What is the best class combo for botting survivability.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
silentdecay01

What is the best class combo for botting survivability.

#1 Post by silentdecay01 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi guys so far i been botting a rogue/scout combo got it to 20 on a pvp server but i notice it dies from time to time (more often then I like) because of to many adds and lack of hp. I'm bran new to rom no money and cant afford to "character out" a low lvl. I think most of my deaths are from pvp but not sure.

Anyway I rather play a good combo for survivability boting and speed as well down the road to solo some bosses/elites

what do you exp players recomend? Lookin for speed and survivability (=

Oh another question how common is being banned by software detetion? I don't plan to bot 24/7

kuripot

Re: What is the best class combo for botting survivability.

#2 Post by kuripot » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:28 pm

silentdecay01 wrote:Hi guys so far i been botting a rogue/scout combo got it to 20 on a pvp server but i notice it dies from time to time (more often then I like) because of to many adds and lack of hp. I'm bran new to rom no money and cant afford to "character out" a low lvl. I think most of my deaths are from pvp but not sure.

Anyway I rather play a good combo for survivability boting and speed as well down the road to solo some bosses/elites

what do you exp players recomend? Lookin for speed and survivability (=

Oh another question how common is being banned by software detetion? I don't plan to bot 24/7

usually they use mage/priest although you need to provide stack of mana pot

MiesterMan

#3 Post by MiesterMan » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:53 pm

Mage/priest is an excellent choice. It has fast, cheap heals for bad situations (make sure you do NOT level up urgent heal, being able to spam it is much more important than the little gain for mana cost). Also, ranged nuke is awsome. Also they have a mana regen skill that can be used fairly often.

On top of which, if you ever reverse the combo, priest/mage can go non-stop without pots indefinately (due to elite skills). Still, the fast killing of the mage/priest side is prefered. You also get a very nice ranged root (lightning) and an aoe stun that can be used in conjunction with an aoe spam macro.

The trick to what you described above is finding areas with non-aggro monsters. If you can't find one for your range then you need to grind below your level to be safe (else you'll never get out of exp debt). The most important thing to upgrade is your weapon, especially if you are melee like a rogue.

If you are new you might consider looking into crafting since you have no money, but don't spend too much time on it. You are better off if you can make a little gold and buy something off the auction house to continue progressing.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:08 pm

M/P can be a very good combo but the only real issue with them is at low levels you use a lot of mana potions and since it's first char on server you don't have much gold to spend on pots.

R/* is a very cheap way to start on new server. Since you play PVP server you could also set up an onskillcast if it detects any players nearby it hits vanish and hide. Then wait for them to leave and then resume farming, that would seriously slow down grinding xp though.

If you need a gold injection you can always do millers for golden eggs for a few days, good idea to check AH first though. If there are hundreds of eggs on AH then the GM's probably don't care about botters on that server. If there are only a few eggs and with a high price then you will probably get banned for botting in millers.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

silentdecay01

#5 Post by silentdecay01 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:16 pm

ty for the tips. I only bot for few hours overnight, I'm more concerent with software detection then player reports(I botted in world of warcraft for 4 years with 0 bans so i'm good at makin private waypoints and not botting 24/7).

I only put a lil product in ah at time so it dont look like i have botted them wait for few to sell then put a few up later.

But what are eggs and where is millers and the lvl req. I got my r/s already to 20 so i can give my mage some gold for pots would be no problem.

thanks alot for all the replies and help
also what skills for mage and priest should i dump tp in early game for botting? I'm so used to mmos with talent trees, this tp thing is new to me

Blyad

#6 Post by Blyad » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:32 pm

for a first bot, i vastly prefer rogue/priest for several reasons.

1. hide

i only pop out of combat to attack mobs, kill loot and go back into hide, masks waypoints and the fact your botting pretty well.

2. Treasure Hunter

increases drop rate so it's a more constant flow of gold and/or dailys

3. Regenerate

many mobs have bleed effects, that eat away at your HP overtime requiring the bot to either rest, or carry hp potions which requires more frequent vendor trips and if your farming dailies or exp/tp that's losing efficiency. a simple regenerate ticking for 90hp a second keeps your HP topped off nicely.

however im allso very fond of priest/warriors due to the heals, massive defense, and how cheap they are to stat (who else uses wis/pa really?) not to mention there playstyle works very well with the bot. downside is, they are so bright and shiny and such a underplayed class on my server players generally try to strike up a conversation with me ^_^

but yes. i would highly suggest a rogue/priest.

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:35 pm

there is no software detection, you will only get banned if reported by someone or a GM notices something you do, like spend 72 hours in millers ranch lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

kuripot

#8 Post by kuripot » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:42 pm

but i can see a bad side in rouge is gold consumption in his dagger because its easy to worn out

silentdecay01

#9 Post by silentdecay01 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:44 pm

ty, what would I have to do in order for bot to use hide after each kill? I don't have vanish yet.

May stick with rogue/scout if hide works well for me (=

Also what are eggs?lol i tried to do a seach on the rom forums but it only show threads about players qqin about egg prices and not exactly what they are lol

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:23 pm

silentdecay01

#11 Post by silentdecay01 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:53 pm

ty what lvl is req?

lisa

#12 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:57 pm

lvl 1 lol

silentdecay01

#13 Post by silentdecay01 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:03 pm

ty, how much is the average price i should sell ( i kno its based on server but give me an average) I'm so use to games with smaller gold number value such has like 1g-20g at starter lvls, this game is 10k gold is like 1g lol so kinda harder for me to get a idea of what stuff is worth with out geting riped off.

my servers ah is rather empty most of the time edit oops i play on indigo

lisa

#14 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:08 pm

price varies far to much to be able to give an idea of price for anything.

I have seen EU servers with 1000's of eggs on AH for 800 each.
Other servers there are only a few eggs on AH for 80k each.

The variation is just far to great to be able to give any advice for prices.

Just get yourself a few eggs and go to AH and pop it in and click history, it will tell you how much they have sold for previously.

kanta

#15 Post by kanta » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:21 am

Keep in mind that the average player manually farming the eggs gets maybe 3 or 4 per hour while the bot can get 4+.
kuripot wrote:but i can see a bad side in rouge is gold consumption in his dagger because its easy to worn out
Not really an issue if you do Malatinas and get the repair hammers.

You need to look into weapon tiering and equipment statting. Low level statting usually involves buying "2 stat" fusion stones and isn't that expensive compared to pure statting. Once you are able to get to level 50 (which isn't difficult if you go to Heffner camp as soon as you receive the ability to teleport there) stat some gear, tier a weapon and begin farming Kalin Shrine in Dust Devil Canyon. At level 50 you can get Phirius Shells from the mini games which will allow you to buy gear/stats from vendors in Varanas. These stats are fairly powerful and if combined with 2 statting, will allow you to farm Kalin pretty easily.
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

lisa

#16 Post by lisa » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:45 am

If I was to start fresh on a server I would probably follow these steps.

Go straight to AH and check price of golden eggs and harvested resources (herb/ore/wood).
If AH price of golden eggs is 10,000+ then I would load up 2-3 chars into millers and run them for a couple of days. So get around 200 eggs. Since new to server if you get banned it's no real loss. If you don't get banned then you have a couple of million gold.

Head to varanas and post in Zone chat you are willing to pay for power lvling to 20/20. It takes me around 40 minutes to power level someone to 20/20.

Thank them and then teleport to heffner, hit the AH for any statted gear you can wear. It will take 1-2 days to get to 50/20.

Do the lvl bag quest run to get your free puris.
Then make sure to do butterfly dailies and cot every day.

Sell the stats and before you know it your established on the server and can power level your own characters.