Anyone have minigames Waypoints?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
kanta

Re: Anyone have minigames Waypoints?

#141 Post by kanta » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:59 pm

I ran the bot before I went to work so I didn't get a chance to post at that time. I had something odd happen. One tile I broke spawned a mob. Ok, this isn't the odd part. What the problem was is that it broke the tile, teleported to the the next tile while the mob was still spawning then could not attack the target. Kept getting "must face target" errors. Took close to 30 seconds before I was able to "see" it to kill it.
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

rock5

#142 Post by rock5 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:17 pm

I'd say there was a problem with your position updating. Did the mob come across and attack you? The server probably thinks you are still standing at the last tile. Hm... Isn't jumping supposed to update your position or something?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kanta

#143 Post by kanta » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:26 pm

It moved towards an area I hadn't been in for a few tiles. Like maybe 5 or 6 tiles previous to where I currently was. As for how the update/jumping works I really don't know. This whole scripting and whatnot is paramount to magic to me. What little I know is fuzzy and learning it is going slow.

Nero

#144 Post by Nero » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:48 am

Yeah, I can confirm that it happens frequently, I'd say that it's about 1/3 chance for an entire run. Current version was even worse for me in that regard, as it seemed to happen almost every run, so I went back to the previous version that fights back only when attacked - it's less noticeable, although still happens from time to time, and most of my mages get around 90 seconds left when finishing anyway. I thought about some function that would activate if you'd be unable to attack mob for more than 10 seconds, but don't know when I'll get around to do that.

Atlas123

#145 Post by Atlas123 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:59 am

Thanks Lisa, I added the speed userfunction.

Altho this time it didnt manage it, I seems to spend a lot of time hitting the pods, then the mobs, overall hitting them more times than needed? (as it should be a 1 hit kill manually), but I guess that is in line with the previous posts around that.

Also, once all the tiles were uncovered it would not move to harvest the chests, I think it got distracted by a mob from the last tile, it killed the mob but had missed the first chest harvest, which in turn "froze" the character to contine to harvest chests . I tried manually and sometimes it took over but as soon a chest was looted it would not go to the next chest.

Will try again tomorrow

Thanks

lisa

#146 Post by lisa » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:13 am

if you have the swim userfunction just add fly() to before the teleports also make the Y a little more.

Code: Select all

fly()
teleport(tile.X+2,tile.Z+2,18)
You won't get the issue of server thinking you are not where you see yourself. I trialed it for a while with fly and it works but I didn't want to have the WP rely on fly when it doesn't actually need it to complete the event. I have been adjusting coords and height coords to try and negate the issue but it's tricky.
I am sure the key is the Y value.
That is why we had that issue of the cast bar getting inturupted just after teleporting as I had a higher Y value, so it was dropping and interupting cast.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#147 Post by rock5 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:19 am

So you tried standing offset from the middle of the tile?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#148 Post by lisa » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:27 am

yeah I tried +2, +2 and +5,+5 .
Pretty sure all the issues are coming from the Y value.
createpath has Y as being 9, currently I have Y as 11 with teleport and people get stuck, I have tried 18 before without fly and that is when we had that drop down. 11 seems like you get stuck in the tile, which is current issue.

Fly is the easy way around the mess, I just want to get the Y to a point it works so we don't need to use fly. Only benefit from fly is not getting stuck and not dropping down. It doesn't have any other benefit, you still get knocked down from the wand.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#149 Post by rock5 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:43 am

Have you tried a tap of a movement key after teleport.

lisa

#150 Post by lisa » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:06 am

rock5 wrote:Have you tried a tap of a movement key after teleport.
Hmm nope I never tested doing that.
I'll add it to my todo list I guess. I have kinda moved on a bit from this project for a while at the moment. The basis is there, it just needs some tweaking.

Been spending time on the video tutorials I have been posting for finding memory addresses.

Atlas123

#151 Post by Atlas123 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:03 pm

Lisa, your suggestion on the code for fly before teleport worked a treat ^^ now it works on the tiles very well which in turn gives the extra time needed (as attacking all mobs/pods one by one takes time) :)

Thanks again :)

kanta

#152 Post by kanta » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:46 pm

Ya, I had made a suggestion that fly may help with the teleport problem back on page 7, I just wasn't sure where to put it. As for Rock's suggestion of tapping a key, I've been thinking something along the same idea. Sometimes while playing manually, game lag causes players to not see where each others' characters actually are. I've noticed that if you jump, it updates your position to other players and they then see where you actually are. I was thinking about adding a jump command after the teleport commands.

keyboardPress(settings.hotkeys.JUMP.key);
Actually gonna add that in now and I'll update this post with the results.

kanta

#153 Post by kanta » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Think I found something that needs to be added. Seems the guardians that spawn from the mechanisms scale in level depending on the character used. I found the following guardian ID's 101269, 101636, 101640, 101648, 101652, 101644, 102982. All have the same mob names, just different levels.

lisa

#154 Post by lisa » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:53 pm

Are the names the same? because I didn't use Id's for them for that reason.

guardianrockspirit = "Guardian Rock Spirit"
local spawn = player:findNearestNameOrId(guardianrockspirit)

Nero

#155 Post by Nero » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:33 am

It might not be as simple as just pushing space once - when, for some reason, I had to take over manually, it has sometimes pulled me back to the very beginning of 'teleport chain', so that pullback is really random. Worth trying, but I don't think it's that simple.

Oh, and if anyone got a problem with harvesting chests - it's caused every time from either some mob or a bomb that interrupts you when you try to open first chest. I've just made one more waypoint after finishing tiles to the middle of the room with type="RUN" before the bot will start harvesting chests, and never have any problems with it anymore

@kanta - name stays the same, shouldn't be a problem. If you want to use ID for some reason, are those mobs with lower lvl relevant? I thought that it's mostly about shells, not the other things you get, so all characters will be 50 at least

Oh, I forgot - as weird as it sounds, it seems that bot fails to recognize, when your character is dead. It keeps trying to teleport around or casting spells even after ~30 sec after death. Can anyone confirm?

lisa

#156 Post by lisa » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:58 am

Nero wrote:Oh, I forgot - as weird as it sounds, it seems that bot fails to recognize, when your character is dead. It keeps trying to teleport around or casting spells even after ~30 sec after death. Can anyone confirm?
yes, that is more then likely because it is in a loop in the onload and I never added any checks for if dead. Could probably add in a

player:update() 
player:checkSkills(true);

kanta

#157 Post by kanta » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:59 am

Nero wrote:@kanta - name stays the same, shouldn't be a problem. If you want to use ID for some reason, are those mobs with lower lvl relevant? I thought that it's mostly about shells, not the other things you get, so all characters will be 50 at least
I only noticed because I brought in a lower level character to test some coding changes. I'm so used to doing things by ID just in case I share a file with a non english client user.

Jellenser

#158 Post by Jellenser » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:22 am

i testet the wp with 5 chars and the start always looks fine it teleports around the field fast and kill the traps but not the elementars who apers then.. and then if he go to dig the plates and it always interupted by them. so i was never able to finish it within the time.

i used the v2.2 . do i make soimething wrong?

lisa

#159 Post by lisa » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:58 am

Line 8 of version 2.2 has this

guardianrockspirit = "Guardian Rock Spirit" -- change name with language here, id doesn't work at the moment.
You need to change the name to be exactly how the name appears for you.
For some reason Id doesn't work, had many issues with trying to use Id's for them.

rock5

#160 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:06 am

lisa wrote:For some reason Id doesn't work, had many issues with trying to use Id's for them.
Probably because there are numerous. This might work.

guardianrockspirit = {101269,101636,101640,101644,101648,101652,102982}