I'm leaving RoM

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
kanta

I'm leaving RoM

#1 Post by kanta » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:06 pm

I hate to say this but I'm leaving RoM. With the in-game economy the way it is, I can't seem to progress at a respectable rate any more. I can't afford to spend real money on it and it just costs too much gold to buy diamond items from others. The game has gotten to the point where I load up once a day, start my bot WP string to do my dailies and mini games and log out. The whole thing has become a chore for me. It just isn't fun any more, only thing that was keeping me in the game was the community but even that isn't holding me any more.

I ended up getting into the closed beta for Eligium (also being run by Frogster). Had a lot of fun playing it and finding/reporting the bugs. At times laughing at the horrible translations and other times just scratching my head in confusion. All in all I had a great time. Closed beta just ended and I'm now waiting for open beta to start. Get this: They have a built in bot you get to use at level 25+. Ya, really. It fights for you, drinks pots, loots, everything. You can set it up, leave your comp to do some other stuff or go to bed or whatever and it'll just keep going for you going from mob to mob. You can set it up so that it will follow another character and as long as you don't zone it will fight whatever target the person you're following fights or it can heal/buff them. Or if you want to control the moving and have it fight and loot, you can do that too. Pretty versatile little bot. Just don't try setting a path with it yet, that part is a little buggy still. But ya, I really need to be on a game where I'm enjoying myself again.
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

kkulesza

Re: I'm leaving RoM

#2 Post by kkulesza » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Have fun :)
and thx 4 Your contribution.

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:00 pm

yeah I get the same way, I tend to last 1-2 years on a game before being so bored with it that it becomes a chore just to log on.
WoW kept me going for about 4 years but yeah it too got boring for me.

Have fun in your new game ;)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

kanta

#4 Post by kanta » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Started playing about a month after it came out of closed beta. It's just been spiraling downhill since chapter 2 was released.

MustHave

#5 Post by MustHave » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:01 am

I do know the common problems but no, Eligium is no way out of nowhere.
I don't like the way how it looks & feel. And so far as I know you can't jump ;-) :lol:

But I hope you will find what you're seeking for!
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Thnx to all of those who are working their ass off for us dumb asses

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:10 am

I've gotten to the point where I'm trying to extend my interest by not answering everyones posts, only the ones that I feel like it (sorry guys).
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kanta

#7 Post by kanta » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:40 pm

I would have replied days ago but... my primary HDD decided to go "boom". I'm currently running on an 80gig temp drive till I get my tax return and order a new drive. Took me about 3 days to slowly get all my data off the corrupted drive.

Yup, Eligium has neither jumping nor swimming. It does have mounts and they are free but they require a *bit* of work to make them ridable. I'm sure they'll have a cash shop (this IS Frogster we're talking about) but it appears everything you *need* is available in some way or another without spending tons of money. Can't be completely sure because level cap was 45 in CB and will be around 80 in OB so... If it progresses the same way RoM did with pay to win tactics then I'm sure I'll eventually get tired of this game too. So far it does not look like it will. I can only imagine the convenience and vanity items going into the cash shop at this point. That and having a game that naturally supports auto loot, auto fight if wanted, auto potion drinking etc without the need to update or fiddle with bot settings is nice. Couple of check boxes, couple of sliders and you're all set. The profession system is decent, no obnoxious requirements so far to level them. Anyway, if anyone is interested in playing, drop me a line in here. We can coordinate on which server to play on. It could be a nice getaway from the headache of coding every now and then. CB has ended so the wait for the bug fixes to be finished and OB to start has begun. No word as of yet when OB will be available.