why do I switch equipment

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
extremeuser

why do I switch equipment

#1 Post by extremeuser » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:38 pm

Just realized that some of my bots have switched their full modded items and replaced with a normal item they picked up, naturally not realizing this until now when I realized their stats are too low. Extremely frustrating as I have now lost these items, 5m+ per item. Any chance this can be disabled? Or maybe I need to use that item lock in cash shop. They were prevent hijack, and some costumes

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: why do I switch equipment

#2 Post by Administrator » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:01 pm

I've never heard of this happening. What items were they? What happened to the items? When does it equip them?

extremeuser

#3 Post by extremeuser » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Not sure when, I was away for a couple of hours. But its happened to 2 alts. One I picked up on, was the weapon, figured was just a bug, checked other char, a very good modded item, and its gone as I emptied the inventory. Guess I check in future but mods on that particular alt was not cheap to make. Kind of take pride making these lol. Well its happened twice in the 1 time. Another time something else weird happened, the MACRO was gone from the slot, no idea what happened there, as quickbars are locked etc, has only ever happened once though so didn't mention it. Don't care if die and get debt..but when losing very good modded items, a bit of concern. I keep eye out i guess

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:32 pm

That's very strange, but without more information I'm clueless. This is the first time I've heard of anyone having this problem. Do you use autosell and that sold the items or something? Also, what level were they?

raff

#5 Post by raff » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:27 am

Hi,

I rarely had this problem, too. So i noticed, when my bot was reloading the ammunation, after that there comes the message, Item will come soulboundd, when equip..

And I noticed it, when my bot runs to npc to repair, and if the city was full of players, it was very laggy, so the bot sometimes didnt get the npc, but he still wanted to sell some items.

extremeuser

#6 Post by extremeuser » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:31 am

i was using costumes and they had very good mods on them. I don't use the auto sell feature at this stage. This alt is pure farming for a few friends ehre and there, any selling of picking up items etc I manage myself, I don't use lootfilter either

Administrator
Site Admin

#7 Post by Administrator » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:59 am

So where did the items go? Were they left in your inventory, or missing?

extremeuser

#8 Post by extremeuser » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:13 am

i have to presume they were switched and put in my inventory! for those who would use lootfilter or for me who just empties without looking...didnt notice till too late.. I still cant afford to replace yet lol

extremeuser

#9 Post by extremeuser » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:23 am

just lost a tier 8 weapon and another piece of equip, was using loot filter to clean inventory! TURN it off until this bug is fixed! damn..... It seems to bug and switch equips

Administrator
Site Admin

#10 Post by Administrator » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:33 pm

There is nothing to turn off. There is no reason that I'm aware of it should be equipping anything.

extremeuser

#11 Post by extremeuser » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:58 am

when i said turn off i meant lootfilter lol! im sitll experiencing the same bug! i think its caused if you leave your inventory open, sometimes it just tries to equip the item! and if u have loot filer on to clean inventory every once in a while and you have accidently switched equip...well you lost it simple.

Lembke

#12 Post by Lembke » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:44 pm

Maybe there is some kind of anti-bot stuff in lootfilter then? that makes you equip crap gear and then destory your good gear. and that must have been done by the creator of lootfilter so lets check the codes of lootfilter? but i doubt that was made, anyway i have never faced this kind of "bug" since im only farming whit lvl 1 - 10 alts to make manastones. I feel sry for all your lost's, and i just want to say this bot is one of the better bots i have used cus you can make your own functions etc...

InadequateCoder

#13 Post by InadequateCoder » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:54 pm

I use lootfilter too, what I've noticed is that when you leave the trash bin functions on you lose stuff you don't want to lose. Just disable that part of lootfilter and you should be fine.

As far as I know the bot doesn't autoswitch equipment as suggested without adding code to do so. If I remember correctly, even if the bag doesn't open it will sell stuff by bag slot id number and buy the pots/ammo you desire. If the bot doesn't open the merchant correctly it crashes out (unless I'm remembering wrong) cause it gets bad returns either in the buying or selling.

Administrator
Site Admin

#14 Post by Administrator » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:16 pm

I've given this some thought and I think it could occasionally happen when trying to use potions. If a garbage item took a slot that an HP potion used to be at, and the bot attempts to use the item in that slot, it would equip it. This is pretty hard to test, though. I suppose some code could be added to protect against this. In the meantime, can you guys check out lootfilter to make sure it's safe? I really can't think of any reason why the bot would destroy any items unless specifically told to do so.

EDIT: I added some code to protect against accidental item equipping in the case that a wearable item somehow got into a slot that the bot expects to find a potion or arrow quiver. You should update off SVN and see if this helps.

InadequateCoder

#15 Post by InadequateCoder » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Tested. You're right Admin. I watched this happen (I hadn't updated my files yet cause I've been testing some new functions I'm writing).