Warden looting

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Mystikal

Warden looting

#1 Post by Mystikal » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:29 pm

I was testing the warden, as i wanted to bot a while with my pet summoned.

I had 2 problems.

1. As soon as my pet attacked my enemy target, as i had "antiks=true", my character would turn away and look for another target.

I fixed it by I adding "Spirit_of_the_Oak" to my friends list.

2. Once fixed, it worked, they were both attacking my target, but when we killed it it just did not loot.

I really dont know why, but this looting issue may be somehow connected with the "unsticking player issue" but the fact is that after every combat it always loots and the character never gets stuck with nothing as long as i have the game window minimized. But if i leave it in the top, it does not loot and it begins to turn right and then left for 5 secs like crazy until it tries to "unstick player" and then continues.

Suggestion:
Actually, Warden summoning being considered as a buff doesnt work (i know you are aware of it), because it is not a buff, so it just keeps the player summoning once and again his pet.

I think i may be solved using the "target pet" game function (keybind "alt+F1") and checking if it targets the pet. If it does not then summon it. This should be checked after every combat and if "pet health percent< X" then cast Elven prayer on it.

Obviously you may have already thought how to code it, just in case =D

YOu rock guys, i wish i knew coding

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Warden looting

#2 Post by Administrator » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:40 pm

Summons are not supported. At all. They are classified as buffs because they are "friendly" skills (and therefor can be used outside of combat). This does not mean it requires a buff.

3cmSailorfuku

#3 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:13 am

Mystikal wrote: 2. Once fixed, it worked, they were both attacking my target, but when we killed it it just did not loot.

I really dont know why, but this looting issue may be somehow connected with the "unsticking player issue" but the fact is that after every combat it always loots and the character never gets stuck with nothing as long as i have the game window minimized. But if i leave it in the top, it does not loot and it begins to turn right and then left for 5 secs like crazy until it tries to "unstick player" and then continues.

It worked for me after I restarted my PC. Weird.
Last edited by 3cmSailorfuku on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

d003232

#4 Post by d003232 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:49 am

Mystikal wrote:2. Once fixed, it worked, they were both attacking my target, but when we killed it it just did not loot.

Supposedly it is because you don't target the mob anymore ... something to do with targeting your per? If you update to SVN 287 you can use the profile option

Code: Select all

<option name="DEBUG_LOOT"	value="true" />
to see the reasons while skipping loot.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

Mystikal

#5 Post by Mystikal » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:30 am

d003232 wrote:
Code wrote:Code:
<option name="DEBUG_LOOT" value="true" />
to see the reasons while skipping loot.
First of all, i have to say it works much better in 287, it tends to loot correctly and it rarely gets stuck with invisible walls =P even if i have the window on top.

Those times it does not loot it says:
code wrote:[DEBUG] don't loot reason: self.TargetPtr == 0
Actually i've seen it happens when the pet gains the aggro earlier in the fight so the message "Aggro wait time out" Pops up and my char leaves the combat to my pet and looks for a new target (my pet is in my friend list)

Before 287 i had loot issues even without my pet summoned, so that problem seems to have been solved.

I hope this helps, but i think you've already solved it =D

d003232

#6 Post by d003232 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:23 am

Mystikal wrote:Actually i've seen it happens when the pet gains the aggro earlier in the fight so the message "Aggro wait time out" Pops up and my char leaves the combat to my pet and looks for a new target (my pet is in my friend list)
Nice to heare. So at the moment it is just the general missed pet support. That just needs time and someone who is doing it.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

Administrator
Site Admin

#7 Post by Administrator » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:37 am

Pet support won't be started until all the other problems are fixed first.