where should i start if i want to make bot !!

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Nobe_Alert

where should i start if i want to make bot !!

#1 Post by Nobe_Alert » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:43 am

there is alot of knowldge here idk where to look to learn reverse engineering or/and to know how to wrtie in xml first , we use tags in xml that just right ?, is there is special tags of the game i thought it writen in c++ , what is waypoint btw ... should i start in wiki and read all stuff and tons of function that idk how i will use ? , i Assume everyone should know pointers and offset manipulation to make there own bot if its new .. im sorry i have alot of qusetions @@"

so i will tell you what i want and if u could clarifie how i should implemnt it because i dont have any idea .

there is a boss named "raichika the destroyer" i need to kill and loot and exit the dungeon It is in Ystra Labyrinth --> Royals' Refuge at the end of it if u wondring where he exist

we can enter and kill him and go to circle it will transport us to dungeon entrance and it needs red feather to each time we enter it aks us if to confirm it, and the feather can be found from monster around np with finiding it...

i think is is very easy to make but i dont know which info i need to use :(

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: where should i start if i want to make bot !!

#2 Post by Administrator » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:44 pm

MicroMacro is written in C++, but you will certainly not need to know or write any C++ yourself. The RoM bot scripts are written in Lua. In order to write an advanced waypoint script, it definitely helps to know a bit about the syntax, but isn't strictly required. The waypoint scripts themselves are XML files. Very simple to understand and work with.

Here's a link to the wiki page for waypoints: https://solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php/ ... point_file

So what you'll want to do is use the waypoint creation tool (run rom-bot/createpath) and place a waypoint at each location you need to do an action at (enter the portal/door to enter, for example) or move through (navigate the dungeon). For your cases, you'll want to navigate to the boss and then return to the entrance and exit the dungeon so that you would return back to where you had started (so that it can be looped over). Save your waypoint script using the hotkey defined in the waypoint creation tool.

Now open up the waypoint script in a text editor. You will want to modify the waypoints you need to do an action at. For example, your first waypoint will be the enter dungeon action, so you'll want to insert some commands to do that. I don't know exactly what the commands to do that are so hopefully someone else can speak up to that. That is, your first waypoint in the script would end up being something like:

Code: Select all

<waypoint x="0" y="0" z="0">
    RoMScript("EnterTheDungeon()");
</waypoint>
Your last waypoint (once you have exited the dungeon) will then be similar, except you'll call a different command(s?) to reset the dungeon.