The bot is kind of useless isnt it??

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
tomerr90

The bot is kind of useless isnt it??

#1 Post by tomerr90 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:35 am

I mean if you compare it to questing you might as well go quest because in killing mobs it takes you about 4 times longer to level then it would have taken you by questing.... correct me if i'm wrong but i doubt i am....

d003232

Re: The bot is kind of useless isnt it??

#2 Post by d003232 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:45 am

tomerr90 wrote:I mean if you compare it to questing you might as well go quest because in killing mobs it takes you about 4 times longer to level then it would have taken you by questing.... correct me if i'm wrong but i doubt i am....
Your right. It takes a lot of time to only level by mob killing. And you can use the bot to
  • harvest ressources
  • farm daily quest items
  • support you quest doing. Just wander a little and kill the mobs while you drink your tee
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

ToreDeLoro

#3 Post by ToreDeLoro » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:20 pm

i only use the bot when im not at PC :P
i do the quest and when i go out turn on the bot

3cmSailorfuku

#4 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:12 am

tomerr90 wrote:I mean if you compare it to questing you might as well go quest because in killing mobs it takes you about 4 times longer to level then it would have taken you by questing.... correct me if i'm wrong but i doubt i am....
No, grinding will be necessary at some points. An early example would be 1-10 which is doable faster if you grind (Somehow that doesnt count for elves, which took me a shitlong of time to grind), while 18-25 will be faster if you do some of the main quests. That's just my own opinion though (Which would mean I grind with the Knight and only resolve quests with the weaker class), my whole character is basically grinded to death and most of the quests I could do would be useless now. That being said, Im not sure anymore if you still get a TP reward for finishing old quests but if you don't then yes, it's way better to quest.

But there are advantages over grinding with a bot, like a constant supply of money, general items, equipment and TP.

It's your call what you want to do with it. If you don't require it then don't use it, but there are also some people who don't want to use a bot and just want to understand the technical aspect of it.