How to Bot - maximize and keep your income

Ask questions about cheating in any games you would like. Does not need to pertain to MicroMacro.
memcpy

How to Bot - maximize and keep your income

#1 Post by memcpy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:01 am

Notes:
- this is pretty rom oriented but most of it is applicable to all games and general botting.
- this is a work in progress thread. i want to create a community based guideline so please share your tips with us.

1. General Stuff

1.1 Have Fun
you really should enjoy botting. if this starts feeling like work - stop.

1.2 Be Creative
this applies to all of the following. it doesn't matter what you do with your bots - think about it, be creative, think about it again, act.

1.3 Be Paranoid
if you suspect something going on - stop botting. just log off. let your bot rest for a while. come back some days later. switch bots.

2. Botting

2.1 You are a bot, just don't act like one
use the wander mode if you really have to and there isn't another option. this shouldn't be the case in 99% of the scenarios but it could be. if you are in a hurry and or are to lazy to set up proper waypoints - just don't bot. use the newest script version available because the devs are always trying to advance the bot not to act like a bot.

2.2 Choose your spots wisely
this is a pretty controverse issue. everyone always says: avoid crowded places. i say: if you have a good feeling about the place, bot it! you see, if you are botting all alone in a totally wasted place and someone with even a little bit of knowledge about bots comes along will get suspicious. but if you are in a crowded area there are a lot of distractions (like other players, etc) and thus helping you to disguise. on the other hand you get more kills and more loot in a complete empty territory. just wager the pros and cons of each place and you will come to a good decision.

2.3 Downtime
i know it's tempting to bot 24/7 and make mad $. but don't. the chance you get noticed raises exponentially to the time you are botting. you can drastically flatten that chance by logging off. and you can flatten the downtime by creating multiple accounts/chars and switching between them. obviously don't create more than 1 char at the same account. if your account gets busted all your chars are gone.

Keep a log of when the GMs are around. Every time you or anyone you can trust sees one, make a log entry. If you have to, you can even get yourself stuck or something just to request the help of a GM. Why do this? If you follow the trends of when GMs are and are not around, you know when it is the safest time to bot or exploit.

2.4 Switch Places
same as downtime. a juicy place is always tempting but seriously, switch it on a regular basis. i for myself always use at least 5 different places to bot in a given area.

2.5 Waypoints
good waypoints are the bread and butter of botting. simply spoken if you have intelligent waypoints set you will minimize the danger to get caught while maximizing your income. please don't run circles.

3. All about the Benjamines

3.1 Money Laundering
so you have like 20 stacks of item x in your backpack after a good day of botting and want to turn it into cash. the dumb one would go and say "have 2000 item x for price z /w me"... don't! people and especially GMs will get suspicious. spread items and money around various chars. don't always sell the same stuff on the same chars. it's free to create new accounts. use this as your advantage. set up a distribution network and auction house chars. NEVER send stuff directly from your bots to your main char. no one knows for sure how exact the server logs are and how deep they can trace money back to it's origin. keep at least one step between the dirty money and your main. if you are really paranoid you can even launder it through the auction house by selling cheap, etc.

When you spread a large amount of items across multiple characters of yours, you can inflate the price. Remember, people aren't going to know that all of these characters belong to you, they will just see 5 different players selling an item at a slightly higher but reasonable price, and assume it is natural inflation. Use this strategically to get more money for your work. Do not over-use this. Try not to encourage inflation whenever possible.

3.2 Secure your Money
do not keep massive amounts of cash/items on one account. spread it out. always save your income on safe accounts. one of em should be your main account. this will minimize your losses on a bust.

3.3 Market Knowledge
obviously you need some knowledge about the current market of your game to maximize your income. take your time and study the zone/world chat and especially the auction house. install special addons that help you with filtering e.g. AdvancedAH for RoM. browse the AH and keep an eye on price changes and even item histories if available. this really will pay off later on.

4. Social Networking

4.1 Stay under the Radar
the best hackers are those you never heard of. so be quiet. do everything to disguise and distract from your activities. don't chat in zone/world chat except maybe you want to sell rare stuff. but don't overuse it. if someone comes along and buffs you and you may see it, stop the bot for a second and say thank you. just don't create any unwanted attention.

4.2 Friends
If, and only if, you have friends you can trust, use them. We (my friends and I) always know each others' passwords to all accounts. We often bot near each other and constantly check our own characters as well as each other. If you're not around and your friend sees somebody suspicious (or a GM), he can force you to log out, log in to your account, and hopefully deflect that person. We have saved each other more times than you might think. Most notably, in Holic when 3 of us were botting an area for roughly 11 consecutive hours. GMs and players were constantly checking on us, but we got away with it because there was always 1 of us keeping watch.

5. Etiquette

5.1 That's a Bot!
respect others. even if you notice them due to their behaviour. don't report them. i mean it's your choice if you want to eliminate competition or what but if you do good things, good things will happen to you. think about it.

changelog:
06/29/09 - Added elverions tips, changed formatting, thanks for the stickie
Last edited by memcpy on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: How to Bot - maximize and keep your income

#2 Post by Administrator » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:55 am

Good post, another sticky. I have to agree with all of this; you hit the nail on the head.

I'd like to expand on the money laundering part. When you spread a large amount of items across multiple characters of yours, you can inflate the price. Remember, people aren't going to know that all of these characters belong to you, they will just see 5 different players selling an item at a slightly higher but reasonable price, and assume it is natural inflation. Use this strategically to get more money for your work. Do not over-use this. Try not to encourage inflation whenever possible.

Keep a log of when the GMs are around. Every time you or anyone you can trust sees one, make a log entry. If you have to, you can even get yourself stuck or something just to request the help of a GM. Why do this? If you follow the trends of when GMs are and are not around, you know when it is the safest time to bot or exploit.

If, and only if, you have friends you can trust, use them. We (my friends and I) always know each others' passwords to all accounts. We often bot near each other and constantly check our own characters as well as each other. If you're not around and your friend sees somebody suspicious (or a GM), he can force you to log out, log in to your account, and hopefully deflect that person. We have saved each other more times than you might think. Most notably, in Holic when 3 of us were botting an area for roughly 11 consecutive hours. GMs and players were constantly checking on us, but we got away with it because there was always 1 of us keeping watch.

memcpy

#3 Post by memcpy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:34 pm

Great tips. The inflation trick was on my mind too but i ran out of time. Will add more stuff within the next days. Thanks for the stickie.

3cmSailorfuku

#4 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:48 am

Administrator wrote:Good post, another sticky. I have to agree with all of this; you hit the nail on the head.

I'd like to expand on the money laundering part. When you spread a large amount of items across multiple characters of yours, you can inflate the price. Remember, people aren't going to know that all of these characters belong to you, they will just see 5 different players selling an item at a slightly higher but reasonable price, and assume it is natural inflation. Use this strategically to get more money for your work. Do not over-use this. Try not to encourage inflation whenever possible.

Another trick of the trade is to buy the same item someone else offers if it has a lower price. This will make sure that all profit goes to you, but you might have to spend alot of time online and have a lot of beginning money, that's basically how you start monopolizing your items. Of course, you should only do this with items that have a high frequency of demand.

As for myself, I never followed instructions in this guide because it seems the people on my server are kinda retarded. I sell high amount stacks close to it's value (1g profit is fine too lol) daily, alot of people keep seeing me over the night and day and remember me. Don't really bot on Multi Accounts either. No GM ever checked on me too, I believe. Seriously, It's already past time I'm getting banned from this game for botting 20/7 since December 2008.

I think the GM's are sleeping on my server, they never answered Tickets I sent. And I wrote like, 40.

d003232

#5 Post by d003232 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:55 am

Just a tipp for waypoint files:

Mostly you will run circles with the bot.
  • As smaller your cicrles are, as more circles you should run.
  • Try to put a least two circles into your waypoint file.
  • Try to make smooth circles. Avoid sharp corners.
  • Avoid to run into dead ends. Especially avoid as ranged attacker to run to the place from the last mob into a dead end. You will pull the mob from ranged. And it looks really bottish, if you after you pull and kill that mob, run to the empty space at the death end and then turn.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

aasi888

#6 Post by aasi888 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:11 pm

memcpy wrote: 1.1 Have Fun
you really should enjoy botting. if this starts feeling like work - stop.
Happened. Pretty much quited rom. Your 1.1 was one reason but also the fact that it eats all my ram even with 2 clients. I can run ~6 wow windows at the same time with less memory usage than 2 rom.

Administrator
Site Admin

#7 Post by Administrator » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:44 pm

aasi888 wrote: Happened. Pretty much quited rom. Your 1.1 was one reason but also the fact that it eats all my ram even with 2 clients. I can run ~6 wow windows at the same time with less memory usage than 2 rom.
Agreed. RoM is far from optimized. The performance starts to go down quite a bit (though, still playable) after about 8 clients for me. For most people, that would be pretty good. For me, that's disappointing.

olio

#8 Post by olio » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Do u guys use any IP changing programs? Or something else that makes it harder for GM:s to track several accounts to one user?

Administrator
Site Admin

#9 Post by Administrator » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:09 pm

No, I don't. There really is no such thing as an IP changing program; unless by that you mean a proxy.

berzer

#10 Post by berzer » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:20 am

nice topic,.but I have a question:

how does the chinese farmers get so large amount of cheap gold (10kk/3,6€)
and this after ch4,
before it was low supply with prices up to 13€ for 10kk..

what changed so drastically in so low time?
Now the gold deflation caused the dias inflation from 15-17k (EU-Mac)

Still don't know what's the best gold incoming procedure atm:
farming shells and mems for crimson/bunker stats seems less time consuming
compared to old fashioned KS/CL gold farming and making T8 dirty stones..

The tips u give are OK, but no for CH4. Now u need 8kk+ for a single stat and gc/sc weapons sold for 50-70kk.
From dailis u can only farm dogs at xaviera with very low farming income because of high population there..

ATM I see the most promising gold making solution at party farming DoD 1st boss normal (party=multiboating)-4mems per 8min for every char
and selling bunker stats

Any other tips?

Administrator
Site Admin

#11 Post by Administrator » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Chinese farmers, believe it or not, sometimes actually play the game and sell pretty much everything they can find, and play the auction house. I had a chat with a few Chinese gold farmers back when the game first started, and they were incredibly efficient at making money. They also usually work together in parties.

Other than that, some are known to try stealing other players' accounts so they can take the money.

tlo

Is it malcious prog ?

#12 Post by tlo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:59 pm

THanks

btw. 1st time to use microurmacro but i wanted 2 know if it's malcious program that keylog us ?
Thanks for readin :mrgreen: