Ancient Treasures waypoint

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
lisa

Re: Ancient Treasures waypoint

#161 Post by lisa » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:09 pm

kkulesza wrote:Yes it looks to me like those invisible walls are sever-sided walls. No model cheats will beat that imo
It only obstructs you if you move normally, if you teleport it is fine.

I have been doing AT with no model for instance and just teleporting everywhere, I have still been getting agro with lvl 50 chars though, so no real improvement there.
kkulesza wrote:Instead of flying/teleporting through the labirynth, maybe it is possible to teleport candlesticks and treasure chests to our character?
Issue with that is not all the candlesticks are within memory range no matter where you enter the instance, so even if you could you would need to get to another spot that is safe. You would also need to be on floor level as the candle would drop down to what ever solid floor is below it.

Possible way to do it is find a central type area with only 1 mob nearby and kill it with "snipe" and then move the candlestick to you, click them and then head to chest room. I guess you could move all chests to you aswell but really seems like a lot of effort to do that when the chest room is safe.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

kkulesza

#162 Post by kkulesza » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:33 pm

lisa wrote:It only obstructs you if you move normally, if you teleport it is fine.
I experience pullbacks 50% of time while teleporting through "invisible walls".
lisa wrote:I have been doing AT with no model for instance and just teleporting everywhere
Did you teleport betwin waypoints or in straight lines betwin candles? Because if betwin WPs than you didn't cross any invivsible wall.
lisa wrote:Issue with that is not all the candlesticks are within memory range no matter where you enter the instance, so even if you could you would need to get to another spot that is safe.
This is strange because with no-walls model i could visualy see all candles.
lisa wrote:You would also need to be on floor level as the candle would drop down to what ever solid floor is below it.
If candle teleportation works, than there is no need to have "no-walls" model folder.
lisa wrote:Possible way to do it is find a central type area with only 1 mob nearby and kill it with "snipe" and then move the candlestick to you, click them and then head to chest room. I guess you could move all chests to you aswell but really seems like a lot of effort to do that when the chest room is safe.
Yes. We could use same WP file as now, only modify the gathering-candle function so it teleports candle to character instead of teleporting the character to the candle. So all waypoint would be up in the air where no mob will aggro.

lisa

#163 Post by lisa » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:12 pm

kkulesza wrote:Did you teleport betwin waypoints or in straight lines betwin candles? Because if betwin WPs than you didn't cross any invivsible wall.
I used commandline
player:update() teleport(player.X + 40, player.Z + 10, 90)

adjusting the + and - to the player coords to how I wanted to move.

Even went straight up past the "roof" to 110 and then flew around without hitting anything and then teleported back under "roof" to 80.

Also the area near where the NPC is there are gaps in roof so you can easily go up and then head to where you want and teleport back down.
So if we could edit out the roof like we first looked in to this would work really well.

Of course still need to look at moving cadlesticks aswell lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

kkulesza

#164 Post by kkulesza » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:17 pm

lisa wrote:player:update() teleport(player.X + 40, player.Z + 10, 90)
I see. So teleportation "jumps" work.
I used romeomultihack. By default there is teleportation +1 while key pressed.

lisa

#165 Post by lisa » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:27 pm

kkulesza wrote:This is strange because with no-walls model i could visualy see all candles.
You can see the model from a greater distance then when memory actually gets pawn information, coords, GUID, address and such. So yes you need to be closer to be able to change the coords of the object you want.

I am going to try this as a test, when I get time. Basically it is Rock's teleport but I added in an argument for address of object to "move" instead of just assuming player wants to move.

--=== removed file, not working yet ===--

usage would be something like this

Code: Select all

player:update()
local elemental = GetIdName(113614)
local cecandle = player:findNearestNameOrId(elemental,nil)
if cecandle then
teleport2(player.X +15, Player.Z +15, player.Y, true, cecandle.Address)
end
Might work, might not =)

rock5

#166 Post by rock5 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:52 pm

kkulesza wrote:This is strange because with no-walls model i could visualy see all candles.
Maybe you saw a lot of candles and thought you saw all of them. It's also possible you saw the other candles to open the ghost portals but you were too far away to see the fire effect so it looked like an elemental candlestick.
kkulesza wrote:Yes. We could use same WP file as now, only modify the gathering-candle function so it teleports candle to character instead of teleporting the character to the candle. So all waypoint would be up in the air where no mob will aggro.
Not really. With low level characters I still aggro the mobs even when flying allong the roof. So the path would have to be above the roof if possible to avoid aggro.
lisa wrote:So if we could edit out the roof like we first looked in to this would work really well.
I don't think we will be able to do this as we don't have any software that can edit and save ros files.
lisa wrote:Of course still need to look at moving cadlesticks aswell lol
It will be interresting to see if this is even possible. I guess we could practice with other objects. My guess is if we can move them, we wont be able to click them. What happens with mobs if they look like they are close enough to attack but server side they are out of range? You get a message saying "out of range".
lisa wrote:You can see the model from a greater distance then when memory actually gets pawn information
That doesn't seem right. If you can see them, wouldn't they have to be in memory too?
lisa wrote:teleport2(player.X +15, Player.Z +15, player.Y, false, cecandle.Address)
This looks wrong. You are specifying absolute values so it should be true or nil. You only use "false" when using relative values.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#167 Post by lisa » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:59 pm

rock5 wrote:This looks wrong. You are specifying absolute values so it should be true or nil. You only use "false" when using relative values.
yeah I never looked hard enough at what the absolute was for, so use true instead of false.

Still have no idea if it will work or not, can't test it at the moment.

Code I posted won't work yet.

kanta

#168 Post by kanta » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:33 am

rock5 wrote:Not really. With low level characters I still aggro the mobs even when flying allong the roof. So the path would have to be above the roof if possible to avoid aggro.
Well, if Lisa has it working so that we can teleport above the roof, maybe just adjust my waypoint file Y coords to +30 or 40. Should be far enough to avoid the aggro with low levels and I have the invisible skill casting for each candle collection.
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

lisa

#169 Post by lisa » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:52 am

kanta wrote:Well, if Lisa has it working so that we can teleport above the roof,
Only trouble is I did it by nulifying the entire instance, walls, roof, floor, not the best solution. Need to be able to edit the .ros to do it properly.

kanta

#170 Post by kanta » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:56 am

If I had the money I'd pay for the full version of Machinima Studio. Supposedly you can change the model files and export them. Not sure how much that can be edited/changed though.

rock5

#171 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:35 am

I'm not sure if it can save the ros files though.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#172 Post by lisa » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:37 am

You can export them in the trial but the trouble is we don't want to export it, we want to modify it and then save it.

The exported models are saved in different file types to what we want.

If the programme actually did what we wanted I would happily pay the $20 USD for it but unfortunately it isn't what we want, it could be if the developer wanted it to be but I think they have stopped work on the project anyway.

rock5

#173 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:00 am

The invisibility should be done differently. Instead of waiting for the invisibility to disappear before continuing, it should continue right away. Then, before collecting the next candle, it should check to see if invisiblity is still on cooldown and wait then. Not only do you not waste the invisibility and saves time but I've had it a few times wait for the cooldown at that hard candle and it always gets attacked after the invisibility wears off before the cooldown runs out.

Edit: forgot to say, sometimes it fails to collect the totems. As soon as it starts, the casting bar turns red and it stops. Might just be that we need to add a pause to wait for it to come to a complete stop or add a check to try again.

lisa

#174 Post by lisa » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:11 am

I've been using this when I get to directly above the candle (at roof)

local duration, remaining = RoMScript("GetExtraActionCooldown(1);")
			if not player.Battling then
				if remaining ~= 0 then
					yrest(remaining*1000)
				end
					RoMScript("UseExtraAction(1)")
					yrest(1000)
					teleport(cecandle.X+10,cecandle.Z+10,cecandle.Y + 15) 

rock5

#175 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:18 am

Yes, something like that will do. I think I might make a function to put the player behind the candle in the hope it helps with lower level characters. Should be simple enough to do.

kanta

#176 Post by kanta » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm

I'll see what I can do. It'll be a little later as I have a few things I need to get done before getting involved with the coding though.

rock5

#177 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:24 pm

Here's my function for going behind candle. All it does is go a certain distance from the candle away from the center of the map. I'll do some testing soon.

function behindCoords(_x, _z, _dist)
	-- Calculates new coords _dist distance away prom _x, _z 
	-- in direction away from center of map.

_dist = _dist or 10
	local centerX, centerZ = 3842, 3834

local distanceToCenter = distance(_x, _z, centerX, centerZ)
	local xRatio = (_x-centerX)/distanceToCenter
	local zRatio = (_z-centerZ)/distanceToCenter
	local newX = _x + (_dist * xRatio)
	local newZ = _z + (_dist * zRatio)

return newX, newZ
end

lisa

#178 Post by lisa » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:33 pm

Can't find any programmes that can edit .ros files

Currently I have Autodesk 3DS Max Design 2012 on my PC and it won't even load the file or import them.

Apparently a programme called Dynamite VSP does work on ros files but I can't confirm it as yet.

rock5

#179 Post by rock5 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:00 am

Ok, what I did was add the above function to the onload section. And change "getecandle" like this.

function getecandle()
		if player:findNearestNameOrId(_Elemental) then
			local cecandle = player:findNearestNameOrId(_Elemental)
			local dist = distance(cecandle.X,cecandle.Z,player.X,player.Z)
			local lastpllocx = player.X
			local lastpllocz = player.Z
			local lastpllocy = player.Y
			if cecandle and (40 > dist) then

-- wait for invisibility cooldown then use invisibility
				local duration, remaining = RoMScript("GetExtraActionCooldown(1);")
				if not player.Battling then
					if remaining ~= 0 then
					   yrest(remaining*1000)
					end
					RoMScript("UseExtraAction(1)")
					yrest(1000)
				end

-- goto ecandle
				local behindX, behindZ = behindCoords(cecandle.X, cecandle.Z, 5)
				teleport(behindX, behindZ)	-- teleport to above ecandle
				teleport(nil, nil, cecandle.Y +5)	-- teleport in range to click ecandle

-- click ecandle
				player:target_Object(_Elemental, 5000);
				yrest(1000)

teleport(nil,nil,92)
				yrest(500)
				teleport(lastpllocx,lastpllocz)
			end
		end
	end
Works as expected. Hides behind candle while collecting. In at least 1 occasion I saw a dog just on the other side of the candle and it didn't aggro. This was with one of my 2 level 60 characters. Both Level 60 characters completed it with no issues. I also ran 2 other characters through. A level 54 and level 56. They both collected aggro while traveling along the roof. I even tried changing 92 to 92.25 but it didn't help. I noticed that it flies down the middle of the corridors. I wonder if it would help if it flew along the corners.

I think we have to accept that, as it is, it is for level 60 characters and above only.

Sithlord512589

#180 Post by Sithlord512589 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:51 am

Hi there,

i have a problem.
While using the german client, the script fails to "pickup" any of the elemental candlesticks. Everytime i have to do this manualy.

So i looked up the code and tried to translate the specific parts of it.

But no success for the elemental candlestick.

Now i just used getid to check it and found in my last run three different id for each candlestick.

They were 114117, 114118 and 113614.

For i am a looser in lua (i know it´s easy but anyways) i have request.

Can someone tell how to modify my script to get the "Elementar-Kerzenleuchter" (german word for Elemental candlestick) thing running.

Thanks in advance.

By the way all other parts do as they should.
MAGE 75/ PRIEST 72 (soon 75) / ROUGE 6x
german client, Server Europe
Thankful User of the other peoples mindwork :-)