a bit.

danked_247

#3 Post by danked_247 » Wed May 27, 2009 12:37 am

I think Glider was done by just one guy too, on the forums I think his name was Merc or something like that. I know RoMBot isn't Glider, but I was just remembering some of the things from my gliding days that would be nice to have over here on RoM. I still use the bot every night as is anyway :]

One thing I just remebered: Towards the end of when I was using it, they came out with a feature that let you harvested whatever your profession was if it came within X distance. Not sure how credible the source was, but someone told me that they might make harvesting one click per node, instead of having to click it several times in one of the next few patches (to prevent node-stealing). Do you see harvesting happening later on with RoMBot if that happens? If not, would it still be possible?

3cmSailorfuku

#4 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Thu May 28, 2009 12:37 pm

danked_247 wrote:I think Glider was done by just one guy too, on the forums I think his name was Merc or something like that. I know RoMBot isn't Glider, but I was just remembering some of the things from my gliding days that would be nice to have over here on RoM. I still use the bot every night as is anyway :]

One thing I just remebered: Towards the end of when I was using it, they came out with a feature that let you harvested whatever your profession was if it came within X distance. Not sure how credible the source was, but someone told me that they might make harvesting one click per node, instead of having to click it several times in one of the next few patches (to prevent node-stealing). Do you see harvesting happening later on with RoMBot if that happens? If not, would it still be possible?
There's a bot by ntKid that will harvest.

xxsinz

#5 Post by xxsinz » Sun May 31, 2009 12:08 pm

You know where to download this harvest bot?