Banned for 30 days

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Sammy009

Banned for 30 days

#1 Post by Sammy009 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi everyone,
I´ve banned for 30 days. I´m playing 6 chars on my computer and every char has banned. Have anyone an idee who it works that my computer block by Frogger. I´ve not the same IP.
Thanks

MiesterMan

Re: Banned for 30 days

#2 Post by MiesterMan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm going to guess that "not same IP" is why. If your account is constantly changing locations it will be suspect. This is especially true if accounts are sharing an IP and changing back and forth between them.

I might be explaining this in a confusing way, can anyone else say this in simpler terms?

theginger

#3 Post by theginger » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:37 pm

Account sharing is against the EULA, and its a lot easier to ban someone for that then for actually botting. If you are suspected for botting they will look at the ip and see if it makes any large jumps, (say from east coast to west coast in 30 minutes) which they know would be improbable for a single person to do. Do it enough times and your banned, I don't know exactly how it works but thats the gist of it. Even if you aren't sharing the account the ip jumps make it look like you are and that's all they really care about.

In conclusion: Al Capone is to taxes as you are to account sharing

Sammy009

#4 Post by Sammy009 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:07 pm

theginger wrote:Account sharing is against the EULA, and its a lot easier to ban someone for that then for actually botting. If you are suspected for botting they will look at the ip and see if it makes any large jumps, (say from east coast to west coast in 30 minutes) which they know would be improbable for a single person to do. Do it enough times and your banned, I don't know exactly how it works but thats the gist of it. Even if you aren't sharing the account the ip jumps make it look like you are and that's all they really care about.

In conclusion: Al Capone is to taxes as you are to account sharing

What are you meaning with sharing ip´s. I don´t know what i must doing for this

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Sammy009 wrote:What are you meaning with sharing ip´s. I don´t know what i must doing for this
You said this
Sammy009 wrote: I´ve not the same IP.
If they look at even just 1 account and the IP changes a lot then they assume that different people are using the same account, which is called account sharing and this is against their rules.

So basically your attempt to stop yourself being banned by changing your IP is probably what got you banned.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Sammy009

#6 Post by Sammy009 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:33 am

lisa wrote:
Sammy009 wrote:What are you meaning with sharing ip´s. I don´t know what i must doing for this
You said this
Sammy009 wrote: I´ve not the same IP.
If they look at even just 1 account and the IP changes a lot then they assume that different people are using the same account, which is called account sharing and this is against their rules.

So basically your attempt to stop yourself being banned by changing your IP is probably what got you banned.
My IP changed every 24std or I changed manuell. That I mean i´ve not the same IP. It can´t be a IP bann. What kind of bann is it?

Pathfinder

#7 Post by Pathfinder » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:46 pm

It's an accountwide ban.
It was likely *triggered* by repeatedly changing IP address, in other words, the IP address changing so often looks suspicious to them so they temporarily banned your *account* (not your IP address) to further investigate, or to deter such suspicious behaviour.

To be honest, there are "good" reasons for such a ban - if your account had been hacked, and gold farmers were passing it around like a drunk chick at a party, you would WANT someone to shut it down until things got under control.

grande

#8 Post by grande » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Okay, you'd have to be changing your IP a ridiculous amount to be "suspect". lol... First, people travel. Who's to say there aren't people on the road and just like to fire up the laptop every now and then? I know I sure do. Next, there's the thing about VPN. VPN safeguards the inherent right to privacy to protect you from frauds such as identity theft, wrongful IP spoofing and other malicious attacks. Finally, how about civil liberties? It is absolutely against many civil national laws to direct someone to divulge such personal info such as what IP address they use or even what MAC address unless there is reasonable cause for search and seizure of evidence in the prosecution of a criminal investigation. Are you a criminal? hahaha.. For ANYONE to tell you what IP to use is just absurd.

Glad I decided to poke my head in this thread to see what was so important. lol.

Now to the OP question as to any process that may exist for how ROM enforces their civil right trouncing rules... No one knows. It's all random. If you get banned just make a new account and carry on. Enjoy throwing money away if you purchase diamonds otherwise just suck it up buttercup and enjoy a nice leisurely level up and character development. Nice and slooowwww.

DiViNeOfLiBeRtY

#9 Post by DiViNeOfLiBeRtY » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:45 am

Hey there, I think Sammy009 is from Germany. In Germany it is normal that you automatically get a disconnect from your ISP and also a new IP every 24 hours or on reconnect. So the IP change can't be the problem. Frogster knows that it is changing at least every 24 hours.

So what else are you doing with your account? If your English isn't too good, you can write in German and I'll try to translate. Do you use your Account the same time on the same PC? Do you transfer a lot of gold or items between them? Any other things you do with your bot? What things are you farming with your bot? On any public ingame places?

Sammy009

#10 Post by Sammy009 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:15 am

DiViNeOfLiBeRtY wrote:Hey there, I think Sammy009 is from Germany. In Germany it is normal that you automatically get a disconnect from your ISP and also a new IP every 24 hours or on reconnect. So the IP change can't be the problem. Frogster knows that it is changing at least every 24 hours.

So what else are you doing with your account? If your English isn't too good, you can write in German and I'll try to translate. Do you use your Account the same time on the same PC? Do you transfer a lot of gold or items between them? Any other things you do with your bot? What things are you farming with your bot? On any public ingame places?
Hi,
danke für das Angebot. Nehme ich gerne an, da mein Englisch nicht so überragend für solche Probleme ist. Ich hatte mehrere Accounts auf dem gleichen PC am laufen. Habe insgeamt 7 Accounts. 2 Habe ich zum botten benutzt. Ich bin wegen bottens gesperrt worden, doch auch alle meine anderen Accounts sind von der Sperre betroffen.
Hier meine Frage:
a: Was ist das für eine Art von Sperre (woran erkennt Froggster das dies mein Rechner ist)
b. wie kann ich so was ggf umgehen.
Danke für die Hilfe

grande

#11 Post by grande » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Here's the translation:
Thank you for the offer. I like to assume because my English is not so excellent for such problems. I had multiple accounts on the same PC am run. Have 7 accounts endowed. 2 I used have to the botten. I'm been blocked due to bottens, but also all my other accounts are affected by the lock.
Here my question:
a: what is the type of lock (how can Froggster that it is my computer)
b. How can I bypass so what should.
Thanks for the help
Here's my answer:

a. your accounts associated to the various IP addresses or shared IP addresses were suspended for 30 days. It's also been proposed that MAC addresses are tracked.

b. You can "attempt" to defeat this by greater IP address and MAC address diversity for all accounts independently but there's no guarantee that they won't just keep track of the accounts and link it back eventually. It really comes down to the diligence of the security manager they have on your servers. Good luck.

Also, there is no way to get around the suspension unless you engage in some pretty serious James Bond type of countermeasures or are among the elite of hackers. Pretty sure you'd actually need some insider assistance or manipulation/social engineering to terminate suspensions or permanent bans.

DiViNeOfLiBeRtY

#12 Post by DiViNeOfLiBeRtY » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:57 am

Habe insgeamt 7 Accounts. 2 Habe ich zum botten benutzt. Ich bin wegen bottens gesperrt worden, doch auch alle meine anderen Accounts sind von der Sperre betroffen.
I have 7 accounts. 2 are used for botting. I'm punished because of botting, but the other accounts are also blocked.
Hier meine Frage:
a: Was ist das für eine Art von Sperre (woran erkennt Froggster das dies mein Rechner ist)
Danke für die Hilfe
Here's my question:
a: What kind of obstacle is this (how do they detect that this is my PC)
b: How can I prevent (in the future)

Wir wissen noch immer nicht was genau du gemacht hast. Lässt du die Bots gleichzeitig laufen oder hintereinander? Was farmst du mit den Bots? Tauschst du untereinander Sachen? Alle Hinweise könnten wichtig sein.
An frogsters Stelle würde ich IP-Adressen mit der MAC-Adresse vergleichen, zusätzlich die Dateien, die im Benutzerverzeichnis angelegt werden vergleichen, wenn der Verdacht besteht. Dann den Handel anschauen und danach zuschlagen. Da kannst du nicht viel machen, was komfortabel ist.

If I were Frogster I would compare IP-adresses with MAC-Adresses and additionally have a look at the charnames in your user folder, if there is any suspicion.

EDIT: Didn't recognize that it has already been translated.

Sammy009

#13 Post by Sammy009 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:31 am

DiViNeOfLiBeRtY wrote:
Habe insgeamt 7 Accounts. 2 Habe ich zum botten benutzt. Ich bin wegen bottens gesperrt worden, doch auch alle meine anderen Accounts sind von der Sperre betroffen.
I have 7 accounts. 2 are used for botting. I'm punished because of botting, but the other accounts are also blocked.
Hier meine Frage:
Danke für die Hilfe
Here's my question:
a: What kind of obstacle is this (how do they detect that this is my PC)
b: How can I prevent (in the future)

Wir wissen noch immer nicht was genau du gemacht hast. Lässt du die Bots gleichzeitig laufen oder hintereinander? Was farmst du mit den Bots? Tauschst du untereinander Sachen? Alle Hinweise könnten wichtig sein.
An frogsters Stelle würde ich IP-Adressen mit der MAC-Adresse vergleichen, zusätzlich die Dateien, die im Benutzerverzeichnis angelegt werden vergleichen, wenn der Verdacht besteht. Dann den Handel anschauen und danach zuschlagen. Da kannst du nicht viel machen, was komfortabel ist.

If I were Frogster I would compare IP-adresses with MAC-Adresses and additionally have a look at the charnames in your user folder, if there is any suspicion.

EDIT: Didn't recognize that it has already been translated.
Ich habe Goldeier gefarmt.
Was meinst Du mit gleichzeitig oder hintereinander? Die Accounts liefen gleichzeitig, wurden aber nach und nach eingeloggt (hintereinander)
Verkauft habe ich keine Goldeier nur für den eigenen Gebrauch an meinen Main geschickt