Ancient Treasures waypoint

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

Re: Ancient Treasures waypoint

#121 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:51 am

No I don't think it does. It's hard to check for it because you may get snapped back after the check. Where it's important for the teleport to succeed you need to take steps to make sure it worked. The steps you take will depend on the waypoint file.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#122 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:58 am

In this case I think it is the doorways causing the issues, I might need to add points to each side of doorway aswell so it doesn't get to doorway and then get stuck and pulled back.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#123 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:38 am

Yeh I'm pretty sure you can't teleport through objects. So those low doorways you will need a waypoint below the arch.

How far can you go with the model files? Are there models for the walls? :D
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#124 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:12 am

rock5 wrote:How far can you go with the model files? Are there models for the walls?
Lol probably

I was using 92 as Y value for majority or points, except doorways, I changed it to 88 and works fine now. I just did a tour of the entire instance and didn't get stuck once =)

Now to start instance and test getting candles with mobs around.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#125 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:09 am

kanta wrote:If you decide you'd like the elemental candlestick coords, I've verified 4 of them:

X_____Z______________________ID

4169 3837 Elemental Candlestick 114117
3873 4097 Elemental Candlestick 114117

3835 3629 Elemental Candlestick 114118
3847 4029 Elemental Candlestick 114118

3676 4124 Elemental Candlestick 113614
3681 3549 Elemental Candlestick 113614

G'night and catch you later.

Code: Select all

<NPC name="Elemental Candlestick" 	id=113614 x="3681.3090820313"  z="3548.6030273438"  y="30.989616394043" zoneid="355"	/>
<NPC name="Elemental Candlestick" 	id=114118 x="3847.3830566406"  z="4029.2739257813"  y="31.034687042236" zoneid="355"	/>
<NPC name="Elemental Candlestick" 	id=114117 x="3872.9689941406"  z="4097.08203125"  y="31.034774780273" zoneid="355"	/>
Had these, only 1 new one I think from your list.

I have no idea why but there is actually 2 zone Id in the instance.

<NPC name="Cave Ghost" 	id=114081 x="3934.3889160156"  z="3527.1220703125"  y="31.030540466309" zoneid="10"	/>
<NPC name="Jade Treasure Chest" 	id=113618 x="3840"  z="3812"  y="49.261276245117" zoneid="10"	/>
<NPC name="Jade Treasure Chest" 	id=113618 x="3827"  z="3812"  y="49.26127243042" zoneid="355"	/>
<NPC name="Jade Treasure Chest" 	id=113618 x="3814"  z="3812"  y="49.26127243042" zoneid="355"	/>
Just seems weird.

kanta

#126 Post by kanta » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:42 pm

If you're making this so low level characters can do it also, the one thing that will help (I think) is that 99% of corners are safe hiding spots. Like where the candles and destiny boxes are. The only one I can remember not working like this is the one candle spot where the dog and knight path close to the wall in the middle candle ring. I can PM you some links of videos I made to show some guild members how to play the game if you'd like. Can't post them out here because they show character names.

Zone 10 is Sascillia Steppes. I wonder why it shows in the mini game?
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

lisa

#127 Post by lisa » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:23 am

What I am doing is actually scanning for the candle and then getting shortest path to the candle, click the candle and do the next. I have it so it casts the invisible before teleporting to each candle, haven't looked at checking if it's off cooldown or not yet, I may just do a timer for it.

So basically you should be invisible while traveling which should mean any lvl can do it safely. It still needs lots of tweaking to make it run supersmooth but the basis is there already.

I haven't had much time to work on it or do much testing as yet, I definately still need to move some points around to be directly above possible candles, that is very important to avoid trying to teleport through walls.

I might try to work in some distance check code for mobs to make it wait until mobs have moved away before moving down to candle to click it.

The method I am using is very fast to get to each candle so there is plenty of time to spare.

rock5

#128 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:12 am

I'm pretty sure you are not going to be able to use invisibility for every candle as there is a cooldown, unless you wait for the cooldown to end.

I'm not sure invisibility will guarantee low level characters will be able to use this script. It has been much reported that invisibility hardly works at all for low level characters. But maybe flying + invisibility will work.

Also remember that a "scan" as you put it, doesn't reach all the way across the map. It probably wont be an issue but it might be theoretically possible that it has already cleared all candles in range and can't detact the one on the other side of the map.

lisa

#129 Post by lisa » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:37 am

rock5 wrote: unless you wait for the cooldown to end.
yeah buff is 15 seconds duration and 30 second cooldown, so u can be invis half the time u are inside instance.
rock5 wrote:I'm not sure invisibility will guarantee low level characters will be able to use this script
Never any garauntees lol
rock5 wrote:Also remember that a "scan" as you put it, doesn't reach all the way across the map.
hmm very true, I didn't take that into concideration, I thought since instance is so small it might get it all but I do recall on a scan I only got 2 of the NPC and there is 6. Might have to think on it some more.

The way I have it set up at the moment it checks for candles in a loop, so it finds nearest 1 and goes to it and clicks it, it then looks for another candle and goes and clicks it. So if the candles are within range to each other then it should be fine.

Issue I have at the moment is this.
not sure why but my check for bit 0x200 isn't working at the moment, it keeps trying to click the same candle =(
Maybe it is checking old info when rescanning area, I'll have to look in to it more.

lisa

#130 Post by lisa » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:33 am

I have been using this, it seems to me it should be getting fresh data when it does the next findnearest as it will be in a new location.

repeat
	local elemental = GetIdName(114117)
	local cecandle = player:findNearestNameOrId(elemental,nil,clickcandle)
	print("found a candle, teleporting to it now")
	local _time
	if cecandle then
		RoMScript("UseExtraAction(1)")
		yrest(1000) -- 1 second cast on invis
		_time = os.time()
		travel(cecandle) -- teleport to candle location
		teleport(cecandle.X,cecandle.Z,cecandle.Y + 20) -- tele to the candle
		player:target_Object(elemental, 6000); -- click candle
		teleport(nil,nil,90) -- get back up to roof
	repeat
		yrest(500)
	until ( os.time() - _time ) > 30 -- let invis skill get off cooldown if needed	
	end
until cecandle == nil
Haven't been able to get a good run tested yet, works great before I start event and no mobs to attack me lol
Had to do lots of troubleshooting the new code aswell.

rock5

#131 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:43 am

I believe for "findNearestNameOrId" to work properly, player:update() needs to be run to update the players coords.

kanta

#132 Post by kanta » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Updated waypoint. New version linked in first post.

rock5

#133 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:16 pm

Tested 0.5. Still collects aggro. Got aggro twice while flying allong roof. It also tried to fight them. It shouldn't do that because it can't. The waypoint type is "TRAVEL" so I'm not sure why it's doing it.

It ignores the mobs while flying along the roof but tryes to engage them when collecting totems or candles.

lisa

#134 Post by lisa » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:08 am

rock5 wrote:It shouldn't do that because it can't. The waypoint type is "TRAVEL" so I'm not sure why it's doing it.
Yeah I had same issue, even though it's travel it still tries to do combat, it's not because ALL skills are dissabled is it?
Can't think of any other reason at this stage.

rock5

#135 Post by rock5 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:19 am

I found the problem. player:target_object checks for aggro but doesn't check for travel. This is a problem because you normally can't collect something while being attacked. So if I have it ignore aggro while collecting then it could be continuously trying to collect something until you die. So I think the way it is at the moment is correct.

I think in the case of ancient treasure you can collect things even though mobs are attacking you (not 100% sure). So you might need your own collect function. Or use player:target_NPC. It has no aggro checks. But it doesn't check for casting so you will have to wait until player.Casting ends.

So,

player:target_NPC(_Elemental)
repeat
   yrest (1000)
   player:update()
until not player.Casting

lisa

#136 Post by lisa » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:20 am

I think in AT any agro and you are pretty much going to die, so even if you are being interupted it won't really matter in the end as you will still die eventually.
Any character with enough HP/def to live through constant attacks in AT would also be high enough lvl to not get the agro in the first place.

rock5

#137 Post by rock5 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:48 am

I don't know. I was surviving long enough I think and there was one point where it moved out of range and the mob stopped attacking it. So it might be possible to collect a candle while being attacked then move out of range of it when going to the next one.

I guess whether you get attacked will depend on your level but whether you can survive attacks will depend on your gear. So if you are heavily geared you might be able to succeed by ignoring attacks.

kanta

#138 Post by kanta » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 am

Yes, if your gear is high enough you can kill the mobs. I have done it, quite by accident the first time. I'm not sure why people are getting aggro. In all my testing I've only gotten aggro once. I adjusted that waypoint a bit and it stopped happening. I'll try to add invisible to that one waypoint, I haven't been successful with it yet though. While you can collect when getting attacked, it's not guaranteed you will not get interrupted and have to start collecting again. Only thing I can think of to do is have it use invisibility to collect candles and wait in the corridors until the skill is available again. As a last resort, I'll have to recode the waypoint with various mob position checks, collecting destiny boxes and somehow checking to see if certain skills are gotten from them, figuring out how to use those skills.... hiding in corners until the mobs reach certain coordinates..... huge undertaking and I'm not sure my ability to code is up to the task.

lisa

#139 Post by lisa » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:52 am

kanta wrote:collecting destiny boxes and somehow checking to see if certain skills are gotten from them, figuring out how to use those skills....
When you get a skill you also get a buff, do a

player:update()
table.print(player.Buffs)
You get a "buff" for every skill on the extra action bar, even though it doesn't show on your interface as an actual buff.

kanta

#140 Post by kanta » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:02 am

I can try, but I really don't have high hopes that I'll be releasing a whole new waypoint with this idea. By the time I finish something like the proposed project, someone with better coding skills will have made something better. I mean, just look how long it took me to get the current version up and running.... And that's not even close to the complexity of what will be needed. Like I said, I'll try but it won't be available any time soon.