warning error

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
pugzilla

warning error

#1 Post by pugzilla » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:48 pm

hi guys been a while since i been on here went to update the bot and use it and i get this error.

WARNING: Error opening log file.
MicroMacro v1.05.207
SolarStrike Software
http://www.solarstrike.net
Please enter the script name to run.
Type in 'exit' (without quotes) to exit.
Script>

ive ran the rom-bot/gitupdate then when i run rom-bot/bot i get this

Installing userfunctions.
We read the hotkey settings from your bindings.txt file C:\Users\John\My Documents\Runes of Magic\bindings.txt instead of using the settings.xml file.
2021-08-18 13:44:58 - ...s/John/Desktop/micromacro1/scripts/rom-bot/functions.lua:2945: attempt to index local 'file' (a nil value)

if anyone can point me to the issue that would be great

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: warning error

#2 Post by Administrator » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:25 am

My guess is that it is because you don't have the cache directory in the rom-bot folder. It should have been created for you when you ran the gitupdate script, but who knows what happened. I just pushed up a fix that'll make sure that directory exists at startup.
Alternatively, you can just create a new folder named "cache" inside the rom-bot directory and you should be good to go.

pugzilla

#3 Post by pugzilla » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:43 am

thanks for the reply. but i located the folder you as mentioned and it was in the rom-bot folder. so i removed it and ran rom-bot/gitupdate again. it says up to date and re-adds that folder but it still remains with the same error

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:07 am

It could be caused by user permissions or anti-virus software you are using; it seems like something is blocking the program's ability to open files for writing.
Where are you storing your files?

pugzilla

#5 Post by pugzilla » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:34 pm

thanks it was as simple as runing in admin lol. i never had to do that in the past i dont know why i didnt try that ....

thanks!