opening more than one client at the same time

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
kx9488

opening more than one client at the same time

#1 Post by kx9488 » Sun May 22, 2011 2:03 am

does anyone know if there is a way to be able to quickly open instances of RoM without having to open them one by one and click "start game" on each before you are able to open the next?

for instance... the way micromacro opens, you can double click it untill you have enough windows, you cannot do that with RoM, or is there a way?

as is... you will get the error "Already exists" "Clientupdte.exe now running"
(it is actually misspelled in the error dialog box like that^)

i guess what i am asking, is there a way to clone the launcher and edit out the check for updates, or the need for "Clientupdte.exe" to launch, basically bringing the window directly to the TOS page

and/or

make it so the screen hits "start game" on its own

it doesn't seem like that much of a hastle but when opening 15 or more clients the extra waiting adds up.

lisa

Re: opening more than one client at the same time

#2 Post by lisa » Sun May 22, 2011 4:06 am

just change your shortcut, add this to the target
NoCheckVersion
so looks like this

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Runes of Magic\Client.exe" NoCheckVersion
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Giram

#3 Post by Giram » Sun May 22, 2011 4:16 am

That's nice. It skips loader and goes straight to login screen. Not even asking windows permission to start anymore.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Sun May 22, 2011 5:55 am

Now I think about it there are probably a lot of things like this that I just take for granted but others might not know about =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Administrator
Site Admin

#5 Post by Administrator » Sun May 22, 2011 10:23 am

lisa wrote:Now I think about it there are probably a lot of things like this that I just take for granted but others might not know about =)
Like the naked men you have tied up in your basement.

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:48 am

lisa wrote:just change your shortcut, add this to the target
NoCheckVersion
so looks like this

Except this doesn't always work for me. The first time I tried it, it didn't work. Then after awhile I tried it again and it worked. Why I don't know. Then after I reinstalled windows, it stopped working.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Administrator
Site Admin

#7 Post by Administrator » Sun May 22, 2011 11:36 am

rock5 wrote:
lisa wrote:just change your shortcut, add this to the target
NoCheckVersion
so looks like this

Except this doesn't always work for me. The first time I tried it, it didn't work. Then after awhile I tried it again and it worked. Why I don't know. Then after I reinstalled windows, it stopped working.
I think that has to do with the start path. If you simply create a batch file to run it like that, it won't work. Shortcuts are the only way I've gotten it to work (but I could probably write a program to launch it in the same way; just that seems kind of pointless). I'm not really sure what else could be different.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Sun May 22, 2011 8:33 pm

What I tried was always with shortcuts.

Actually it would be interesting to have a program that you could set up to auto start a number of clients and keep an eye on them. If a client crash then it could close it and restart it. Maybe it could also auto start a bot for each and load profiles and paths. Then if the client crashes it could restart it, close the associated bot and restart the bot.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

kx9488

#9 Post by kx9488 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:05 am

rock5 wrote:What I tried was always with shortcuts.

Actually it would be interesting to have a program that you could set up to auto start a number of clients and keep an eye on them. If a client crash then it could close it and restart it. Maybe it could also auto start a bot for each and load profiles and paths. Then if the client crashes it could restart it, close the associated bot and restart the bot.
Thank you :)

i tried it, and it does not work for me though :(

i use to play Diablo II LOD and it is a full screen game, i remember putting -w after the target to play in windowed mode, for some reason that too was sketchy and didn't work some of the times.

i have tried different compatibility modes, and run as admin, not sure why it doesn't work.

lmk if you do make a program i would love this, even a simple one that emulates "NoCheckVersion"

Administrator
Site Admin

#10 Post by Administrator » Tue May 24, 2011 1:25 pm

rock5 wrote:What I tried was always with shortcuts.

If I get some time (and remember), I'll write up a service that'll monitor RoM windows, re-start dead clients and paired MicroMacro copy, and automatically start the botting process. It'll take a bit of work on the bot scripts to get them to play nice, but it is definitely possible.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Wed May 25, 2011 4:30 am

Administrator wrote:
rock5 wrote:If I get some time (and remember), I'll write up a service that'll monitor RoM windows, re-start dead clients and paired MicroMacro copy, and automatically start the botting process. It'll take a bit of work on the bot scripts to get them to play nice, but it is definitely possible.
That would be great. Why would the bot need to be changed "to play nice"? Wouldn't the bot not care if the client was started by a person or a script?

Administrator
Site Admin

#12 Post by Administrator » Wed May 25, 2011 1:24 pm

It would need to automatically attach to the newly created instance without the user having to select it, and we would need it to log the user in.

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:15 pm

I was just thinking about batch starting micro macro. I forgot you still need to select the client window.

Administrator
Site Admin

#14 Post by Administrator » Thu May 26, 2011 12:07 pm

I can get the game client to open without any problem (now that I've worked the bugs out). The roadblock here is the login system. I know some of you use some sort of autologin script, but how would that work with multiple accounts?

Edamh

#15 Post by Edamh » Thu May 26, 2011 11:01 pm

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but on the topic of opening multiple clients, which would have a greater improvement on performance: increased RAM (currently at 4GB -- 3.25GB usable since 32bit Win7) or better graphics card (currently using an ATI Radeon 2600XT)? I can run two clients concurrently but attempting to run a third client slows everything down to a grinding halt and/or crashes one of the currently running clients, especially if in a large city e.g. Varanas, Dalanis, or even just Logar etc. Am on an Athlon II X4 630 processor-based system.

Again, sorry for the thread-hijack, but would appreciate any pointers especially from those that successfully run multiple clients simultaneously.

Giram

#16 Post by Giram » Thu May 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Check your task manager (ctrl + alt + del) if you need more ram or better processor. When you start all clients and see that either of those are near 100% then you know what is needed. If you need more ram then you need 64bit operating system.

Also in some cases you could try removing UI by ctrl + z. There are places where this will work and some situations are messed up. Like on miller ranch that works for me but when selling items it didn't work well. Moving through teleports will at somepoint crash your client so its more safe to run in same area and where is low population.

Administrator
Site Admin

#17 Post by Administrator » Fri May 27, 2011 9:53 am

You will probably need more RAM and to upgrade to a 64-bit OS.

rock5

#18 Post by rock5 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:43 am

Administrator wrote:I can get the game client to open without any problem (now that I've worked the bugs out). The roadblock here is the login system. I know some of you use some sort of autologin script, but how would that work with multiple accounts?
Yeh, that could be a problem. How many autologin type addons are out there? There's our autologin which should work pretty much the same as the original. There's the one I'm using now by McBen on curse.com. It has one-click login and character selection which I like so I don't have to wait for the character selection screen. This one would require you to enter the character name at the login screen or delete it so you can select at the selection screen.

You would have to somehow check and handle different login addons. Although you could start with the default login (which I think should work with our autologin) and add others as they are requested. How do you handle the login at the moment anyway? How does it enter names, passwords and select characters?

Administrator
Site Admin

#19 Post by Administrator » Fri May 27, 2011 12:34 pm

It doesn't. Yet. All the code is just for prototyping so far.

As of right now, I've got the code to launch the game and track it's progress, and some more code that'll enter the login information. I'm not sure how I'll handle the rest of it.

Administrator
Site Admin

#20 Post by Administrator » Tue May 31, 2011 10:46 am

I'm kind of stuck at this point. I still haven't figured out a way to fully automate the login and character selection without the need of an addon. Any ideas?