running fixaddress

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
richboy4865

running fixaddress

#1 Post by richboy4865 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:48 am

2 versions back of rom bot you had it get new addresses but the latest you seem to have removed that. I'm now sure if it the speed or version of windows but I seem to have a problem when starting rom/bot running. there is not much mention of this recently but in the past there was some incidence of this.
It seems to occur when I change to some zones I almost always have to run fixaddress.

The other problem it seems it timing. I will have to start it many times before it actually runs
rom/bot
fail
rom/bot
fail
rom/bot
. . .
sucess
This is not new it has been happening for couple years but seems worse since I got a a little faster machine. I don't have a clue were to look or id try to help debug it.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: running fixaddress

#2 Post by Administrator » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:34 am

Please try grabbing a fresh, clean copy of the latest scripts from here:
https://github.com/SolarStrike-Software ... master.zip

Extract and copy/paste those over your existing files -- overwrite all. The address update script only tries to locate changed addresses based on patterns but some of the game updates change what those patterns are so you need to occasionally do a full update like this.

Does doing this fix the issue for you? If not, please reply with more details.
It seems to occur when I change to some zones I almost always have to run fixaddress.
I know this might seem obvious, but what exactly do you mean when you say you change zones? Which zones are you moving between, and how are you doing so -- walking, teleporting via NPC/portal, something else? And when you say you have to run fixaddress, does this mean you stop the script and run

Code: Select all

rom/addrupdate
in order to resume using the scripts?

The other problem it seems it timing. I will have to start it many times before it actually runs
rom/bot
fail
rom/bot
fail
rom/bot
. . .
sucess
This is not new it has been happening for couple years but seems worse since I got a a little faster machine.
That's a new one to me as well. Seems to start up flawlessly for me, 100% of the time, and I don't think it has to do with machine speed. I've got one of the fastest CPUs available on the market in the machine I use to dev and test the RoM bot scripts. If anything, I think it would come down to ASLR. What could be happening is one of the pointer chains (presumably the game_root base address) is unstable and just so happens to occasionally line up correctly. I know that seems like nonsense, but I've seen it happen before numerous times.

In order to better understand what's going on here, can you provide a copy of the full output of those various failures? It would be best to attach a copy of the log.txt, but I would also accept a copy directly out of the MicroMacro console window.

Onche

Re: running fixaddress

#3 Post by Onche » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:23 am

We got two updates yesterday and today. By downloading the latest copy of rombot and using a rom/addrupdate command, it works fine, at least for me