Game closing?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Game closing?

#1 Post by rock5 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:38 am

This has happened to me a couple of times now. The first time I thought it had something to do with the server going down for maintenance but now it happened again.

What happens is I get my egg script running then leave for a few hours. When I get back I find the client has closed with no error message.

Has this happened to anyone else? I can't imagine how the game closes with no error message.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

WhiteTiger

Re: Game closing?

#2 Post by WhiteTiger » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:52 pm

the only reason i can come up with is that either the bot auto-logs cuz it lags and get stuck or that ur computer goes into sleep mode and close the game

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:11 pm

I've never known tha game to shut down just because it looses it's connection. That seems a bit excessive anyway. As far as I know, if it has communication problems then it drops to the login screen only.

I don't use sleep mode on my pc.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:02 pm

I've had this happen several times in the last few weeks, I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what is happening though.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

M4gm4

#5 Post by M4gm4 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:28 pm

i have the same problem since 2 weeks ,,
i come back .. and 1 or 2 or 3 clients are closed,,
sometimes without error msg ,, sometimes with error "can not read memory bla bla blubb"
atm i run only 2 clients , to get not out of the game,, so i think the prob is, with more then 2 clients
(notebook has 3giga ram)
I use the google translator, so do not be surprised if my english is funny

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:50 pm

For me it happened with only 1 client running.

WhiteTiger

#7 Post by WhiteTiger » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:54 pm

happened to me yesterday btw. Got a windows message that the game had stopped working, you know cuz the program isnt responding, and then the game closed. could be that

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:03 pm

WhiteTiger wrote:happened to me yesterday btw. Got a windows message that the game had stopped working, you know cuz the program isnt responding, and then the game closed. could be that
That's what I'd expect if the game has crashed or something but what I was describing is that the game closes with no error dialogs popping up. The only error message is the one in the micromacro window about not being able to read memory which is to be expected if the game has closed.

kx9488

#9 Post by kx9488 » Sun May 01, 2011 3:16 pm

have any of your accts been suspended on your mac or ip and does this only happen when you are on the ranch?

because this was happening to new chars i made before i changed my mac+ip, after a massive account suspensions on all my previous ranch bots. since the ip+mac change this hasn't happened.

you said that you only use one, they might be targeting your ip to see how many clients log off after extended periods on the ranch... that's what i suspected was going on with mine, because when it happned to me they all got suspended (i had 10+ clients going), maybe because you only use one they don't take action?

all speculation here,

anyway the mac + ip change fixed this for me, if you aren't getting suspended accts then this might not be it, i would change mac + ip anyway though to see what happens.

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Sun May 01, 2011 3:22 pm

It's happened 3 times in total now. No, I've never been suspended. I'm not sure if it was always on the ranch or not. I'll take note of that next time. It was never after an extended period, more like an hour or 2.

So when you got suspended, did the game shut down with no error message?

lisa

#11 Post by lisa » Mon May 02, 2011 1:53 am

I've never been suspended and this was happening to me, I had 4 bots running for the last 48 hours and it hasn't happened. Like I said I just can't pin point the cause.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#12 Post by lisa » Mon May 02, 2011 9:32 pm

Ok something to look out for when you have this happen, check how long your internet connection has been active.

I noticed today my net dropped out and the RoM I had botting completely closed but the ones not botting just went to the login screen. Hope this helps to narrow down the issue.

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:01 pm

lisa wrote:the RoM I had botting completely closed but the ones not botting just went to the login screen.
That's interesting. That implies it's the bot closing it down. I'll have a look into it.

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:12 pm

I can only see 1 place that the bot closes the client and that is when you have reached max unstick trials and you have CLOSE_WHEN_STUCK equal to true in your profile. This is obviously not the case with this problem because there are no unstick messages.

Anyway it happened to me again yesterday for the 4th time and I was not running a bot. I was trying to find some memory addresses with Cheat Engine.

So I'm still lost.

lisa

#15 Post by lisa » Tue May 03, 2011 1:31 am

Yep exact same thing again, I can easily recreate now just by unplugging the network cable. The botting RoM is completely killed, with just a memory read error in MM, while non botting RoM just goes to the account login screen

Code: Select all

3:23pm - C:/micromacro/scripts/rom/functions.lua:520: bad argument #1 to 'memory
ReadUInt' ((null))

adonisz

#16 Post by adonisz » Tue May 03, 2011 10:21 am

I'm getting the memory thing too and I can't bot for more than an hour or so because the game closes on its own.......
so I guess there's no fix to this?

lisa

#17 Post by lisa » Wed May 04, 2011 4:55 am

In order to fix it we need to pinpoint the issue, so unless we find what is causing it then it will be difficult to fix

rock5

#18 Post by rock5 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:16 am

I think there is only one command in the bot that closes the client. That's line 2672 of player.lua

Code: Select all

os.execute("TASKKILL /PID " .. PID .. " /F");
We could put a print message before it to see if it's being executed.

On second thought I don't think it's being executed because if it was it would print "Runes of Magic process successfully closed".

lisa

#19 Post by lisa » Wed May 04, 2011 7:39 am

I'm pretty sure the bot isn't closing RoM client, it is happening for other reasons

adonisz

#20 Post by adonisz » Wed May 04, 2011 11:16 pm

Maybe there's something wrong with micromacro? My characters are just automatically logging themselves because rombot is saying memoryreadbyte, or no valid keys availble, or pawn issues...