Problems and Questions

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
jamesbren

Problems and Questions

#1 Post by jamesbren » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi, I am new to both Runes of Magic and your software. I have got the bot set up and running pretty well the main problem I keep running into is with my profiles. When ever I make a loop profile like the directions suggested every time my char gets to the start or end of the profile the char bugs out and the bot says something along the lines of moving to (-134, -8113) and the char just stands there. How can I set it up to do a continues loop of the same profile and I was also wondering if there is a way to make a "Out and Back" type of profile where that the bot starts at one point and runs it course to the furthest point and turns around n runs the same way back ect until I manually stop the bot. I am not worried about people thinking I am botting because I only run the bot when I am around to keep a eye on it. Thanks for some awesome software and directions. I had never used any scripting untill I used this bot and the directions were great.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Problems and Questions

#2 Post by Administrator » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:45 pm

jamesbren wrote:How can I set it up to do a continues loop of the same profile and I was also wondering if there is a way to make a "Out and Back" type of profile where that the bot starts at one point and runs it course to the furthest point and turns around n runs the same way back ect until I manually stop the bot. I am not worried about people thinking I am botting because I only run the bot when I am around to keep a eye on it. Thanks for some awesome software and directions. I had never used any scripting untill I used this bot and the directions were great.
Post your profile and waypoint script, or we can't help you.
jamesbren wrote:How can I set it up to do a continues loop of the same profile and I was also wondering if there is a way to make a "Out and Back" type of profile where that the bot starts at one point and runs it course to the furthest point and turns around n runs the same way back ect until I manually stop the bot.
Run to the 'furthest' point and record the points, then turn around, and run back while still recording the points. Once you get to where you started, save the waypoint script.

jamesbren

#3 Post by jamesbren » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:18 pm

Thanks for the helpful information. I figured out what I was doing wrong and got it all worked out. I just had a couple questions about spells missing for the Knight class. Is there anyway you can tell me how to add in the Whirlwind Shield ablity. I did not see it listed in the spell listings. The same with the spell Mana Return but I assumed that it was just listed in the spell list in the database as Mana Absorbition. Not sure if it is a typo or im just wrong or if they changed the name of spells through out the patches. Thanks alot

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:29 pm

You can add them to database/skills.xml manually. Just use the other entries as an example. It's self explanatory. For skills with specific requirements, it might not be fully implemented. For example, Mana Absorption requires 3 light seals on your target if I remember correctly. That currently doesn't work.

For missing skills, post their description and I'll try adding it to future releases.