help with bot running wild

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
mayainverse

help with bot running wild

#1 Post by mayainverse » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:30 am

<option name="WANDER_RADIUS" value="500" />
<option name="WAYPOINT_DEVIATION" value="0" />

i got these options but bot will go way off way points. it will see a gathernode or mob and run to it. then it will see another after that, then another and soon it is super far off course and when it trys to go back will get stuck like on an entire mountain since it went so far away. also how can i beter make it so it doesnt get stuck on trees.

jduartedj

Re: help with bot running wild

#2 Post by jduartedj » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:20 am

Maybe you want the mob combat distance?

Code: Select all

<option name="COMBAT_DISTANCE"    value="150" />
what your value here?
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

mayainverse

#3 Post by mayainverse » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:08 am

its 300. but I dont see how that option would make this happen. also is with gathering. but i am not having that trouble now that im in less mob pack area. I saw someone else post a thread how to stop getting the mob buffs but my bot never gets them Oo how i make it so it picks them up. thank you.

jduartedj

#4 Post by jduartedj » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:53 am

It picks the "buffs", which in fact are called sigils, by default.
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

mayainverse

#5 Post by mayainverse » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:36 pm

i don't see how it does it by default when it never ever picks them up. when i see a "good buff" when im alt tabed doing something I have to fight the bot for control to inch my way to the buff toget it. but never has it got them byitself.

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:31 pm

If you have loot set to true it picks them up by default, if you have loot set to false then it assumes you don't want to go near corpses and therefore doesn't pick up the buffs.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

mayainverse

#7 Post by mayainverse » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:23 pm

I have looting on. it loots fine. just never gets the sigils.

and I got another question. not sure if i should open a new thread or not but here it goes.
sometimes the bot will fail to use a buff is there anyway instead of having it press the button once every X-min that it instead checks if the buff is active onmyself if not cast buff?

<onSkillCast><![CDATA[
player:updateBuffs("player")
if player.Class1 == CLASS_ROGUE then
if not player:Buff("Enhanced Armor") then
player:cast(KNIGHT_ENHANCED_ARMOR);
end
else
if not player:Buff("Lion's Protection") then
player:cast("ROGUE_LIONS_PROTECTION");
end
end
]]></onSkillCast>

is this how it is? i pretty much look all over forums and copy paste stuff together but I get an errow from "Buff returns a nill value" and "hasBuff returns a nill value"

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:52 pm

mayainverse wrote:I have looting on. it loots fine. just never gets the sigils.
Getting the sigils is part of the loot function so if it is looting it should also get the sigils. If it's working for everyone else it should be working for you, unless you're running an older version or got a conflict when updating.
mayainverse wrote:and I got another question. not sure if i should open a new thread or not but here it goes.
sometimes the bot will fail to use a buff is there anyway instead of having it press the button once every X-min that it instead checks if the buff is active onmyself if not cast buff?

<onSkillCast><![CDATA[
if not player:Buff("Enhanced Armor") then
end
else
if not player:Buff("Lion's Protection") then
end
end
]]></onSkillCast>

is this how it is? i pretty much look all over forums and copy paste stuff together but I get an errow from "Buff returns a nill value" and "hasBuff returns a nill value"
Firstly. you should be putting code withing code tags.

This line,

player:Buff("Lion's Protection")
is treating 'Buff' as a function when in fact is a variable in a table. What you meant was

player.Buff["Lion's Protection"]
I think that should work.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

mayainverse

#9 Post by mayainverse » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:11 am

tried i still get error i used both "Buff" and "hasBuff" still returns nil

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:23 am

mayainverse wrote:tried i still get error i used both "Buff" and "hasBuff" still returns nil
It's strange, I don't see your code using hasBuff but i guess that's the function you want to use. Also i think it's supposed to be 'player.Buffs', not 'player.Buff'. Sorry.

Anyway, try this,

<onSkillCast><![CDATA[
         		if not player:hasBuff("Enhanced Armor") then
         		end
      		else
         		if not player:hasBuff("Lion's Protection") then
         		end
      		end
	]]></onSkillCast>
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

mayainverse

#11 Post by mayainverse » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:19 pm

that was the first one I tried and didnt work. then i tried removing the "has" didnt work. and i tried both with "has" and without has by replacing ":" with "." didnt work always returns nill

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:24 pm

mayainverse wrote:that was the first one I tried and didnt work. then i tried removing the "has" didnt work. and i tried both with "has" and without has by replacing ":" with "." didnt work always returns nill
What exactly is the error when using my example?

mayainverse

#13 Post by mayainverse » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:36 pm

xxxxx/player.lua:512: onSkillCast error:
[string "..."]:4 attempt to call method 'hasBuff' (a nil value)

then it brings me back to command line

mayainverse

#14 Post by mayainverse » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:36 am

trying to run that egg script also and i get a nil value returned also and bot resets as well.

rock5

#15 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:04 am

mayainverse wrote:xxxxx/player.lua:512: onSkillCast error:
[string "..."]:4 attempt to call method 'hasBuff' (a nil value)

then it brings me back to command line
I'm guessing you are using an older version of the rombot as line 512 of player.lua, for me, is part of the old commented out harvest function.

Also that error indicates that hasBuff is not recognized as a valid function, but it is. Have a look in pawn.lua and see if you can find the CPawn:hasBuff function.

mayainverse

#16 Post by mayainverse » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:57 am

i dont see how i could be using old version just today i had downloaded from that top thread.
this is what i get

function CPawn:hasBuff(buff)
	if self.Address == player.TargetPtr then
		self:updateBuffs("target")
	else
		self:updateBuffs("player")
	end
	local bool = (self.Buffs[buff] ~= nil) -- exists or not, true or false
	local count = (self.Buffs[buff] or 0) -- Buff count or 0
	return bool, count
end

rock5

#17 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:55 pm

mayainverse wrote:i dont see how i could be using old version just today i had downloaded from that top thread.
If you are just using the download, that is way out of date. The only way i know to have an up-to-date version is to use TortoiseSVN or similar software. If you are not using it I suggest you do.

I wish the Administrator would remove that download and just require people to use svn. The download just causes problems.

Administrator
Site Admin

#18 Post by Administrator » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:28 pm

rock5 wrote:
mayainverse wrote:i dont see how i could be using old version just today i had downloaded from that top thread.
If you are just using the download, that is way out of date. The only way i know to have an up-to-date version is to use TortoiseSVN or similar software. If you are not using it I suggest you do.

I wish the Administrator would remove that download and just require people to use svn. The download just causes problems.
Or just needs to be kept up to date. I haven't been uploading any new packages because of all the new features we've been adding and the patched which have broken some things. Now that things appear to be pretty stable again, I've uploaded a new package.

rock5

#19 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:20 pm

Administrator wrote:Or just needs to be kept up to date. I haven't been uploading any new packages because of all the new features we've been adding and the patched which have broken some things. Now that things appear to be pretty stable again, I've uploaded a new package.
I don't know, I still down like it. Isn't there anyway for people who don't want to use svn to just be able to download the files off the svn repository? You can look at these files using a web browser but there's no way to download them. It would save you having to keep that link upto date and avoid problems when it isn't.

I suspect maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

mayainverse

#20 Post by mayainverse » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:54 pm

well I got svn did clean install and egg script is working like a charm(dam awsome) but this script still doesnt work this time isntead of saying "buff" returns nill its the updatebuff that returns nil.

also bot refusessssss to target ether neutral mobs or mobs that are too low level that the game turns them neutral.

so for example these foxes where like 12 lvls below me they are red but they wont ever agro you if you run in front. bot wont target these. bot does not target any yellow mobs. and will only target mobs that have ability to agro you (will target though even if they are not currently agroed on you iguess its just i f they have the ability)

didnt have this problem before