[Tutorial] Finding pointers & offsets (ArtMoney)

You can find tutorials and ask questions about memory editing here. You may also post any game-specific information you find (ie. cheat tables or addresses).
Administrator
Site Admin

[Tutorial] Finding pointers & offsets (ArtMoney)

#1 Post by Administrator » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:20 pm

Step 1
First start by finding the current address of whatever you want to find the pointer + offset to. For this example, lets use HP. Once you have found the address, move it over into the right table in ArtMoney. This is done by select the address on the left, and clicking the red arrow button.

Step 2
Now, right click it, and go to More -> Search -> Pointer to beginning of memory block. Now click OK. Once it finishes searching, click OK again.
artmoney_ptr_1.PNG
Step 3
This step will return potentially thousands of addresses. Exit and restart the game. Make sure you re-select the game's process. Now you're going to Filter for the value of your HP (You should still be searching pointers--so don't change any of the settings for filter; just the value). Click OK and let it search.
artmoney_ptr_2.PNG
Repeat step 3, beginning with restarting the game each time, until you have located the exact pointer.

Step 4
You now have located the right pointer. Move this, now, into the right table by selecting it on the left, and moving it with the red arrow button. Right click on this new address, and select Edit. You'll see something like this: Pointer 0x20F2910 + 296. This is your pointer and offset. This address will not be effected by restarting the game.
artmoney_ptr_3.PNG

Re: [Tutorial] Finding pointers & offsets

#2 Post by Guest » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:33 pm

thanks for the tut :mrgreen:

some206

#3 Post by some206 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:47 pm

thanks for takeing ur time to make this cool tut

also i found the pointers & offsets for shaiya

HP 0210A880+296

MP 0210A880+308

SP 0210A880+312

tell me if i did it wrong since frist time doing it

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:56 pm

These look mostly correct for Shaiya. In fact, Ploxasaurus has posted related pointers and offsets on MPC and the CE forums in the same memory block.

gdwgdw

#5 Post by gdwgdw » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:35 pm

can u give me the link that the related pointers and offsets on MPC and the CE forums in the same memory block.

Administrator
Site Admin

#6 Post by Administrator » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:20 am

EDIT: After reading your other post, I actually understood what you were even looking for. But I do not have an answer for you. It really depends on how the game is made. It could prove problematic to actually find a pointer to a targeted monster.

nooberz

#7 Post by nooberz » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:31 pm

wow very helpful tutorial for a newb like me, btw im having a problem finding the delay of atk in shaiya, anyone who is pro in finding the memory address, im asking you kindly to help me T_T after searching for hrs i gave up, hoping somebody here can help me, or a simple hint where can i find it. thnx

Administrator
Site Admin

#8 Post by Administrator » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:19 am

I'm not really sure why you would want to find that, since it's server sided and you can't cast skills faster than the server allows. Or do you just mean attack speed? That doesn't work well, either. It appears to be working, but you actually don't do that much damage.

3cmSailorfuku

#9 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:14 am

nooberz wrote:wow very helpful tutorial for a newb like me, btw im having a problem finding the delay of atk in shaiya, anyone who is pro in finding the memory address, im asking you kindly to help me T_T after searching for hrs i gave up, hoping somebody here can help me, or a simple hint where can i find it. thnx
You equip weapons with different atk speeds and search for a changed value.

Mesosmagnet

#10 Post by Mesosmagnet » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:37 am

NOSTALE(GLOBAL)

after repeating step 3 thirteen times I managed to reduce the amount of adresses from 5000+ to 4310 addresses. BUT after that no matter how many times i try (tried 8 times) the number of addresses wont go down. Is there any other way to reduce the number of addresses/pointers. I have tried changing maps and it did reduce the number by a few at the beginning..but after 4310 it refused to reduce the number of pointers/addresses i get.

Is there any other way to be able to set my script so that it will use potions when my characters HP goes down? Maybe by the color of the HP bar? or the number?

Administrator
Site Admin

#11 Post by Administrator » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:21 am

Is there any other way to reduce the number of addresses/pointers.
Read this post to see how it's done in Cheat Engine. It's not as simple, but it's effective. I'm still in the process of writing a proper tutorial, so if this confuses you, then just wait till you see the new tutorial added to the memory hacking section of the forum.

Is there any other way to be able to set my script so that it will use potions when my characters HP goes down? Maybe by the color of the HP bar? or the number?
Yes, this would work, but it's not very effective. The problem is that it highly depends on the users settings and/or hardware. If another person has even a slight variation in the color being displayed, it makes the code garbage. The same thing can be said if the user moves the HP bar around (if it's in a static position), or if it displays above the monsters head (you can never really guess where it will be on the screen), or if an alpha channel is involved. Reading from the memory is the most effective way to accomplish this.